• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This forums needs more seadoo pics

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I really don't have (m)any on the water shots because I was always in the boat when it was wet.

100_2660.JPG

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think the reason for lack of Sea-Doo pictures is due to the fact that they are always in the repair and not in the water. (Sorry had to go there)(In a joking way of course):winkingthumbsup":winkingthumbsup"

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was very close to buying a Seadoo boat, but ended up with a Yamaha. I think the finish of the Seadoo boats was nicer. Too bad the company stopped making boats. Competition is the key for our market.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice lookin collection of Doo's and V dubs. Especially the VW Thing, never seen one that nice and custom.

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi gang, relatively new here, but thought I'd contribute some Sea-Doo pics before I turn them into Scarab pics. And everyone seems like they live out on wonderful lakes, so I thought I'd represent Massachusetts, where my 2010 Speedster 150 is routinely taken places it probably shouldn't be...

At home, admiring my recent Hydro-Turf application. Such a great addition.
TurfedUp.jpeg

Yeah, I tow it with a Forester. LOL.
TurfedUp2.jpeg

New Boat Owner "Adventure" -- Through the Charles River locks and into Boston Harbor (Probably NOT the place for a 15' Sea-Doo!). USS Constitution, with Bunker Hill monument in background.
Constitution.jpeg

In Plymouth Harbor, checking out the Mayflower up close. Plymouth Rock is just off-camera to port.

Mayflower.jpeg

Tough to find good spots to put in where I live. Have to be up in NH/ME/VT for the nice fresh water spots with room to run. Boston Harbor is an adrenaline rush in a craft this small. Not entirely the good kind of adrenaline, either. The whale watch ships and many 30'+ cruisers create small tsunamis even at no-wake speed and on a "waves 1ft or less" forecast. lol

Anyway, thought I'd chip in some photos!

Enjoy they weekend, folks.

-- Josh

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Nice, what Scarab are you going with?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...Anyway, thought I'd chip in some photos!...
Welcome!

Those are some great shots of some historic ships. I wish we had something like that near us to cruise around.

Nice Speedster too. The Hydro-Turf looks great.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
REALLY nice photos. Thanks for sharing them ! Totally Enjoyable !
And the Hydro-Turf application was SUPERB ! Nice work ~!
Mikey Lulejian - Lakje Oconee, GA

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a few pics of our last boat. Its a 98 SeaDoo Sportster 1800.I put a ton of work into the boat including re-jetting the carbs, rebuilding the carbs, re-wiring a ton of stuff, new hydro turf, new upholstery, I could go on for days. I loved that boat, but one day the wife said that maybe we should look for a newer boat. I immediately started shopping (before she changed her mind ;) ) for a new SeaDoo, but ended up falling in love with the Yamaha's.

DSCN9033.JPG
DSCN9024.JPG
DSCN9027.JPG
DSCN9008.JPG
DSCN0005.JPG

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice, what Scarab are you going with?
Really have my eye on the 195 Impulse in red. I've read rumors that they're launching a 24' version later this year (?), so I might wait to see what that looks like if I can confirm it. The head compartment on the 24' Yamahas sure sounds convenient. Wondering if Scarab will have a 242 competitor soon.

I mainly wonder how much more chop the 195/215/24' size increases would allow me to comfortably (and dryly) handle. The 15' Speedster is pretty much a jetski out on Boston Harbor. You get wet, you can get air, and it's pretty wild until you find shelter around one of the islands. I think the added freeboard and windshields on any of the larger Scarabs would really help with all that.

And then there's the issue of tow vehicle. I need to find something halfway economical (daily commute) that can tow the future upgrade.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
one day the wife said that maybe we should look for a newer boat.
That happened to me to...the key to buying a newer boat is to make the wife think its her idea. And act quickly before she decides on something else to spend your money on.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That happened to me to...the key to buying a newer boat is to make the wife think its her idea. And act quickly before she decides on something else to spend your money on.
Exactly!!! To be honest, I was a bit upset that she suggested it because our boat was finally all fixed up and we never had a payment. But the family would take a beating riding in the boat if the water got choppy So now we can go out for longer cruises and stay out on the lake in less that perfect conditions.

So.....I guess......well .......you know....... Darn it, she was right ;)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are pics of the SeaDoos I have owned (yeah 3 are PWCs but technically they are boats too). The X20 would still smoke the Yamaha SX230HO I had and the 242 LS I have where acceleration and handling (low and high speed) are concerned. It had a 240 HP Mercury engine mated to a Mercury Sport Jet pump, top speed was only 52 GPSd but it got there quickly.

As for the skis, I wish I didn't sell the SPX (small yellow one). It had a 110HP motor, weighed just 400 lbs, accelerated like a bat out of hell, could turn on a dime and had a top speed of 59 mph.

SeaDoo (3).JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But the family would take a beating riding in the boat if the water got choppy So now we can go out for longer cruises and stay out on the lake in less that perfect conditions.
Relatively new boater here. It sounds like the step from 18' (sportster 1800) to 21' (AR21) delivered significant gains in comfort and seaworthiness. If you have a moment, I'd love to hear your experience with this, and just how much more stable/comfortable it was in chop. I have a Speedster 150 (15'), and I'm considering an upgrade to either the 18'10" or 21' Scarab. I suspect the improvement is incremental and not revolutionary, but just thought I'd ask. Happy to hear anyone else's experience too.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Relatively new boater here. It sounds like the step from 18' (sportster 1800) to 21' (AR21) delivered significant gains in comfort and seaworthiness. If you have a moment, I'd love to hear your experience with this, and just how much more stable/comfortable it was in chop. I have a Speedster 150 (15'), and I'm considering an upgrade to either the 18'10" or 21' Scarab. I suspect the improvement is incremental and not revolutionary, but just thought I'd ask. Happy to hear anyone else's experience too.
For us it was a huge improvement in comfort out on the water. I'd be happy to discuss our experiences with any member here. I'll start a "private conversation" with you so that we don't take this thread off topic.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
More from falls lake this weekend: