• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

tow rig tires

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These are what I have on the Navi and absolutely LOVE them, from Discount Tire. I use my Navi for everything under the sun though, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, boating, camping and towing all trailers. Never a problem and they are fantastic in the snow and at the boat ramp! They do have minimal road noise, but only I notice it. All depends on what kind of driving you're putting that vehicle through.

My buddy has a set of $1,200 Good Year's on his Escalade and this winter he rode with me on a snowmobile trip and complimented my tires as there were a few spots he'd have blown through with his tires and these Pathfinders stuck like glue on the snow packed road! These are $150/each at Discount Tire.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have no experience with the Nittos that you mentioned but I have my second set of BFG KO on my truck and love them.
First set wasn't replaced till about 55k miles. Smooth ride, minimal road noise and great traction at the ramp and at the hunting camp.
Negative is that the is no road hazard with these tires. But that is also dealer specific and may be offered at one of your local installers.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve put Nitto Terra Grapplers on three vehicles so far, and they’re about to go on my wife’s 2016 Explorer too.
I’m not sure about the Dura Grapplers, but I’m pretty impressed with Nitto, and I’ve had BFG’s and The other big brands before too.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone use traction bars on their boat trailers to even out the load? The reason I ask is, I've noticed my tires are wearing on the outside (no, it's not an alignment issue) and believe that it's from the tongue weight sagging the truck just a bit and lifting the front so I'm just barely riding more on the outer edge of the tires than the whole tire. I do rotate every 5000, but like I said, I tow the boat every weekend for about 4 months. The truck is a '17 Tundra CM so it's heavy as well.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don’t tend to go cheap with tires, they really are the most important piece of safety equipment in our lives. For this reason, Michelin LTX AT2 has been my go to. They have amazing grip dry/wet/snow, they ride very well, and they tend to start dry rotting and cracking before the tread wears out. Expensive as hell, but worth every penny in my opinion. My biggest problem nowadays is Ford puts tires on their F150’s that last too damn long. My 2014 came with BFG Rugged Trail I think. I drive 55,000 miles per year, and those lasted 105,000 miles before wearing out. The current 2018 came with Goodyear (which I fully expected to last 20,000 miles) but I’m at 58,000 and so far they don’t even look 1/2 worn. These are both LT tires from the towing package, 245/70/17.