• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow Vehicle Dilemma...

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess I need to start doing research on extended warranties soon. My 3/36 is up in November.

It's weird that had such failures. I don't recall anything like that on the Rams, and they e-torque has been out 3-4 years before the Wagoneer. Wonder if it was bad supply chain issues?
Maybe supply chain, maybe the way it's implemented? I wouldn't discount the fact that Wagoneers are like 80 grand, and people spemding 80 grand on something that was supposed to come with all this special treatment and the whole Wagoneer "brand" was supposed to be a higher end experience and all that. It's possible that the wagoneer customers are a bit more picky and vocal due to all that than people spending 40k on a ram.

All the same, I think the i6 will be a good thing for Wagoneer.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
CPO for Ram and Ford are worth it if they're the factory warranties. And they are better as far as powertrain coverage goes.
Really wish I could on board with RAM products. The exterior looks sharp, and they appear to be a decent value.

Feels alot like a moped though......lot of fun to ride until your friends see you do it :D :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Really wish I could on board with RAM products. The exterior looks sharp, and they appear to be a decent value.

Feels alot like a moped though......lot of fun to ride until your friends see you do it :D :D
Either need some new friends or therapy lol.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So here is a question on towing. I took a ride in my neighbor's new 85K Ford pickup electric vehicle. Really cool but no way I pay 85k for a truck. my 2019 Rami Hemi 4wd Big Horn purchased new for 35.4 out the door serves me fine. I was wondering however, what happens when he submerges the rear tires/wheel almost to the top when he has to drop his boat in at the ramp? WIll the salt water affect any of the components that get submerged? He had no idea and I was just curious.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So here is a question on towing. I took a ride in my neighbor's new 85K Ford pickup electric vehicle. Really cool but no way I pay 85k for a truck. my 2019 Rami Hemi 4wd Big Horn purchased new for 35.4 out the door serves me fine. I was wondering however, what happens when he submerges the rear tires/wheel almost to the top when he has to drop his boat in at the ramp? WIll the salt water affect any of the components that get submerged? He had no idea and I was just curious.
The battery packs are usually sealed extremely tight. I am sure Ford thought of this. Though if you have to completely dunk your rear wheels to launch a boat - you probably need to revisit a few things.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
He says the water gets down real low.....I'd avoid like the plague!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EV's are closer to submarines than regular vehicles are.......

<--Not a Lightning, but you'll get the idea.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The battery packs are usually sealed extremely tight. I am sure Ford thought of this. Though if you have to completely dunk your rear wheels to launch a boat - you probably need to revisit a few things.
Yea, things like rear diff fluid and U-Joint lubrication become suspect if frequently submerged. Standard 4wd stuff IMO. You can prep ahead of time with additional grease, and moving vent hoses to higher altitudes on the chassis and things like that. Doubt anyone does that though.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
EV's are closer to submarines than regular vehicles are.......

<--Not a Lightning, but you'll get the idea.
Wow. Impressive but stupid lol

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You gotta watch some Credit Card Captains my friend.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. Impressive but stupid lol
Agreed.

I've launched that far in distance, but never that far in depth. Was easily 100yrds out at Lake Douglas many years ago with my Yukon, but the gravel ramp I was using didn't even have the water up to the running boards yet.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Could be worse, you could be seen in an electric jellybean. :p

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could be worse, you could be seen in an electric jellybean. :p
Naw, they quit making the GTO years ago (and the cavalier everyone thinks it was based on).

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Naw, they quit making the GTO years ago (and the cavalier everyone thinks it was based on).
You best not be speaking ill of thr GTO. That was the coolest Grand Prox that Australia could offer. Also a great car and I really liked them, lol.