• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

The Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
i got the pfizer one. both shots, i didnt even know i got them. zero side effects whatsoever. got it at rite-aid. like most of you have said, it was smooth and easy. 5-10 min wait then a 10 min sit down after before you left. im not a big vaccine guy but i wanted to get it just because i want this crap to be over and done with. i've had enough lol

Slant555

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
First shot of Pfizer, waiting a couple weeks for next dose. No reaction to the first shot but have heard of several people reacting to the second dose. Fingers crossed.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Got 1st shot of Moderna 1 1/2 wks ago, felt nothing. Get 2nd in a couple wks. Wife has had both, also Moderna. Also felt nothing with 1st but the 2nd hit her hard, fever, shakes, chills ,sweats, headache and body aches for 2 days

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got Pfizer first shot and was fine other than real sore at the injection site for several days with bruising. She injected it very slowly as that is how she said they were instructed. Arm was much more sore than your typical flu shot. I got back for my 2nd shot on the 10th. My work is giving away $25k to 10 people in a raffle so it made choosing a little easier lol.

My grandmother in her 90’s and my parents who both have bad health factors have had their one shot of Moderna with no side efffcs. They go back for their second shot tomorrow. I’ve known people who have died from Covid so that’s another reason why I got it as I’m also not in best of health. It affects people differently so I didn’t want to roll the dice with it vs roll the dice with the vaccine. I waffled back and forth for the longest time if I wanted it or not. I guess I just said YOLO and did it eventually. Haven't noticed I glow at night or anything yet lol.
You may not glow at night, but I can now track your every move in VAMS (government's vaccine administration management system)!

JK although, that system can't even track who has had what shot very well! Both Pfizer shots no side effects other than the usual soreness at the injection site. Got the second shot in my dominant arm knowing I was going to play a few hours of tennis later that day. That helped eliminate the soreness.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My advice...get it in your dominant arm. Best to keep it moving to reduce side effects. Tru-dat-be...

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had first Moderna shot 5 days ago, have not had COVID. Local arm soreness about 50% of tetanus shot for about 48 hours, nothing to worry about. Slept a bit more than usual for a couple of days. The day after, I had just a bit of that "hit by a truck" feel you can get when you have actual influenza, but maybe only at 25% of typical flu levels. No other symptoms. Easy.

Aurora, big Milwaukee area medical syatem, had hundreds of available appointments daily across their system. They had two appointments sscheduled every 15 minutes and had sis, yes SIX, nurses there to make it happen. Two at the greeting table. And two at each of the two tables set up to serve individual patients. All were actual nurses as all had badges saying so. Oh, almost forget, they also had an RN in a supervisory role. So, they staffed it up with 7 nurses to do 8 shots per hour. I will say all were professional, knew what they were doing, and the atmosphere was calm and mellow.

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Moderna. 1st shot: sore arm. 2nd shot: chills for 5 hours occurring 12 hours after getting the vax. Chills again the next evening, but less severe. No issues since. My third arm has been a welcomed addition.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigN8 got mine at Denton county too and boy they are good.
First shot I had a bit of headache. Slept the entire next day. No fever. Sore arms for 3 or 4 days.

Second shot on Tuesday and I am planing to call in sick from work the next day

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had covid back in December and had almost no symptoms so I am not getting it. More worried about what the vaccine is going to cause down the road then I am about getting covid again.

This is where I am at... whole family was Covid Positive over Christmas - mild to moderate symptoms across the board. If I did not have it I would lean more towards getting it probably - but having had it I feel strongly about the research on my own natural immunity and will not be getting the vaccine.

I do not believe their will be any travel or sporting events attendance mandates related to the vaccine - at least not in the US - I suppose we could see some foreign countries making it a requirement for entry. US Federal laws historically have upheld multi-level exemptions for any mandate - be it religious, medical, etc... any private company that tries to install one will be sued quickly (to generate legal fees and to shut down the mandate/and/or lock down exemptions). For instance someone allergic to a vaccine component (eggs for instance) they are saying cannot get it anyways so you can't force someone in that instance to get something that could cause a lethal reaction.

I will re-evaluate end of this year and see where things are at.

Bohdiez

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I gotten my first shot about three weeks ago in a hockey arena. That’s right, up here in the north country Lol. In Canada we get the first shot then have to wait 4 months for second one. I was given the Pfizer shot, no issues with the exception of a sore arm for a day. Other that smooth sailing.
as I’m writing this, lockdown to commence on Saturday... no surprise though it’s a long weekend.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got my second phizer today. Hopefully no side effects. Have not have covid. Husband has fever and chills with his second shot

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My wife is in healthcare, decided to get hers. I will not be getting it, or the kids. Not that it even means anything, but the vaccine is not even FDA approved. All 3 that are available were given Emergency Use Authorization, but not approval.

I'm happy to respect everyone else's wishes, small businesses included...but no covid vaccine here.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We had decided not to get vaccinated from the beginning simply because as far as we are concerned there has not been enough testing done. To top it off today I hear a report that they will only be effective for 6 months now. To many unknowns.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We had decided not to get vaccinated from the beginning simply because as far as we are concerned there has not been enough testing done. To top it off today I hear a report that they will only be effective for 6 months now. To many unknowns.
Strange, heard just today it was just as effective after 6 months; that it had not broken down in the human body.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Strange, heard just today it was just as effective after 6 months; that it had not broken down in the human body.
After I posted that I read exactly what you heard. So which expert is correct? I have no idea!!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So they started vaccinating more than 6 months ago to validate this?

My 90 year old mother got the 2nd Moderna shot and within hours was extremely ill. She spent 6 days in the hospital. We almost lost her. I do want to say in full disclosure her health has been declining over the past few years. She is not as strong as she use to be but that process of her body developing antibodies nearly created a funeral.

That is not influencing my decision. I just want to know why I should get vaccinated as I feel my body's natural response is superior to the one created by man. @swatski I believe you are in the industry. Do you have an opinion?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
So they started vaccinating more than 6 months ago to validate this?
Clinical trials (prior to emergency approval) have been going on for longer than 6 months...

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Moderna 2nd shot gave me fever chills headache for 2 days and nausea another 2-3 days, Pfizer was the best shot 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.