• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

transom plate sealant

yam240sx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys just removed transom plate on port side because i snapped a bolt off the housing removal .. does anyone know of the correct type of sealant to use on replacing back ? .. thanks .... i know not 5200 , or 4200 maybe or just regular marine silicone ?

Thanks again

I need to replace both of my transom plates. Any tips?

life caulk ... do not use 4200 or 5200 ... BTW good like finding any plates

I use marine-grade sealants, epoxy paints or transom support devices to maximize its durability.

Last edited:
life caulk ... do not use 4200 or 5200 ... BTW good like finding any plates

Appology your OP went unanswered for so long, but I see you chose a really good product, Life Calk. I have used Life
Seal alot on the sailboat to rebed acrylic or polycarbonate portlights. It is silicone and polyurethane based, not paintable. It will not react and disfigure the plastic like others will. Life Calk is polysulfide based, paintable but will react with some plastics other than gelcoat. They both are flexible and are rated for below the waterline. A 10 oz. cartridge of black lifeseal is in the boat tool box. It is good stuff and can cure under water.

yes Life caulk is what our boat transom plates come applied from factory .

Back