• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Traeger Grilling

Cleveland Steamer

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The kids surprised me with a Traeger grill for Christmas.

I’ve been using a gas and charcoal grill for years. Charcoal for ribs and gas for everything else. I really didn’t know what to expect from this thing but I’ve totally fell in love with. It’s opened my eyes to smoking meat and and really helped me to up my meat game.

I’ve cooked:

Pork Butt
Filet Mignon
Shish kabobs
Pork Chops
Whole Chicken

Everything has turned out absolutely fabulous!

74C2A37A-6A4D-4BED-93C7-0FB694970902.jpeg
5FBC21A7-B0FC-4C03-BCA6-B9A197E86B06.jpeg

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Killer gift from the kids! How awesome. I've had my Masterbuilt charcoal smoker for 2 summers now and love it. Expanding and improving on the repertoire of different things smoked is a fun journey. Brisket, baby backs, pork shoulder, spatchcock chicken, salmon, queso...

And don't forget to try reverse searing your next steak. Tricky to master but when you nail it, you know.

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Killer gift from the kids! How awesome. I've had my Masterbuilt charcoal smoker for 2 summers now and love it. Expanding and improving on the repertoire of different things smoked is a fun journey. Brisket, baby backs, pork shoulder, spatchcock chicken, salmon, queso...

And don't forget to try reverse searing your next steak. Tricky to master but when you nail it, you know.
Pizza in the smoker is fantastic as well. And you're right...reverse searing a steak is a great technique.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If they got you a Traeger with WiFire, load the app. Heck, even if you don't, load the app. Lots or recipes and time/temp suggestions for popular dishes. We have had our Traeger Pro780 for almost 4 years now and use it multiple times/week.

The next thing is hitting up the YouTube channels for suggestions. Meat Church channel with Matt Pittman is a go-to for sure.

Walking through the meat counter section at the warehouse clubs is a whole new experience. And you know you are killing it when you go out to eat and are not impressed by anything on the menu, knowing you can do it better at home for much less.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Woodsy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whole chicken is a family favourite for us. Thawed chicken takes about 1.5 hours at 450 degrees F. Hickory wood is my preference, oil the skin and season with traeger coffee rub.

Smoked chocolate chip cookies is another fun one. Lower the cooking temperature and cook/smoke a little longer. I prefer a stronger flavoured wood for this.