• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector Wake In The Field Updates

RyanOnTonka

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wake looks nice and clean now. I'd put 600 lbs down on the center of the lower platform. Then add another 400 lbs on the surf side upper swim platform. Then fill the surf side rear bag which I believe is about 300 lbs full (both port and starboard). The center line holds about 800 lbs max but we don't fill it full when we surf. Yamaha advertises 1400 lbs of total ballast on the 242X.

Also when you're listing the boat over be careful that you don't list it over too far as you will cause a spray to escape the non surf side nozzle and it will irritate your surfer.
@JetBoatPilot thanks! I’ll give this a try. Just to clarify, you’re recommending 1,300 pounds of total weight... 1,000 on swim platform and 300 in the boat on the surf side? Sounds good to me, but seems different than what’s listed in your most recent video (1,200 swim, 100% port, 50% star, 25% center). Thanks again!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The recommendations on the video are best but that may change depending on fuel load or passenger load so you will have to adapt depending on that day's set up.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What item is this? It doesn’t look like the deflector on your website or video.
It’s exactly what it says it is. It’s the deflector for the 24’ models. It will only ship to those with 24’ boats. The narrow one is for the other models

Bmeehan19

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s exactly what it says it is. It’s the deflector for the 24’ models. It will only ship to those with 24’ boats. The narrow one is for the other models
Thanks. I guess I didn’t really post my question as intended. I did read what it said, I couldn’t find it on the website to purchase but through further research I found out that it comes with the TVW. I apologize for my ignorance I’m new to jet boats.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. I guess I didn’t really post my question as intended. I did read what it said, I couldn’t find it on the website to purchase but through further research I found out that it comes with the TVW. I apologize for my ignorance I’m new to jet boats.
No ignorance there at all, or need to apologize. It's a confusing product, as it's an important piece that you can't buy by itself. And those of us that have been waiting for it have been talking about this mysterious unicorn for quite some time. We have seen one post on this forum of anyone that has received one. I can only imagine others should follow this week. HOPEFULLY ME!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry its new and we've been so busy we've not been able to update the website. Apparently every American has taken up the love of boating! We're swamped!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sorry its new and we've been so busy we've not been able to update the website. Apparently every American has taken up the love of boating! We're swamped!
That's what our local ATV shop and local RV shop says, too. :)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's what our local ATV shop and local RV shop says, too. :)
True, any way possible to entertain the family without getting close to other people!

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Resurfacing this thread because I am adjusting my Thrust Vector Wake again this year. I continue to get the spray as @RyanOnTonka was getting in the earlier posts here. Question: @RyanOnTonka: what did you ultimately do to get the spray under control? Was it the deflector that made the difference, or did you adjust the set screws in a way that was different from the guidelines? (hoping it wasn't the deflector because I have a single engine 19 ft AR195....meaning there is no deflector for our boats.) Any input you could provide would help. Thanks

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Resurfacing this thread because I am adjusting my Thrust Vector Wake again this year. I continue to get the spray as @RyanOnTonka was getting in the earlier posts here. Question: @RyanOnTonka: what did you ultimately do to get the spray under control? Was it the deflector that made the difference, or did you adjust the set screws in a way that was different from the guidelines? (hoping it wasn't the deflector because I have a single engine 19 ft AR195....meaning there is no deflector for our boats.) Any input you could provide would help. Thanks
Email me at will@jetboatpilot and we can help you out. Send over this message so I have reference to the conversation.