• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tie downs for custom transom bag for 2019 AR195

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have any pictures of a good tie-down system for the custom Gantlin transom bag for 2019-2020 19' boats? Most of the pictures here show older model boats with different hardware for securing the ropes to.

On that note, does anyone have any specific ropes or ratchets that you recommend (or suggest to avoid)?

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just use standard ratchet tie downs and hook them to my grab handle bars. They criss cross under the bag and keep it nicely in place. I put sea deck on my engine top so the ratchet part doesn't scratch anything. I used to wrap it in a towel before I added the extra seadek. Sorry I don't have a picture.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a rope from ski hook to tower. Works well since you don’t need lots of pressure.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here’s what has worked for me. I use one tie down that goes through the bag handles and is attached to each of the rear cleats. Then I have two straps attached to the tower for the upper handles. Keeps it in place really well.

I also put a 200 cube in the bow, it fits nicely once filled with water against the fiberglass and doesn’t move. To empty it I just connect the pump to the bag and pump the water out, no mess!

Attachments

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here’s what has worked for me. I use one tie down that goes through the bag handles and is attached to each of the rear cleats. Then I have two straps attached to the tower for the upper handles. Keeps it in place really well.

I also put a 200 cube in the bow, it fits nicely once filled with water against the fiberglass and doesn’t move. To empty it I just connect the pump to the bag and pump the water out, no mess!
I’m not sure what I would suggest different... but, keep an eye on your handles. They aren’t made to tie off to. Usually, you want most of the tie down pressure on the bag itself, and the handles just keep the rope/strap from sliding up or down.

I take 1 strap from cleat to cleat thru the bottom handles. And, from port cleat thru top handles down to center grab handle. ‘Course, different boat so not sure what to suggest.

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bottom strap holds most of the bag weight to keep it from sliding off the back. The top straps are pretty loose to keep the strain off the handles since I’ve read about that here before. They look tighter than they really are because they are adjusted to the max length to reach the tower. I’m using them mostly for left/right anti-tip support.

On the 19’ boats there isn’t any center grab handle or frankly much else to tie down those top straps except at the tower, but I’m open to suggestions if anybody has a method that’s worked!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The bottom strap holds most of the bag weight to keep it from sliding off the back. The top straps are pretty loose to keep the strain off the handles since I’ve read about that here before. They look tighter than they really are because they are adjusted to the max length to reach the tower. I’m using them mostly for left/right anti-tip support.

On the 19’ boats there isn’t any center grab handle or frankly much else to tie down those top straps except at the tower, but I’m open to suggestions if anybody has a method that’s worked!
I just run a rope from each side of the tower down to rear cleats.