• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow Vehicle Down Again

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fishing this weekend. Boat show is next weekend! Want to check out some boats as well as the new SeaDoo Switch Pontoon which is supposed to be there.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Fishing this weekend. Boat show is next weekend! Want to check out some boats as well as the new SeaDoo Switch Pontoon which is supposed to be there.
Keep us updated on the switch.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanted to update this. My truck started having the issues again Friday Night, they persisted on Saturday, Sunday and this morning. I took it back to the dealer, they did give me an New Explorer as a loaner to drive. They just called me and said that they think they know what it is. There is corrosion and the wires are shorting out where there is a radio head unit in the center console which the back seat passengers use. This was also causing issues with the APIM and such which they replaced. Will take a few days for them to get the parts and then they will fix it again. They apologized profusely for taking so long and the issues in resolving it. Hopefully this finishes it up this time. They indicated this could of been starting even before I owned the vehicle. They indicated there would be no additional charge.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Great there is no charge but I wouldn't be sold on this being the fix. Even then how did the wires corrode? Is there a leak somewhere?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right under the two cupholders there that the kids use and that I am sure anyone who has ever sit back there use.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TimW451 Not sure what it is there really, I have never looked really at it. Wasn't any in my Yamaha and that cost me more than the truck :( But I am going to mod something there to make sure if something ever does spill it won't go there. Would rather it just dump down on to the carpet in the back seat where I could clean it up.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Right under the two cupholders there that the kids use and that I am sure anyone who has ever sit back there use.
This shouldn’t cause an issue. If anything spilled, very little if any would work it’s way from the top, and from the bottom those modules are mounted off the floorboard by 1/2”-1” usually.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Cold beverages, causing condensation on teh underside of the cup holder is a possibility.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most would forget the Ford vs trying again with a more expensive one.
Ah the Ford Hater always comes out for a spin.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Forget the Ford Expedition. Get a Ford F-250 diesel.
Can't get a pickup. Would prefer it personally. I have to be able to handle 6-8 people in tow vehicle when we go out to some lakes. Can't take two vehicles.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ah the Ford Hater always comes out for a spin.
I didn’t hate on them at all. I own a Ford and I’m generally a fan of the brand.

I’ve never had a major electrical gremlin in a vehicle but if I had one my first thought certainly wouldn’t be that I need a more expensive model from the same brand (which likely includes a lot of the same electrical modules and parts).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn’t hate on them at all. I own a Ford and I’m generally a fan of the brand.

I’ve never had a major electrical gremlin in a vehicle but if I had one my first thought certainly wouldn’t be that I need a more expensive model from the same brand (which likely includes a lot of the same electrical modules and parts).
Depends on the issue. Random gremlins, yea I'm out. Known issues that can be resolved, meh might stick around and see.

Had mouse induced electrical problems.ony Sierra. Traded it away for the Q7 that has far more electrical modules and doodads to fail.

With all that said, I've long had Vehicular ADD. I like changing and experiencing new vehicles. It's an expensive disorder with some vehicles sticking around as little as 12mo.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hopefully the final update to this thread. Picked up the SUV today and everything is running good. They showed me the corrosion on the head unit and wiring and it was pretty bad. I have a new head unit and new wiring in the console. Everything seems to be good. Ran it around for some time as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well still going strong and I have updated the Sync and all Navigation. Feeling like it is resolved.