• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towable Tube

42superman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trying to get everyone's opinions on the following tubes. I do plan to tow off the lower hooks with a double hook harness and a booster ball. Thanks in advance.

Wow Macho Tube
Wow Big Thriller Tube
Airhead Big Shot
Airhead Big Bertha

Tube style and size depends on who's in/on the tube. Small children, big kids, adults and other factors come into play when choosing a tube. Are you planning on pulling straight behind the boat or slingshoting them around? I have a 2 person that you sit down low in, loveseat style that you sit up higher in and the typical round tube. Most everyone prefers the 2 person that you sit low in because of the center of gravity and it's more stable. In the decision you just need to figure out what's going to work best for your passengers.

Tube style and size depends on who's in/on the tube. Small children, big kids, adults and other factors come into play when choosing a tube. Are you planning on pulling straight behind the boat or slingshoting them around? I have a 2 person that you sit down low in, loveseat style that you sit up higher in and the typical round tube. Most everyone prefers the 2 person that you sit low in because of the center of gravity and it's more stable. In the decision you just need to figure out what's going to work best for your passengers.
100% agree.

Back before kids, we had a large 2-person that was "flat" where you laid on your belly and had to hold on for dear life while being slung around. Great fun for adults on the weekend. Now that we have small boys, we have a "loveseat" style that keeps them pretty well protected on all sides, and they can sit like a regular chair. It works well, and they enjoy it.

Driving style changed significantly as well between the two.

In terms of quality, but WoW and Airhead are reputable brands with acceptable quality.

I went with an Airhead Big Shot and a booster ball. Hopefully it works out good.

All my kids are adults, but I went with the 2-person Mable and the booster ball. I also bought the bungee extension. I haven’t towed anyone in years, so I plan on being conservative.

All my kids are adults, but I went with the 2-person Mable and the booster ball. I also bought the bungee extension. I haven’t towed anyone in years, so I plan on being conservative.
I bought a Big Mable and have tried it three times this year. It always wants to go under, even with the booster ball. How has your Mable worked out?

I bought a Big Mable and have tried it three times this year. It always wants to go under, even with the booster ball. How has your Mable worked out?
It never got wet this year…where are you towing it from?

the bulkhead hook. the only thing I haven't tried is a rope longer than the 50 footer that came with the ball.

the bulkhead hook. the only thing I haven't tried is a rope longer than the 50 footer that came with the ball.
Try the 5 foot bungee attachment, it was recommended to me for that reason. Haven't tried yet obviously.

Put more air in it. You should have 1-2psi in a tube. The more air the better.

Super Mable with booster ball and 4 bungee extensions.?

Thanks for the input. I am stoked to try some bungee extensions this weekend.

What are the bungee extensions for? To keep the spray from the jets/boat off the tube riders?

I think they are meant to add some energy and thrills when you whip the tube. I am going to put a few of them in series to extend the distance ~15 feet, out of the jetwash

Interesting, please let me know how that works out for you/your riders. I’d consider giving it a try but also think it could lead to a greater chance of injury for the riders. A few years ago a friend got whip lash while I pulled her around on a flat / superman position type tube. I gave her my insurance information in case she wanted to make a claim but she never did. She never tubed again either. Glad she is a good friend and not a litigious one.

First thing is always inflate the tube hard because soft tubes drag in the water and use a 75 foot rope and I also have a bungee to reduce back lash to the riders but most importantly you need real steering so you can terrorize the people in the tubes,

Back