• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Tongue weight

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok here are pics of my axles. Looks like two U bolts per side and the whole thing will slide.

20220329_171657.jpg20220329_171654.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are moving axles for adjustments to tongue weight you wont need to move as far as you would a bow stop, so do small amounts. Also make marks and make sure you are moving equally on both sides. Otherwise you could eat up tires fast

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what I saw. Isn't your trailer the same? I didn't crawl around too much since it is freezing cold outside, just snapped some quick pictures.

Also the U bolts are not really holding weight up are they?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is what I saw. Isn't your trailer the same? I didn't crawl around too much since it is freezing cold outside, just snapped some quick pictures.

Believe it or not that all it needs and lots of boat trailers are like that.
A solid axle truck with leaf springs is held on with very similar u-bolts. And trucks have torque stress on them

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

They are holding up the leaf springs to the frame it seems. I’ll take another look at mine, but I believe mine are welded to the frame. I checked last season, but I’ll check again. In my Shorelandr trailer manual it says not trailer models allow for adjustment. Double check tomorrow, will post pictures.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The frame is sitting down on the leafs top bar.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The frame is sitting down on the leafs top bar.
I guess it's not holding weight, they just keep it in position. I've worked on a lot of trucks. I never recall seeing that as @Neutron stated.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors Yup same setup as mine - it slides easily once the weight of the boat is off. Or if you have enough stands to safely jack and hold it, you could slide it with the boat on. Note that the axles hang lower than the frame which may block sliding unless you can lift up and over. Also the brake lines need to be checked before you move it for clearance.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess it's not holding weight, they just keep it in position. I've worked on a lot of trucks. I never recall seeing that as @Neutron stated.
You have worked on a lot of trucks but never seen this
e78a3411-c89a-11e6-815e-11c196ac9a02r.jpg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yes. Leafs to axle, but never on the frame.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. Leafs to axle, but never on the frame.
Correct but my point is that a ubolt can hold sufficient stress on an axle that has torque on it. It will most definitely hold an assembly that has the weight on the boat and frame on it. Even under braking it wont be as much stress

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just to clarify, not all Shorelandr trailer axles can be adjusted. I went and looked at my trailer today, and the leaf spring anchor plates are indeed welded to the frame. I have a 2021 212SE and my trailer has a Line-X type coating. It may be powder coated underneath that, I don’t know. I got distracted by the property manager and forgot to take a picture….again. You’ll just have to trust me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to clarify, not all Shorelandr trailer axles can be adjusted. I went and looked at my trailer today, and the leaf spring anchor plates are indeed welded to the frame. I have a 2021 212SE and my trailer has a Line-X type coating. It may be powder coated underneath that, I don’t know. I got distracted by the property manager and forgot to take a picture….again. You’ll just have to trust me.
That isnt great. Wonder why they would do that.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Last edited:

MikeT29

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I noticed they did change there trailers, i wasn't sure it was a shorelandr after seeing them. Sucks they didn't make them more adjustable.
Wouldn't be an issue is they didn't have them too heavy in the tongue

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length