• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

This forums needs more seadoo pics

Aces_Over_Kings

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Was out on Sunday so I thought I'd share a few pics of a neat little spot, at least by local standards. I drool over the sandbar spots you all post!

The spot is called World's End in Hingham, MA in the southeastern corner of the greater Boston Harbor Islands area. Evidently it's a popular spot for "real" boaters, but is regarded as something of a sh*t show. At low tide, the center of the sheltered water is a tidal flat, so all the "real" boats stay in the channel on the periphery (depth chart below). The popularity of the spot creates congestion, and with the restricted depths, I guess it's a recipe for fouled anchor lines and other assorted boating/drinking shenanigans.

Enter the lone jetboat, smaller than some of the dinghies attached to the larger cruisers. I can sit right where they can't, plenty of space to myself.

upload_2014-9-2_13-23-3.png

About 80 boats anchored, rafted, people swimming, jumping off swim platforms, floating around, generally having a good time.

photo 1.JPG
photo 3.JPG
iPhone photos from within a LifeProof case so that doesn't help the quality, but it was pretty cloudy. In Boston, we take 86° where we can get it this summer.

photo 4.JPG

You can see from the size of the other boats why the Speedster 150 attracts so much... uh... attention.

photo 1.JPG
Much closer in person, the boats below are ringing the perimeter of the sheltered area/lagoon in the deeper channel. Clouds just wouldn't quit. Across the way is Hull, MA. Or, as I like to optimistically think of it -- SharkShield, MA. Makes me feel better when I'm dangling my legs off the swim deck.

photo 3.JPG

And finally, the cockpit view. On top is the mount for the iPhone in its LifeProof case. Tethered to the phone itself (not in view, obviously) is a bright orange float, in case the whole mount flies off in the harbor chop. Lower right is the VHF with DSC/MMSI SOS, on a RAM mount. Lower left under the stereo is a Delorme inReach, 1st Gen satellite messenger on another RAM mount. Top right is my finger in front of the lens because I'm a dummy.

photo 4.JPG

The inReach is pretty slick, although they have newer models out now. For those not familiar, it's a GPS tracker and satellite communicator. Allows you to check in at GPS coordinates and send either pre-fab texts (things like "I'm OK!" or "Send help!") or custom text messages, locations, and most importantly, trigger SAR via satellite (no cell tower required -- handy if SHTF and phone/VHF are gone, or no one on the boat knows who/how to call in an emergency. Instructions on the back -- just flip the safety, hold the SOS button, press again to confirm, help is scrambled to your location). You can also check in to social media sites while off the grid and/or people can track your tracked progress on the Delorme site if you share the link.

Small monthly fee depending on the plan and how many messages you want, covers basic SAR costs. I pay the recreational plan and pay per text message. Added bonus is that you can just as easily use it on back-country ATV, hiking, skiing, camping, etc. and for trips worldwide and off the grid. $18 a year gets you $100,000 in SAR coverage, worldwide.

It matches up with the Delorme Earthmate app for iOS (free with purchase) and acts as a basic GPS interface. You download whatever charts and maps you want to your device, and the phone and inReach work together to put you on the map and send messages. Good for orientation and tracking, not so much for navigation and waypoints.

Lastly, they worked a deal with BoatU.S. towing services so if I need a tow, you can simply text message them from the iPhone/iPad and they'll get your grid coordinates along with the text.

The inReach I have (they're way nicer now) and some shots of the app and free NOAA chart downloads:

232573_18029_XL.jpg

Screenshot of the app (accuracy based off cell signal since I'm sitting in my office now, usually it's ±16ft.

photo 1.PNG

Text for a tow right from the phone app (the Boat U.S. item). Pretty slick.

photo 3.PNG

Anyway, hope everyone else's Labor Day was happy, healthy, and relaxing!

Attachments

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll play.

This is from Cultus Lake in central Oregon.

These ones are from the annual hydroplane races here in the Tri-Cities Washington on the Columbia River.

This is very early in the day. By the end of the day there were three times the boats around.

Random Photos

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ScarabMike , this sea doo looks a lot like your boat. This is a good option for a 21' sport boat, right? I have to go read more about these

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph Yea it does. But Looking at all the videos, it looks to have some better options like a removable cooler, Chase lounge rear facing chairs, TWIN supercharged engines, analog/digital display, radio and cubby in the driver side. Its just badass. Here are some videos. If I knew before I started looking for boats what I know now, I would have picked up one of these for sure.

And it was on Sea Doo's how to series

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not sure if the SP's were the same, but in the SE's only the 21 got the rear seats for some odd reason. @DieselCamel has them on his, along with twin 215's.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 210 sp is basically the the same boat as 210 se with a factory tower and orange. Looked at one before I bought mine. With the 2x155hp option

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes 210se and sp were the only ones with rear seats. I believe sea doo calls them trans sat seating

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@DieselCamel how come you didnt get it? Price..... options?

They look to be rare boats. I just tried looking for one and there are non for sale that I can see in either 210 or 230 variant.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wouldn't fit in his garage with the speaker tower.

And now he's looking at adding a speaker tower. :p

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The one I looked at was a sea doo tour demo boat. it was pretty much the thrashed and the tower was to high in the folded position to fit in the garage. There are also some pictures of a lime green sp floating around the Internet. Not sure if they ever may in that color or it was just a advertising material.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Same as mine.. Expect mine doesn't light up like that. No orange

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great videos and thank you @ScarabMike . I can't find anyone which would have me concerned about parts but for my next boat, I will not worry too much about that. I will look for a good dealer and put up with any required downtime to keep a jet boat like that.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph Honestly, I think these have the updated systems just like the Scarab/Glastron/Chaparral power plants. You may find one that has some hours on it, so just negotiate your price, and factor in a good 500-600 for a service department to do all required maintenance, and maybe even some preventive ones depending on the hours.

I wouldnt hesitate to buy one of these as long as it has been taken care of, then I would change spark plugs, coil packs, carbon clean the engine, and if necessary rebuild the Supercharger. Now you have a basically brand new boat you dont have to worry about.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Beautiful boats!

@ScarabMike I see why you would want one.

@DieselCamel, was your cooling system failure a fluke occurrence or is there an issue with the cooling systems?

Did Scarab, Chapparal or Glassetream change the cooling system or use the same as Seadoo?

I believe I read that one of the manufacturers had built heat exchangers into the ride plates. It would be awesome if they could build enough cooling into the ride plates to eliminate bringing lake / ocean water into the boat.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce I believe these have the ride plates just like the newer Rotax powered boats. On some of the videos you can see the steam coming from the rear.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful boats!

@ScarabMike I see why you would want one.

@DieselCamel, was your cooling system failure a fluke occurrence or is there an issue with the cooling systems?

Did Scarab, Chapparal or Glassetream change the cooling system or use the same as Seadoo?

I believe I read that one of the manufacturers had built heat exchangers into the ride plates. It would be awesome if they could build enough cooling into the ride plates to eliminate bringing lake / ocean water into the boat.

As far as I know it was a fluke. Doesn't seems to be many people who have had the same issue. Some how sea weed clog the exhaust cooling channel. The cooling plates are for the engine cooling side of the cooling system.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ya know . some KILLER photos of gorgeous boats in this thread !
Agreed ... MORE !
Hey there from beautiful Lake Oconee, GA on a 72 degree totally sunny day !
Just got back from a 6.01 mile walk ! - Mikey Lulejian