• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tige

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
couple of other questions for you Tige owners....Surf X system, how much of a difference does it make on the Z3? I'm looking at a couple and one has them, the other does not. Also, if I go with the one that doesn't have it, do you have an idea what it would cost to add one later?

Thanks guys!!!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Surf x makes a differnce for sure, the same front bags as pro ballast, but significantly larger rear bags. If you bought a boat without it, I would add the Wake 9 bags for the back, but they are $$$.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crap, sorry I meant the surf vx, the part that extends under the swim platform.

Both that I am looking at have the pro ballast, so maxed out factory wise anyways

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
VX is great for wave shaping specifically for surfing. It likes more ballast weight though. AVX is an extra notch of cool, it's an adjustable VX. Only comes with surf x bags. Pro is not the same as surf X. Surf X was not available before 2015.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exactly the info I was looking for, thanks!!!

I'd love to be able to get a 15 w/the avx & surf x, but that puts it a lil out of the price range right now :/.

I've been looking at the 13 & 14's as they get it closer to where I need to be $$ wise

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Cool! Not cheap to add VX afterwards. Some boats had the wrong brackets on the VX from the factory. A good dealer will know the difference.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been talking to them since they ditched the wrap...looks SO much better w/o it!!

Reactions: 007