• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tige

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So with so many people making the switch to purpose built wake/surf boats I've sort of been looking at them thinking about making the switch myself.

My problem is that there aren't any dealers that are very close to me, I've been able to look through the Mastercraft and Nautiques and am familiar with the differences there, I've been looking more at the Tige's and I like their design a little bit better.

With that being said, what is the difference between the Z and RZ series? I've searched all over on the interwebs and can't seem to find any more than the Z is the surf boat and the RZ is the wake boat. The difference in the bow is easy to see, but I'd like to understand the real difference between the two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@trace or @007 should be able to give you some good answers,

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The RZ's have not been updated in a few years, the Z3 was a brand new hull in 2012, the Z1 was updated to a new hull design in 2013, on the RZ the nose is lower in the front so it is easier to take a roller over the bow. I believe the free board at the transom is higher on the Z versus the RZ and I believe the RZ requires a little more list as well for a similar surf wake with the rub rail closer to the water.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The Tige Z series really is aimed at surfing. You can wakeboard, wake skate and ski, but there are other boats that are probably better for those activities if you are not set on surfing as a primary sport. There are a lot of opinions on the attributed of the different hulls, different manufactures and different "surf systems". I agree with what trace said with the caveat that a lot of guys have claimed to do great things with the RZ2's and surf wakes. Not so much with the RZ4's. That said, at least one recent convert from an RZ2 to a Z3 just gushes on the Z3:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?22342-RZ4-vs-Z3-surf-waves-(best-case-loaded)-Req

for me there was only 1 choice and that was the Z series. Trace and I bought different lengths based on our different needs for storage and such. Good things in store for the 2015's. It will be interesting to see!

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PS - If you ever make it down to LOTO, we'd be happy to give you a ride sometime to let you look at the boat. I came out of an AR230 also.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great info, thanks guys!!! I'm looking at a z1 demo from a dealer in Osage beach & the rz at surdyke...if I can figure out a time to get down there I may have to take you up on that offer @007!!!

Last edited:

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Z1 is very clean, we've surfed it. You might pm @trace about that boat. We'll be down there with fam./friends on and off though Nov. at least depending on other commitments and work, pm me if you think you'll make the trip sometime.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Love my Tige Z3!

Before deciding on a hull, I did a lot of researching and can echo what was said above. I was looking for a boat that would put out the absolute best surf wave possible.

And the Z3 seems to be that boat. Not just in the Tige line, but arguably the best wave on the market.

Plus, Tige's just look cool, and love that they come with Wetsounds from the factory.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
me and my wife are going to be upgrading in a few years if my future job pans out etc. and ive been eying the z1 but after looking at the size of an axis a24 in person it makes me lean more towards a z3 for sure, its easier to have too much room than not enough and a z3 with vx will be an even bigger wave to boot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Exciting Tige Update Coming Soon...Counting down the hours...:wideyed:

36....35.5...:p

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
...24 hours...

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
image.jpg
This is just one cool Tige update today, right @trace ?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like you can keep the speedo with that one! Man....keeping up with you guys and your new boats is getting hard!!!

CONGRATS!

I'm going to have to come up with a reason to visit clients in SL often!

Reactions: 007

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice 007!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats @007. That's one sweet ride.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks sweet !!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet looking boat @007

We are need to start a 'Former Jetboat owner' section to keep you guys in the family!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@007 Beautiful boat! Congratulations!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow. That attracts some attention. Are you going to try to break it in this season?