• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traction mat for my jet ski

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Getting frustrated trying to find something decent for my yamaha jet ski. Hydroturf powders in a few years. Blacktip must use the cheapest eva foam in existence. Considering getting some marine mat, seadek or gatorstep sheet and cutting my own.

Looked at their products. They make a great system for stand up skis and really nice seat covers. I question the "mats" they make for sit down skis. I cant imagine what kind of adhesive is required to attach a mat that has a border sewn in. Thick and uneven.

@JetBoatPilot used to custom cut its SeaDek for boats it did not have templates. Now, I understand they have switched (due to supply chain issues) to a new material, and (now that I have my boat outfitted), I have no idea if they are still doing those custom cuts, but maybe Will can chime in...

@JetBoatPilot used to custom cut its SeaDek for boats it did not have templates. Now, I understand they have switched (due to supply chain issues) to a new material, and (now that I have my boat outfitted), I have no idea if they are still doing those custom cuts, but maybe Will can chime in...
We still sell some SeaDek to help previous customers to match colors. We also sell Marine Mat as our primary offering. We don't have any patterns for stand up skis though.

We still sell some SeaDek to help previous customers to match colors. We also sell Marine Mat as our primary offering. We don't have any patterns for stand up skis though.

It's an fx140.

Darn, I was hoping we could template the boat here in the shop. PWC templates can be tricky.

Darn, I was hoping we could template the boat here in the shop. PWC templates can be tricky.

I was just thinking of purchasing a sheet and doing the cutting myself. The question would be, how to get the precut parallel lines to look right

That's the hard part on a 3D object. PWC's are very different than flat boat floors. I'd almost recommend that you don't go with a straight line design but something more non traditional.

Back