• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tower speaker covers

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Wetsuitz covers for my rev10's. They are worth it, fit is perfect, carry handles are super nice.

WildThing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi,
I am about to order the Wetsounds tower speaker covers. The 2019 242X has the Rev8 speakers correct? Also has anyone covered the soundbar? I did not see any covers for it..

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welp I can confirm that the Rockville covers do not fit the Icon 8 speakers on the 2019 242x. It's the same issue that was originally mentioned. Now I wonder why they fit another boat that had the same speakers...
@CDENsomnia did you find a pair of covers that work?? I thought I might give these a try since those Rockville’s don’t work.

Two Sun Sand & Water Resistant Marine Boat Speaker Covers for 8 Inch Round Marine Power Boat ATV Wakeboard Tower Speakers - Bags fit Boss Audio, MCM Custom Audio, Rockville Marine Speakers Amazon.com: Two Sun Sand & Water Resistant Marine Boat Speaker Covers for 8 Inch Round Marine Power Boat ATV Wakeboard Tower Speakers – Bags fit Boss Audio, MCM Custom Audio, Rockville Marine Speakers: Electronics

Other option is to see if the wife would be willing to sew some covers if I order some neoprene fabric. I’m going to ask her tonight.

Juri

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To reiterate a question posted here that I didn't see a formal answer to. The 2019 242X tower speaker cans, are they the Icon 8 speakers or the Rev 8 speakers (or something else entirely). I am looking for covers as well and would like to know what model I am buying for. Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else. Also, I am looking to get some board rack covers as well - has anyone found ones they like - or ones to avoid?

Thanks for the info.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
@CDENsomnia did you find a pair of covers that work?? I thought I might give these a try since those Rockville’s don’t work.

Two Sun Sand & Water Resistant Marine Boat Speaker Covers for 8 Inch Round Marine Power Boat ATV Wakeboard Tower Speakers - Bags fit Boss Audio, MCM Custom Audio, Rockville Marine Speakers Amazon.com: Two Sun Sand & Water Resistant Marine Boat Speaker Covers for 8 Inch Round Marine Power Boat ATV Wakeboard Tower Speakers – Bags fit Boss Audio, MCM Custom Audio, Rockville Marine Speakers: Electronics

Other option is to see if the wife would be willing to sew some covers if I order some neoprene fabric. I’m going to ask her tonight.
Don't get these. They're way too big. Terrible fit. I traveled 91 highway miles with them and they were destroyed. Junk.

WestMIJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well I have the Wet Sound Rev 8s and the Rockville covers and they work fine. Mine are older though and I think different clamps on my 2011 tower. That might make a difference.

My only feedback on the Rockville covers is the lack of UV stability. They started fading very quickly which was disappointing. Other than that I’m happy with the covers.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 2019 242X has Icon 8's on the tower.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I never found any covers. Now that I have a covered storage at the lake for the boat I don't really need them since I am going maybe a mile to the ramp. Now when I tow home for maintenance and mods I will wish I had them but for me the wetsounds covers are just too expensive. My mother in law is a pretty darn good seamstress so I may ask for her to make some covers for christmas. ;)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I never found any covers. Now that I have a covered storage at the lake for the boat I don't really need them since I am going maybe a mile to the ramp. Now when I tow home for maintenance and mods I will wish I had them but for me the wetsounds covers are just too expensive. My mother in law is a pretty darn good seamstress so I may ask for her to make some covers for christmas. ;)
My wife took @RampRage ’s Wetsounds covers and made a template out of felt. Hopefully before winter storage she’s going to tackle that as well.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I finally gave in and ordered the WetSuitz covers. Put on just in time to put it away for winter.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang, so I just got a set of these, love the look and fit. It’s supposed to hold up the UV rays and won’t fade, we’ll see about that. The best part about them is that they’re made of a material like Dry-fit and it doesn’t muffle the music, so I can just leave them on when I’m out on the water. Got them on my WetSounds REV8’s but they make’um custom for all kinds of tower speakers. Check them out.🤙🏽
4AF80897-3DC3-4651-BA6C-C85ACDB4D7A0.jpegC7C65AD8-79FE-401B-95AB-D86482FDA209.jpegD8060C6E-C6B4-43D6-848E-7149A7947A22.jpegD12ECCBB-C605-4BC0-8A3E-B624B26D7031.png1C250BA6-7D18-4B81-AABD-3C15D970FFF9.jpeg

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang, so I just got a set of these, love the look and fit. It’s supposed to hold up the UV rays and won’t fade, we’ll see about that. The best part about them is that they’re made of a material like Dry-fit and it doesn’t muffle the music, so I can just leave them on when I’m out on the water. Got them on my WetSounds REV8’s but they make’um custom for all kinds of tower speakers. Check them out.🤙🏽
View attachment 108916View attachment 108917View attachment 108918View attachment 108919View attachment 108920
Did you select the "extreme" option for these?

GeauxDeep

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So, the Speaker Sox site says they are oem for a number of mfg’s including WetSounds. Are you thinking these are the same covers that I just bought (WetSuitz) for half the price?

I’m pretty interested if someone gets/finds a cover for the WetSounds sound bar. I didn’t see it listed on the speakersox site. But, I’m also not sure I know the model number of the speaker, either.