• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed Price reduced! 2021 Yamaha 212XD for sale! <WA>

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don’t think this boat is overpriced at all at 80k. It’s in the ballpark of where he should be. As he mentioned he paid for interior and exterior paint protection and also the YES extended warranty. Those extras are probably a few thousand. He may get slightly less than his ask but he’s in the ballpark for someone who is hoping to get one of these boats as they are hard to come by. Good luck with your sale.
Yes. Each of those extras cost a couple thousand plus Dealer fees were higher in WA than some other states I have seen on here. And I’m including all the surf equipment needed like the wakebooster and Fat sac bag

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If 85 k was the real out the door price then the negotiations didn’t go so hot.

Also the YES warranty is a complete waste of money. I bought the yes warranty with my new boat back in 2019. And the 5 year upholstery warranty. I’ve yet to have Yamaha warranty any seat tears and other issues I’ve had honestly. They have taken months to decide what they would do and each time they had technicalities that had them decide against covering it.

With that being said you can buy a 2022 right now brand new out the door for $85 k. With zero hours and a mooring cover and life jackets at most places. The warranty I wouldn’t suggest anyone buy. It’s as bad as a extended warranty on a used car.

So that’s why I say this boat is a little over priced but again all used boats are right now.
There was no negotiating prices this last year and it took 7 months from the time it was ordered to when it was delivered.

Ryancarp3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s good advise. Not sure how you start that relationship when day 1 I was denied warranty work. But it is what it is.

With that being said I’m going a different direction. For the money you can get a completely different level of boat for the money they are now pricing Yamaha boats at.

Ryancarp3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was no negotiating prices this last year and it took 7 months from the time it was ordered to when it was delivered.
I had negotiation talks with 3 different dealers and had 2 of the 3 got more competitive.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes. Each of those extras cost a couple thousand plus Dealer fees were higher in WA than some other states I have seen on here. And I’m including all the surf equipment needed like the wakebooster and Fat sac bag
pleas don’t worry about justifying your asking price. It is your boat you price however you feel it makes sense for you to replace it.
I do believe that it on the high end but that does not matter. It is supply and demand and what it takes you buy a new boat. No matter what comments we make we wish you speedy sale :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the money you can get a completely different level of boat for the money they are now pricing Yamaha boats at.
I can understand that.

Ryancarp3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ryan also keep in mind it’s not courteous to come into someone’s sales thread and say it’s overpriced. I know you wouldn’t want someone doing that to your sale thread. Again I think his price is in line with this market. He’s not asking 100k obo like some people who are hoping to make a crazy profit. Someone will buy this boat more than likely soon for close to his ask.
And that’s you’re opinion. Which is what a forum is for correct? I was simply sharing mine based on the shopping I’ve done the last 6 months. Potentially helping someone else make a more informed decision... that does seem quite courteous to me.

Not sure how I’m wrong for saying you can get a new 2022 with no hours for the same price. But I guess I’ll be quiet so someone can overpay.

MSRP on these were $68,999. And now a few months later it’s going for $80-$85 k?

Come on....

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
$69,000 plus tax, plus the dealer markups last year for prep and delivery which was 2-5k depending on dealer. Plus interior protection and YES warranty. He’s definitely justified for close to his asking price. Are there better surf boats for 20-50k more, most definitely, but this boat is a great all around boat. Yamaha is definitely getting up there in price but they are still getting it as each one made is sold. You mentioned someone could get a brand new one right now for less, from where? People have been waiting 6 months for boats. Again good luck with your sale. Hope you get close to what you paid and your new boat is all you hope for.

Last edited:

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
$69,000 plus tax, plus the dealer markups last year for prep and delivery which was 2-5k depending on carpet. Plus interior protection and YES warranty. He’s definitely justified for close to his asking price. Are there better surf boats for 20-50k more, most definitely, but this boat is a great all around boat. Yamaha is definitely getting up there in price but they are still getting it as each one mace is sold. You mentioned someone could get a brand new one right now for less, from where? People have been waiting 6 months for boats. Again good luck with your sale. Hope you get close to what you paid and your new boat is all you hope for.
Thank you

Ryancarp3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And as mentioned before how are you able to charge sales tax again? Or even prep and delivery for that matter?

That’s a $5-$6 k sway with passing sales tax along.
When you book the value of a used vehicle or recreational toy, NADA doesn’t tack on local sales tax. It’s not built in as value. It’s a simple fee that is required to be paid to own the boat. It doesn’t increase the value.

Prep and delivery here was $1500 and is still $1500 with the 3 dealers I checked with last week. Varies per dealer of course but again if someone is paying 5 k for prep and delivery they need to renegotiate the terms.

So now a $69 k MSRP with the extras mentioned is worth $74-$75 k. Unless we are recharging 5 k for prep and delivery and another 5 k for tt&l?? I wouldn’t double pay for that as I’d have to register into my name and pay tt&l again...

And let’s not forget it’s got 35 hours on it.

And yes there are places receiving 2022’s. Texas marine in Beaumont reached out to me as I was front in line since I was one of the last at that dealer to not receive my 2021.
I can screen shot the messages from the rep if you need?

I even checked with several other dealers as it didn’t make sense to me either and they said they have heard some are being delivered.
$79 k plus tt&l is what they quoted me. That puts me right around $85-$86 k for a 2022 212XD.

Again this is my experience, research, and opinions. That’s what a forum is for isn’t it? Tell me I’m wrong that’s fine. But I can provide a breakdown of everything I was quoted.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
And that’s you’re opinion. Which is what a forum is for correct? I was simply sharing mine based on the shopping I’ve done the last 6 months. Potentially helping someone else make a more informed decision... that does seem quite courteous to me.

Not sure how I’m wrong for saying you can get a new 2022 with no hours for the same price. But I guess I’ll be quiet so someone can overpay.

MSRP on these were $68,999. And now a few months later it’s going for $80-$85 k?

Come on....
Respectfully, you are being somewhat of a jerk. It is common courtesy not to chit on someone's classified thread. Not just this forum, but most internet forums. ;)

You have valid points on pricing and if you want to express them, why not just start your own thread on pricing?

To the OP, good luck with you sale, it's a beautiful boat.

Jim

dtnjet8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
I was quote around $77k otd for a new 2022 Yamaha 212XD in Florida. IMO, if i had to pay $80k for something with 35hrs and used while I could get a newer one for less and with 0hrs, I would wait but in FL you can boat pretty year round. Also, if anyone who could afford an $80k toy, they wouldn't want it used unless it is rare, but that's my opinion. That's being said, if you drop your price to around $60k, I will be all over it. I like a good deal!

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was quote around $77k otd for a new 2022 Yamaha 212XD in Florida. IMO, if i had to pay $80k for something with 35hrs and used while I could get a newer one for less and with 0hrs, I would wait but in FL you can boat pretty year round. Also, if anyone who could afford an $80k toy, they wouldn't want it used unless it is rare, but that's my opinion. That's being said, if you drop your price to around $60k, I will be all over it. I like a good deal!
It’s quite the waiting game for a new boat. Not saying I wouldn’t come down a little, but nowhere close to that.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
There should be a forum rule where you can't attack someone for their asking price, and those posts should be automatically deleted.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
77k - now add YES and add a cover and your over 80. Adding the surf upgrades your back at 85k. Don't be a clown on this guys thread.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There should be a forum rule where you can't attack someone for their asking price, and those posts should be automatically deleted.
the term “attacking” is a bit subjective, so I would not necessarily advocate to make such rule. There is enough people to come to the sellers defense and. It make him or her feel unwelcome.
That being said providing some feedback on the price is not a bad idea. You might have new member who have no idea what the price range is and providing some context will not hurt. A bit on the polite side of things will be nice. But you know sometimes you get posts of people who are “boat” mechanics who ask how to change sparks plugs and post the boat as original owner sale after 2 weeks of buying from someone else…….

dtnjet8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
77k - now add YES and add a cover and your over 80. Adding the surf upgrades your back at 85k. Don't be a clown on this guys thread.
Cover is included! I have no interest in surf upgrades. Do you want to pay for something you don't need? Not to mention 35hrs on it. If i'm going to spend $80k, I want to at least own it from the beginning, not from 35hrs forward. There is a lot that can happen in 35hrs. Catch my drift? Not to mention trying to get it fix under warranty, stating to the dealer you're the second owner! I am not a clown, not fighting, not attacking, just stating facts. I am in the market for this very same boat.

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone know how to delete a thread completely? I haven’t posted the boat for sale anywhere else and honestly I’m quite disappointed with this forum at this point. Just want to delete the for sale ad completely. I know it’s just a couple people that make it miserable for the rest. Like anything else one bad apple….

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Anyone know how to delete a thread completely? I haven’t posted the boat for sale anywhere else and honestly I’m quite disappointed with this forum at this point. Just want to delete the for sale ad completely. I know it’s just a couple people that make it miserable for the rest. Like anything else one bad apple….
I am sorry to hear that. @Julian or @Bruce I think can delete the thread.

Best of luck on your sale. You will get what you want no problem.