• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tower Knob 24 222SE

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Long story short, our starboard tower knob came apart in the prep lane prior to our first launch of our new24 222SE the 2nd week of April. Dealer hasn't been able get one, and he says there is no part number for it. I don't believe there isn't part number.

Does anyone have a service manual or can point me in the right direction to find a part number? TIATower Knob.jpg

Similar problem on a 2024 252 XE. Factory installed tower bolt on the port side upside down (compared to the starboard side anyway, who knows which way is correct). So, when my wife was loosening the tower so we could get under a low bridge, the knob came loose from the bolt and it fell in the lake. So i have 2 requests: part number or ideas for knob replacement and correct orientation of the bolts (washers and spacers down or up?) Thanks!

Sorry, BTW, i haven't been able to get a part # for the knob or whole bolt assembly either.

Can you take that piece to a hardware store and find a similar thread of a bolt in stainless?

Long story short, our starboard tower knob came apart in the prep lane prior to our first launch of our new24 222SE the 2nd week of April. Dealer hasn't been able get one, and he says there is no part number for it. I don't believe there isn't part number.

Does anyone have a service manual or can point me in the right direction to find a part number? TIAView attachment 220241
I'm sure you fixed this by now but my solution was to buy stainless steel knobs with the correct thread size on McMaster-Carr and fix them to the existing bolts with Red Loc-Tite and a 1/16 diameter rolled pin...never coming loose again.

I'm sure you fixed this by now but my solution was to buy stainless steel knobs with the correct thread size on McMaster-Carr and fix them to the existing bolts with Red Loc-Tite and a 1/16 diameter rolled pin...never coming loose again.
Can you poat a link/s and or parts list. I would like a better option.

Knobs: McMaster-Carr
Part# 8558K7

Pins: McMaster-Carr
Part# 92373A110
I can mail you a set of pins if you're going to use them as i bought a whole bag, you've got to drill the 1/16th hole in the neck of the knob and through the bolt which is somewhat of a pain as the bolt is somewhat harder than the knob.

red loctite from the hardware store

Last edited:
Knobs: McMaster-Carr
Part# 8558K7

Pins: McMaster-Carr
Part# 92373A110
I can mail you a set of pins if you're going to use them as i bought a whole bag, you've got to drill the 1/16th hole in the neck of the knob and through the bolt which is somewhat of a pain as the bolt is somewhat harder than the knob.

red loctite from the hardware store
I bought a knob from them for my Big Air Mirror. I had to cut about an inch off it to fit McMaster-Carr is only about an hour and half from me. I will PM you my address, I definitely don't need 100 pins.
Do you have a photo?

Assembled replacement knob (pin not placed yet). Black nylon washer and metal clip from original assembly. White nylon washer added between metal knob and metal tower frame.

Attachments

• Knob.jpg
    Knob.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 7
Assembled replacement knob (pin not placed yet). Black nylon washer and metal clip from original assembly. White nylon washer added between metal knob and metal tower frame.
You're using the stock stud with the original knob removed?

You're using the stock stud with the original knob removed?
yes. stock stud but you could obviously make your own; its 3/8 inch course threaded rod. i do think it is hardened to some degree as it was difficult to drill for the pin

Back