• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Thrust Vector XL's - Group interest

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
http://jetboatpilot.com/index.php?id_product=7&controller=product
@JetBoatPilot

I'm interested in a pair of thrust Vector XL's for my 2121x. I see there is a sale currently running on them ....but Since this has taken a back seat to a go-pro a short 20 mins ago, I thought I'd try this section of the forum and see what may come of it.

Any chance we have a good number of folks here interested in Thrust Vector XL's as a group purchase.
Does color matter when economies of scale come into play?

Test run, opinions, formats, comments welcome.....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is no way I offer a humble opinion on this ....
But I can tell you this: Barbie & I remain EXTREMELY HAPPY Satisfied owners of a Yamaha JetBoat with Will's Thrust Vector XL's installed.
We paid "list price" for ours, and they were installed by Randy Morris, owner SUPREME Of Wedowee Marine, prior to us taking delivery of our 242LS.
If I had to do this all over again - We would have done the SAME THING, regardless of price. In other words, using your OWN set of Thrust Vector XL's beats any "deal" in town.
There ! ........ LOL ! I've said it. Do I sound prejudiced ? :hungry:
Hey ! Y'all have a most SPLENDID weekend coming up ! Mikey Lulejian

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I pulled the trigger on a set yesterday on the TV-XL's !! ...tracking number in hand...... I've packed a cooler and set up a tent down by the mailbox in case anyone is looking for me..

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After watching all the videos and talking to friends I decided I needed a set. And maybe someday when the weather in Ohio turns around I might actually get to install them.

dadofral

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm pulling the original cobra steering fins off my boat and sending them to Will for the credit against a new set of black TV XL'S!!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i just put my order in last night. Want them installed before the season starts

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is the$379 for a pair or for 1?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A pair. Some of the best $$$ you'll spend on your beloved Yammie !
Wishing you well, Mikey Lulejian- Lake Oconee (Paradise) , GA

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also have cobra fins on my boat and have been looking hard at those Thrust Vectors. You all with them already installed, do you see a noticebale difference in both high speeds and low speeds or just mainly at the lower speeds??

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also have cobra fins on my boat and have been looking hard at those Thrust Vectors. You all with them already installed, do you see a noticebale difference in both high speeds and low speeds or just mainly at the lower speeds??
Jim: Excellent question. By no means am I ANY form of an expert on these but here is what I have been both told, and have witnessed: Thrust Vector XL's make it incredibly easier to steer the Yamaha at LOW speeds ........... However, once you put ANY "speed" on the boat whatsoever, they "move up" so as to no longer provide any drag on the boat to affect speeds nor steering.
If I have this incorrect, I'ld appreciate being corrected. Hope this helps you. Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This video is pretty good showing what TV XL's do for you

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very deceptive video, exaggerating the effects by turning the steering wheel 270 degrees and even in doing so, you can actually see how slow the response is - compared to driving it stock. Short bursts of the thrust with slight adjustments to the steering wheel. In reality, one would never "tack" into a docking position. Head straight for that piling on the right, adjust for the current/wind if any, and dock that sucker. Learn to steer while utilizing bursts of power and slight adjustments of the steering wheel, not 270 degree cranks of the steering wheel. Once you have the hang of it, you will realize you don't need these. Just my experience, which is vast over ten years and two Yammies.