• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed Price reduced! 2021 Yamaha 212XD for sale! <WA>

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone know how to delete a thread completely? I haven’t posted the boat for sale anywhere else and honestly I’m quite disappointed with this forum at this point. Just want to delete the for sale ad completely. I know it’s just a couple people that make it miserable for the rest. Like anything else one bad apple….
I am not seeing the issue. Lots of back and forth on a top end price looking for a desperate buyer.

If you want to withdraw your ad just edit the thread and mark it sold.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am not seeing the issue. Lots of back and forth on a top end price looking for a desperate buyer.

If someone asks a mod to delete a thread…. It shouldn’t even be a question. Not sure why you guys push back on it.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Speedyjunk,

Even if you can't delete the thread, maybe you can delete your posts within the thread and edit the tread title?

Best of luck selling the boat.

Jim

Kesh4x4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I actually like the discussion on this thread. People should be able to comment on a thread how they feel so that uninformed buyers can make a informed decision. Its been helpful for me atleast. Bunch of sensitive people these days considering the posts as "attacks".

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Have to agree. This is a jetboaters forum, and discussion regarding value, price, market, etc. regarding jetboats is what to expect, especially Yamaha's. I am not going to belittle or berate someone on what they want to sell something for or what is being sold, everyone has the right to put something for sale at whatever price they wish, but I will share my opinion when asked or if I feel it is warranted.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If someone asks a mod to delete a thread…. It shouldn’t even be a question. Not sure why you guys push back on it.
I am not sure what your definition of push is, Bruce clearly gave him instructions on how the seller can modify his original thread. Same as Jim IN Delaware did.

On a side note please keep in mind that the admins are not our employees who are required to delivery upon our instructions. Aside from having a bit more faith on them, it would not hurt to remember than they have life outside of this forum too.

As a final note here, I would also bring up some of our most contentious threads going on during the racial tensions last summer. Even those threads were not deleted and simply locked. If we ( including the arguing parties) were okay to leave those threads up, I do not see how this thread must be removed. Censorship is tricky business and sapient being should be able to filter contents on their own.

Dymatize

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congrats on the sale! I hope you got what you were asking. /s

Why not just re-list the boat here? Someone may still find it and be interested.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I actually like the discussion on this thread. People should be able to comment on a thread how they feel so that uninformed buyers can make a informed decision. Its been helpful for me atleast. Bunch of sensitive people these days considering the posts as "attacks".
Or, someone could be less lazy and just start their own thread asking the questions they want to ask. ;)

By starting a non-classified thread, they would also likely get more answers to their questions.

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am not sure what your definition of push is, Bruce clearly gave him instructions on how the seller can modify his original thread. Same as Jim IN Delaware did.

On a side note please keep in mind that the admins are not our employees who are required to delivery upon our instructions. Aside from having a bit more faith on them, it would not hurt to remember than they have life outside of this forum too.

As a final note here, I would also bring up some of our most contentious threads going on during the racial tensions last summer. Even those threads were not deleted and simply locked. If we ( including the arguing parties) were okay to leave those threads up, I do not see how this thread must be removed. Censorship is tricky business and sapient being should be able to filter contents on their own.
The mods refuse to delete threads. I had a duplicate thread of FS items and they wouldn't delete it. IMO if the OP wants their content deleted, it should be with no hesitation. I understand they have other things going on, I don't think anyone asked for it to be done ASAP. "sapient being should be able to filter contents on their own." - I agree but apparently the mods do not, since deleting threads is not an option available to us.

Guess you wouldn't mind if you listed your house for sale, and your neighbors put up signs that said "His house is overpriced - not worth it, don't buy it!". I'm sure that makes for a good discussion with the realtor.

It's easy for some trolls to jump on here and try to drive the price down. The mods should not allow this. Healthy pricing discussion should take place in a different area of the forum.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will state it again, this forum is more about helping each other, rather than taking advantage of each other.

I think it's more than fair to go post a boat for sale on the open market, FB Marketplace, C-list etc for crazy prices looking for someone that has more cash than sense to figure out true value. Fine by me. That' what smiley emoji's are for on Facebook. It sets the tone real quick that a seller is on the pipe.

But here, we would rather someone be happy with their purchase and stick around to become a contributing member, than feel like they came here to get gouged and then feel like everyone on here is out to get them. Some buyer may feel just fine with this purchase, and that's just fine.

I personally cannot be good with future fellow members getting taken advantage of. That's why we do check each other on a regular basis. That applies to the advice we give, suggested best practices and the prices we charge for spare parts, accessories and in this case, a used boat.

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The boat is not sold. I have not listed it anywhere else yet. I was just told this would get it deleted since I can not do that myself. I think the classified section should be for sales and the forums should be for discussions. I joined this to be able to read discussions about boats and products, but unfortunately there are people who obviously are on it just to argue and cause issues for people.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The boat is not sold. I have not listed it anywhere else yet. I was just told this would get it deleted since I can not do that myself. I think the classified section should be for sales and the forums should be for discussions. I joined this to be able to read discussions about boats and products, but unfortunately there are people who obviously are on it just to argue and cause issues for people.
Fair enough. Just keeping in mind, if you care to get all your money back and then some, you will have better luck doing that with a first time boat owner than to a a group of current boat owners. Albeit, there are a few here learning, lurking and looking to buy their first boat. The smart ones anyway, learning a lot. That's how I found this group.

But I will play along and ask a fair question that got me with with your original post. Tell me about the interior and exterior paint protection? Was that a spendy option? Must have been. What does it protect? I'm assuming it has a gelcote clause it in? Maybe the 2021 models have more "paint" on them? Just curious.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@adrianp89 it sounds like you have a history that extends beyond this thread and it now makes a bit more sense to me.
That being I happen to have met 4 of the moderators outside of the forum and I can tell you for fact that your sentiment is misplaced.

I will also make one further comment here. I alway feel that this forum is like a group of friends in which you are comfortable to say whatever comes to mind. Sometimes maybe things you would regret saying, but you cannot make your friend I hear what you said.A bit silly but say your tell a friend you really think his/spouse is hot. Can you ask God almighty or the actual person to erase what you said from the friends memory ? I know a bit of a silly example, but no matter how it feels to us or what we expect this is a public forum.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Can't understand why anybody would attack a price for being too high when it's an asset like you own. That's like telling your neighbor their home price is too high. Hell, I hope you sell that beautiful animal for a $100K!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't understand why anybody would attack a price for being too high when it's an asset like you own. That's like telling your neighbor their home price is too high. Hell, I hope you sell that beautiful animal for a $100K!
Honestly, I hope he does too. In actuality, for everyone here that sells a used boat for more than NADA or MSRP, it just helps the value of our own boats. So unless you are in the market for this particular boat, I guess we should be encouraging him to sell it for as much as someone cares to spend.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok I rarely stick my nose in threads that has bickering back and forth but anyway...
A long, long time ago when i was a teenager buying and selling cars and trucks( i never kept one longer than 6 months) I would buy cheap wrench on it, clean it up and sell it for a premium. Of course there were a lot of "tire kickers" that didn't think the price reflected the vehicle.
This was also the case for all my previous boats bought low sold high.
In every case I got my price. No matter what many said. I knew what I had and what was out there for sale.
My father told me before i started when i was young that " there is an ass for every seat"

Now as for this particular boat for sale.
I always follow the boats for sale here and other places to see the market and for the last 6 months have seen 40k boats selling for 50ish k.
Were they very high? Yes but they sold, no gripes no flaming the seller. The reasoning is what else are ya gonna get? New?.... nope
I could have sold my 16 ar240 for 50ish(what i paid otd in 16) Would I have screwed them over if I did?
If the past year didn't happen the most I would have gotten would be 40k.

So this guy puts a 69k msrp at 85k then to 80k
With some extras. Charger, fatsac, etc( things some find unnecessary) sure but not knowing how much it all adds up to but it all has some value.
If you dont need it all then you move on to one that suits your needs.
Someone buying a house goes with a realtor to many houses and will ask "what do you think i should offer for this house?
There realtor will advise them, hopefully
Now someone looking at a 75k+ used boat, car, whatever better be smart enough to know what the value is according to the current market at the time.

I watched this thread specifically because originally I thought 85k was high, but I knew some would stomp all over this guy who admitted he made a mistake. So what do some do? Beat the guy when he is already down.
Can't we all be better that that?

Think if it was you and you lost money on a bad decision, wouldn't you want to get as many $s back?

bacnberger

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I cant believe anyone having anything to do with this forum would encourage people to discredit legitimate classified adds with their personal opinion. I would have to assume that if I regularly went through all the classified adds and offered my negative opinion my posts would quickly be removed because it would obviously be inappropriate but,....thats what is being recommened here by people.

pierowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
I joined this community to reply to this thread. I do think you should not reply to a thread saying you think the price is wrong but its done now. Incidentally I dont actually own a boat but was doing research on the 212SD with Wakeboost setup and this thread caught my attention. So there you go you never know who will see a classified ad on a forum.

I did want to post this blog as the reason for selling was said to be because not wanting external Ballast. From what I have read this is expected no matter what boat you have, so maybe you dont need to sell after all, just a thought.

How to Wake Surf: Ballast 101 | The Ski Monster

Thanks,
Chris

Speedyjunk

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I joined this community to reply to this thread. I do think you should not reply to a thread saying you think the price is wrong but its done now. Incidentally I dont actually own a boat but was doing research on the 212SD with Wakeboost setup and this thread caught my attention. So there you go you never know who will see a classified ad on a forum.

I did want to post this blog as the reason for selling was said to be because not wanting external Ballast. From what I have read this is expected no matter what boat you have, so maybe you dont need to sell after all, just a thought.

How to Wake Surf: Ballast 101 | The Ski Monster

Thanks,
Chris
I did decide not to sell, but this ad continues to hang around even though I did what I was told to try to remove it. My wife and I can surf good enough behind this boat and we love it for every other purpose. We tried the 725# sac in the center on the rear instead of one side. Here is a picture with it set up that way. I would say set up in the center, the engines get up to speed better, the wave just has a little less push. But, the benefits are it is very easy to switch from one side to the other for people’s surf styles. Only fill the hard ballast on the proper surf side and move the wave booster to the other side. So in just a couple minutes we can surf either side. And we have gotten the center bag set up time to about 12 minutes now.

Attachments

pierowman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Oh thats interesting, I hadnt thought about that, putting the bag in the center and using the boat ballast for one side or the other. Have you tried with the bag all the way on the back platform?

Yamaha WakeBooster - YouTube

That wake looks pretty decent in your pic, thanks for sharing.

Last edited: