• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Towing with Tesla Model X

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yea.....ChevyDude lives across the street from me. I'm well aware of his shenanigans. :)
I remember that now.....hope he does well on his own lot.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember that now.....hope he does well on his own lot.
He seems to be doing OK. I drive by there a few times a month (It's across the street from the only liquor store in town :D), and his inventory seems to be changing over rather frequently. I know he sold his C8 with all the graphics and loud exhaust, which was much less of a problem once he got the store and wasn't cold starting it at 8am on Saturdays. Wondering if that helped fund the venture at some level. I know his goal is to own a GM Dealership, so maybe he can make that happen.

Overall he's a nice enough guy. He's a decent neighbor. We had high winds last month, and everyone on the street sustained some level of damage. He helped a few of us open the damaged garage door of the people that live right next to him. We wave, but don't really hang out much. I wish him the best of luck, especially now that he's driving that quieter Silverado :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The RAM Rev is looking promising. It's standard battery back is significantly larger than the largest F150. (168 vs. 131). Upgrading to the 229 pack would be the way to go for towing. Even if using 1000w/mi you are still getting over 200 miles, this would put on par with the standard tank ICE Ram in regards to towing distance.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The RAM Rev is looking promising. It's standard battery back is significantly larger than the largest F150. (168 vs. 131). Upgrading to the 229 pack would be the way to go for towing. Even if using 1000w/mi you are still getting over 200 miles, this would put on par with the standard tank ICE Ram in regards to towing distance.
I agree. It's a good step in the right direction. Charge times on a giant battery aren't great, but aren't really dealbreakers either.

Silverado EV is supposed to have a 200kWh unit. That's right around the size I need to make 1kWh/mi work with a tow to my local lakes and a return home without charging. I just didn't foresee me being in a position where I wanted to spend $110k on the privilege of being an early adopter inside the window of availability. Would rather have my $100 back :D

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I agree. It's a good step in the right direction. Charge times on a giant battery aren't great, but aren't really dealbreakers either.

Silverado EV is supposed to have a 200kWh unit. That's right around the size I need to make 1kWh/mi work with a tow to my local lakes and a return home without charging. I just didn't foresee me being in a position where I wanted to spend $110k on the privilege of being an early adopter inside the window of availability. Would rather have my $100 back :D
Agreed... At 100k there are other things I want lol

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
After buying a Tesla, I quickly realized that the published range is calculated at optimum driving speed, weight, acceleration, etc. Yes, this is true for ICE vehicles but less noticeable when you have 15 to 30 gallons of that stinky stuff sloshing around. Plan on the true range being 80% of the manufacturers rating.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
After buying a Tesla, I quickly realized that the published range is calculated at optimum driving speed, weight, acceleration, etc. Yes, this is true for ICE vehicles but less noticeable when you have 15 to 30 gallons of that stinky stuff sloshing around. Plan on the true range being 80% of the manufacturers rating.
Ditto. I based my above calculations on what I would expect real world. That 229 pack is pushing 3x what is in a Tesla M3.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ditto. I based my above calculations on what I would expect real world. That 229 pack is pushing 3x what is in a Tesla M3.
Published range is per EPA test cycle, just like every other vehicle in America.