• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I think we need to realize that vaccination of employees in the workplace is not just for that employees benefit, but for the safety of his/her colleagues and visitors.

With the vaccinations, we have a lot of data on the level and duration of immunity to the Covid-19 virus. I would ask others, if this information we do not have for folks who may have caught the virus and have natural immunity?

Jim
She works from home and doesn't see anyone else...

crazy4life

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife is being forced to either get her first shot in less than 30 days or lose her job (found out two days ago).... for a mandate that is not even official yet.

As for me, my work just announced we will need weekly testing.

It is frustrating because I would put my boat that our anti-bodies are stronger than 95% of people with a vaccine.
Have your wife check the companies exemption policy. There are many companies that allow for exemptions for prior Covid infections. Merck allows for an exemption for prior Covid infection regardless of when it was. Just have to have proof of a positive Covid test and have a Doctor sign the exemption form. More then one person have sued there employer and won. I would think that most large firms would accept this as a exemption.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This thread went days without a post. I was wondering if everyone was frustrated with trying to change each other’s minds, or if the anti-vaxers all died from covid? Or if the pro-vax crowd are all paralyzed from the vaccine? Those are the only options that could happen, based on what I’ve learned from this thread. Is the booster a good option for someone over 50, but still looks handsome and young? Asking for a friend. He doesn’t want his conservative friends to know he’s vaccinated, and doing fine.
For your friend,...........................:rolleyes:.

I'm as right wing and conservative as they come, and vaccines work. Period. If he's high functioning and wants to stay that way, use every tool available.

-Pneumonic vax got it
-shingles vax gotit
-I did Phizer 1/2 got it
-I self imposed a Moderna booster waay before any of the talking commenced.
Its your/his health we are talking about F-ck everybody else.

Don't wait for the intelligentsia/political buffoons to make up/change their minds, you decide, and take action.

PS- One of my girlfriends that actually got Covid pre vax, ( one of two that exposed me to it), has since discovered that she now has fluid on her heart sac. Boy that sucks.

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I spoke with a cardiologist who said he is seeing 30-40 newly vaccinated patients that have cardiac problems attributed to the shots.

A friend that works in an allergists office said they are seeing over 20 patients with what they are calling serum sickness…from the proven safe and effective vaccine.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think we need to realize that vaccination of employees in the workplace is not just for that employees benefit, but for the safety of his/her colleagues and visitors.

With the vaccinations, we have a lot of data on the level and duration of immunity to the Covid-19 virus. I would ask others, if this information we do not have for folks who may have caught the virus and have natural immunity?

Jim
So why can’t the colleagues and visitors just take the proven safe and effective vaccines if they are concerned for their safety?

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
[
So why can’t the colleagues and visitors just take the proven safe and effective vaccines if they are concerned for their safety?
I really don't understand the question regarding colleagues, because if vaccines are mandated in the workplace everyone (everyone apart from those with an exemption) would also be vaccinated. I'm sure that you are aware that breakthrough cases can occur with vaccinated folks and reinfections for those that have previously had the virus.

Jim

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
*instead of a mandate

Let those who want the proven safe and effective vaccine get as many boosters as they want.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I spoke with a cardiologist who said he is seeing 30-40 newly vaccinated patients that have cardiac problems attributed to the shots.

A friend that works in an allergists office said they are seeing over 20 patients with what they are calling serum sickness…from the proven safe and effective vaccine.
My question would be had they not got the vaccine and instead got covid, would they have been inevitably prone to cardiac inflammation and if so what level of severity compared to having the vaccine with no exposure. It seems if that were the case perhaps the vaccine triggers responses that are fractional to the full extent of illness that is inevitable. I don’t have any study to suggest for or against and is just pure speculation on my part.
I don’t have aversions to vaccines in general as I have been required to receive them as a condition of my employment for the last 30+ years. I’ve had plenty opportunity to change occupations if it bothered me so. All the attention given to side effects of the covid vaccine fails to illustrate that all vaccines have similar side effects and is not exclusively the covid vaccine with the unintended side effects.

Last edited:

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My question would be had they not got the vaccine and instead got covid, would they have been inevitably prone to cardiac inflammation and if so what level of severity compared to having the vaccine with no exposure. It seems if that were the case perhaps the vaccine triggers responses that are fractional to the full extent of illness that is inevitable. I don’t have any study to suggest for or against and is just pure speculation on my part.
I don’t have aversions to vaccines in general as I have been required to receive them as a condition of my employment for the last 30+ years. I’ve had plenty opportunity to change occupations if it bothered me so. All the attention given to side effects of the covid vaccine fails to illustrate that all vaccines have similar side effects and is not exclusively the covid vaccine with the unintended side effects.
What my gal got from having Covid, Pericardial effusion. The result IS linear gentlemen. Not the other way around.
The vax MAY pose this threat, if it is its infinitesimal. On the other hand the above because of Covid is prevalent and confirmed.
So the net objective becomes not to get or significantly reduce the virus effect, No one at this point can argue rationally that the vax(s) don't accomplish this pretty well.

Is it flawless and perfect under all circumstances, of course not.
But is is efficacious more often than not,..................:cool: for sure.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I find it disconcerting and irresponsible to suggest the vaccine could have any side effects in a public forum. It has been proven to be safe and effective.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I find it disconcerting and irresponsible to suggest the vaccine could have any side effects in a public forum. It has been proven to be safe and effective.
Well call me guilty! Yes I promote the need for the covid vaccines. However, as with any vaccine, a medical history that suggests an over reaction to past medicines or vaccines would be far more unethical to ignore. Safety and overall health is the objective. A false sense of security is just as bad as buying into the misinformation that is out there.
A co-worker had a reaction to the vaccine. That was with the first Pfizer shot. Her airway Began to swell. She used her epinephrine pen as she has had reactions to various medications in the past. Would you tell her that its proven safe, go ahead and take the second dose?

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, the vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective. But, you already now that.

Yes, a vaccine that is safe and effective for the general public, still has a risk of side effects and death. But, you already now that.

733,834 reported deaths from Covid-19 in the U.S. as posted on CDC's website today, 8,944 in the last week alone.

The good news is that the CDC is currently reporting 190.4 million fully vaccinated people and 220.1 million partially vaccinated people in the U.S.

Jim

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife who is a dental hygienist just found out the same thing. She works for a federally funded dental office who charges based off people’s income. Good thing no one can find help right now because it took her all of one day to find another job with a very significant raise at a private practice.Baffles me how we as a country are battling a labor shortage by firing people for not getting vaccinated.
Good for you guys! I am prepared to offer all my employees to move to independent contractor status if this actually ends up happening as I am not going to mandate this EVER.

Rumbo

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
*instead of a mandate

Let those who want the proven safe and effective vaccine get as many boosters as they want.
Exactly! Because then they’ll be protected, right? Oh wait…

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the most prevalent side effects associated specifically with younger recipients has to do with clotting. It is manifest in anyone post vax who undergoes surgeries, or is injured. There have been more than a few younger fit individuals that encounter DVT's and believe it or not strokes.
When I say younger I mean under 35.

The individuals in the know who I have heard from have identified the culprit as Rna based mediums. The body reacts to soluble masses of Rna in the circulatory system and attacks/clots.

These are by no means common, but in the interest if truth they have/are occurring.

Despite this risk, I still went ahead with my own protocol.

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You kinda sound like a CNN pundit.

A more accurate statement would be:

" It has been proven to be safe and effective in most cases, but one should consult with their doctor specific to ones health needs."

There are no absolutes, especially when it comes to medicines. Humans are nothing more than living "exceptions".

Last edited:

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
You kinda sound like a CNN pundit.

A more accurate statement would be:

" It has been proven to be safe and effective in most cases, but one should consult with their doctor specific to ones health needs."
I’m not sure what his intentions were with that post as I have responded to him directly and acknowledged some of his more recent posts in the fairness of a public forum.
I sense sarcasm towards those that deem vaccines safe. Any acknowledgment of side effects or unintentional outcomes somehow gives false credence to hypocrisy. However, for the majority of people it is safe. A purist will not be able to process this point and see it for what it truly is. I have no issue with that and won’t waste my time advocating here.

Last edited:

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Both of my parents, in their 70s, had the Pfizer booster without any adverse effects. They have felt more comfortable in public settings knowing they have additional protection. The deaths of similar aged friends has made them cautious.

My wife, in her early 40s, had the Pfizer booster which made her tired for a day. She is more comfortable teaching in her classroom but remains extremely cautious as we have a son who needs to be protected from CoVID.

The CDC has recommended an additional dose of any vaccine for anyone who had the J & J vaccine and those who meet certain criteria who had Pfizer or Moderna. COVID vaccine: CDC expands booster rollout, OKs mixing shots

If I was to take a booster I would opt for Pfizer. The Pfizer dosage is less than 1/3rd the strength of the Moderna vaccine. The study data showed that similar percentages of Pfizer and Moderna subjects reported adverse effects. Based on anecdotal reports it seems that the adverse effects are stronger with Moderna. I had Moderna with flu like symptoms for 24 to 36 hours after each dose in January and February.

I know that I could get booster but having had two doses of Moderna I likely have highly beneficial antibody response already and my public exposure is limited. Topping that the virus is on a decline in my state. If cases continue to decline and my exposure level remains low I may wait for the next generation of booster specific vaccines. If I had significant public exposure I would jump on the opportunity to get a booster.
Expecting a new variation every year ?

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, the vaccines have been proven to be safe and effective. But, you already now that.

Yes, a vaccine that is safe and effective for the general public, still has a risk of side effects and death. But, you already now that.

733,834 reported deaths from Covid-19 in the U.S. as posted on CDC's website today, 8,944 in the last week alone.

The good news is that the CDC is currently reporting 190.4 million fully vaccinated people and 220.1 million partially vaccinated people in the U.S.

Jim
There's so much I want to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.