• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Sad to say but it seems just about all the news stories I see of someone battling -19 in the hospital were significantly over weight.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you had the antibodies prior to vaxing, at some point in time you did contract Covid. If you didn't experience any symptoms, then you were asymptomatic. A+ to your immunity system for doing a great job!

The news is reporting that Colin Powell was also battling cancer. I believe that folks with many cancers have a higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19, as they may have a weakened immune.

Jim
Yes, Mr Powell had Multiple Myeloma. The medications they get for this, and the cancer itself puts these patients at extremely high risk.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sad to say but it seems just about all the news stories I see of someone battling -19 in the hospital were significantly over weight.
That used to be the case in the first half. With delta, we see extremely healthy, fit, lean people be extremely sick, many dying. Those cases are the worst. So incredibly heartbreaking.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That used to be the case in the first half. With delta, we see extremely healthy, fit, lean people be extremely sick, many dying. Those cases are the worst. So incredibly heartbreaking.
That is my experience with the employees we lost in India. Healthy (none had comorbidities), fit, not overweight, young (20s,30s,40s), all with young children - killed by Delta variant.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
General, Chairman and Secretary of State Powell is widely reported to have had Multiple Myeloma. He also was 84 years old which places him in the age group most vulnerable to CoVID and where vaccination is least effective.

Multiple Myeloma's affect on the immune system is described as "Remember the analogy of the fine Swiss watch? When even a tiny part of the system is affected, the whole mechanism can suffer. Because myeloma is a disease of an immune system cell (the plasma cell), its growth affects the whole immune system. Myeloma suppresses the immune response as a whole, reducing the number of normal antibodies and affecting all the cells that would patrol for and attack abnormal cells. Regulatory T cells, NK cells, and macrophages can no longer perform their functions. In a perver- sion of the normal safeguards, some of the cytokines that are secreted to trigger an immune response in fact stimulate the growth of myeloma cells."

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the ultimate epidemic here in the US. Sooo many other health complications come with this. The Walmart physique is definitely "the norm" now.

Even a person of average build is almost like an alien now.
Because of my occupation, I'm like a freak...........but it has its benefits.

Thats sad he had cancer,..............the treatments alone probably smashed his immune system.

Not to digress but,.....................most news on illnesses and deaths is associated with Covid. But I heard this today and its just FUNNY !

Bill Clinton was hospitalized with "SEPSIS" from a URINARY infection !!!!!!!!!!!! HA !🤣 Discuss !!!!!!!

-Trichonoma
-Chlamydia
-Gonorrhea
-NSU hmmmm

Last edited:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
(Just cross out “COVID-19” and insert “bedbugs”)

Q: Should I take ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19?
A: No. While there are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals, it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. You should not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source.
A recently released research articleExternal Link Disclaimerdescribed the effect of ivermectin on SARS-CoV-2 in a laboratory setting. These types of laboratory studies are commonly used at an early stage of drug development. Additional testing is needed to determine whether ivermectin might be appropriate to prevent or treat coronavirus or COVID-19.
Q: Is there an emergency use authorization for ivermectin in the U.S. to prevent or treat coronavirus or COVID-19?
A: No. FDA has created a special emergency program for possible therapies, the Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program (CTAP). It uses every available method to move new treatments to patients as quickly as possible, while at the same time finding out whether they are helpful or harmful. We continue to support clinical trials that are testing new treatments for COVID so that we can gain valuable knowledge about their safety and effectiveness.
Q: What is ivermectin approved for in the U.S.?
A: Ivermectin tablets are approved for use in humans for the treatment of some parasitic worms (intestinal strongyloidiasis and onchocerciasis) and ivermectin topical formulations are approved for human use by prescription only for the treatment of external parasites such as headlice and for skin conditions such as rosacea.
Ivermectin is FDA-approved for use in animals for prevention of heartworm disease in some small animal species, and for treatment of certain internal and external parasites in various animal species. People should never take animal drugs, as the FDA has only evaluated their safety and effectiveness in the particular species for which they are labeled. Using these products in humans could cause serious harm.
Q: Is there any danger to humans taking ivermectin?
A: There are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals but it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. You should not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source.
Some of the side-effects that may be associated with ivermectin include skin rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain, facial or limb swelling, neurologic adverse events (dizziness, seizures, confusion), sudden drop in blood pressure, severe skin rash potentially requiring hospitalization and liver injury (hepatitis). Laboratory test abnormalities include decrease in white cell count and elevated liver tests. Any use of ivermectin for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19 should be avoided as its benefits and safety for these purposes have not been established. Data from clinical trials are necessary for us to determine whether ivermectin is safe and effective in treating or preventing COVID-19.
Q: What should I do if the ivermectin products I purchase for use in my animals are not available at my typical retailer?
A: Ivermectin is an important part of a parasite control program for certain species and should only be given to animals for approved uses or as prescribed by a veterinarian in compliance with the requirements for extra-label drug use. Due to potentially elevated interest in ivermectin following the new research, some products may not be available. If you are having difficulty locating a particular ivermectin product for your animal(s), the FDA recommends that you consult with your veterinarian.
Q: What is the FDA doing to protect people from fraudulent COVID-19 products?
A: We have established a cross-agency task force dedicated to closely monitoring for fraudulent COVID-19 products. We have reached out to major retailers to ask for their help in monitoring online marketplaces for fraudulent COVID-19 products. Products sold are subject to FDA investigation and potential enforcement action if they claim to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure COVID-19 and have not demonstrated safety and effectiveness for that intended use. The task force has already worked with retailers to remove dozens of these types of product listings online.
The FDA and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) issue warning letters to companies that violate federal law and pose significant risks to patient health by selling unapproved products with fraudulent claims to treat or prevent COVID-19. View the warning lettersfor more information.
Additional Information
FDA Letter to Stakeholders: Do Not Use Ivermectin Intended for Animals as Treatment for COVID-19 in Humans
Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Throughout this whole covid thing there really wasn't anything I could say I knew 100% about the info until this. Im still shaking my head at the bed bug thing.

Last edited:

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Throughout this whole covid thing there really wasn't anything I could say I knew 100% about the info until this. Im still shaking my head at the bed bug thing.
Is there anything I can ingest to rid my home of dry wood termites?
:p :wacky:

Tgen2013

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that fat George Costanza ?

( I apologize to Jason Alexander for that).

Last edited:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Natural Pyrethrum is a contact insecticide with little to no residual action. While it would kill termites on contact it offers no protection against reinfestation.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You jest, but, dihydrogen monoxide is an invisible killer!

"Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

• is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
  • contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
  • may cause severe burns.
  • contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
  • accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
  • may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the midwest, and recently California.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

• as an industrial solvent and coolant.
  • in nuclear power plants.
  • in the production of styrofoam.
  • as a fire retardant.
  • in many forms of cruel animal research.
  • in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
  • as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products."
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jim

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Evil Sports, it was meant to be funny in a nerdy science sort of way. I was trying to build off of @jlcj7's post above that I thought was funny, even though I generally like CNN.

Dihydrogen monoxide is, of course, H2O (water). A colleague of mine would use the above as an ice-breaker when he taught our new employees how to audit pharmaceutical water systems that made Potable Water, Purified Water, and Water for injection.

Jim

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Penn and teller did it better.

scbruet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I agree, but it was a more entertaining 3 hours than watching that new Bond turd.
Exactly. Joe Rogan is an entertainer / comedian, and he's fantastic at his job. He's not "speaking truth." He just lets any guest he has on say what they want and he mostly always agrees with whatever their point is. That's part of his charm. He's not news, he's entertainment. I enjoy most of his podcasts as an entertainment source.

Last edited:

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
This thread went days without a post. I was wondering if everyone was frustrated with trying to change each other’s minds, or if the anti-vaxers all died from covid? Or if the pro-vax crowd are all paralyzed from the vaccine? Those are the only options that could happen, based on what I’ve learned from this thread. Is the booster a good option for someone over 50, but still looks handsome and young? Asking for a friend. He doesn’t want his conservative friends to know he’s vaccinated, and doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.