• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transom - Videos - Slingshot Wakesurfers Behind My AR240

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20190308_010358.jpg

Hi folks! I've been having a ton of fun testing out some Slingshot wakesurf boards behind my 2016 AR240. These boards are all for sale in my online store www.transomwatersports.com
Slingshot is one of the brand's we carry but also have a relationship with O'Brien, Body Glove, and JetPilot. Be aware, jetboaters get special savings in my store. Message me to take advantage of offers I can't advertise.

I'm glad I get to share some raw footage of this real world use of these boards behind a boat and setup that's common to a lot of you. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying myself... because I absolutely am!

If you own any of these boards, whether they be purchased from me, Yamaha version, or otherwise PLEASE SHARE! Also feel free to discuss, share, and ask questions.

Background info: I have been boating the entire 36 years of my life. We purchased or Yamaha new in the spring of 2016. It is my first boat and my wife would tell you I'm a little too preoccupied with it... I've had a lot of fun and frustration as I've tried to improve its surf-ability. I've fallen in love with the sport along the way. I'm a fan if all watersports. I've been skiing/boarding since I was 12yo, but I am far from pro level anything, although I call myself coordinated.

Setup:
- boat equipment
• Gantlin Products Wake Wedge
• Gantlin Products Custom Transom
• Custom 3 Bag 3 pump integrated ballast
• Hydrophase Ridesteady

Enough of that... videos and reviews will follow in subsequent posts.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll start off with the board people seem to be the most intrigued with. That's the Slingshot Coaster. This board is available in 3 flavors. A larger 5'3", a 5'0" and a 5'0" XR (carbon fiber construction).

The design was co-developed with Yamaha for use with the WakeBooster package. There 5'3" board I'm riding in the following videos is the same as what comes I'm the package from Yamaha minus the Yamaha branding. It was designed as a skim/surf hybrid, with a near flat bottom but enhanced surf style rocker line.

Let the videos soak for themselves:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cobra Cat
So, a Cobra 🐍 and a Cat 🐅 had a baby, and that baby "Cobra Cat" was adopted, trained and bread by Slingshot. I was fortunate enough to wrangle the XR version one of these magnificent beast over the weekend and it was glorious! I had a blast on this little 4'8 board. It was quick, nimble, sporty and had a lot of driving power. The speed I could nearly challenge the Coaster, although perhaps not tandem.

It's available in a 5'0", 4'8", and 4'8 XR (Carbon Fiber)

Edit:

New videos of the wife and I riding the 5'0" Cobra Cat

Riding with 2 forward fins only (no rear). A little more waggle makes it a little more fun!

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gnarwhal
This 4'10" board proved to be a great recommendation as well. You can see it's no real struggle to keep up. The quad fin setup makes it very responsive, predictable, and powerful as you pump. The sub nose prevents a lot of mistakes and allows you to lean on the gas without the fear of pearling. I also tried this board with just the 2 forward fins installed which made it a lot of fun. In this configuration you could feel it was a little more free to twist into a tight turn adding top is playfulness. Overall, it's a gray option for beginners on up.

It comes in 3 varieties: 4'10", 4'6", and a 4'6" XR (carbon fiber)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Butter Bar
Wait, there's one more... the Butter Bar is Slingshots answer for skim boarding. The model I'm on in the video is the 4'8", but it also comes in a 4'4" and 4'4" XR (carbon fiber). I've never been on a skim board prior to this... you're probably noticing now that I have the same riding style no matter what board I'm on... lol! I have my own acronym to describe it, C.B.D. As in, "Chubby" "Balding" "Dad".

Anyway, with the three fins installed, this little thing is very controllable. I was able to force the tail to slide out just a bit on some of the more aggressive turns. I'm looking forward to the next step and removing some of them to free it up a bit.

This is the board I wasn't sure just how we'll it would keep upon the wake. But it did well and was fun as hell!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Butter Bar
Wait, there's one more... the Butter Bar is Slingshots answer for skim boarding. The model I'm on in the video is the 4'8", but it also comes in a 4'4" and 4'4" XR (carbon fiber). I've never been on a skim board prior to this... you're probably noticing now that I have the same riding style no matter what board I'm on... lol! I have my own acronym to describe it, C.B.D. As in, "Chubby" "Balding" "Dad".

Anyway, with the three fins installed, this little thing is very controllable. I was able to force the tail to slide out just a bit on some of the more aggressive turns. I'm looking forward to the next step and removing some of them to free it up a bit.

This is the board I wasn't sure just how we'll it would keep upon the wake. But it did well and was fun as hell!
You for sure rip on this board. This video was awesome. I'd like to see how far away from the wave you can get and come back into it with this board. I bet you can make some awesome slashes that way.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You for sure rip on this board. This video was awesome. I'd like to see how far away from the wave you can get and come back into it with this board. I bet you can make some awesome slashes that way.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to my next practice session with it a lot. I'll see what speed I can try to build from the back just for you. Trying these boards out has honestly been so much fun, I have to remind myself I can't keep them all... Haha!

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is my 145 lb son on a Slingshot Coaster 5'0" XR from J-RAD- Thanks!
2019 210 FSH sport with 1300 lbs of ballast and TVW. Just him and I out.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

Another great surfing video. And finally someone wearing shorts as short as mine lol. I know I'm beating a dead horse but at 145lb that board is huge for him. I'd look at a 4'4" board. He obv has the skill to recover as we saw in this video. I also like his style it's very laid back.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

SICK! So effortless and fun, with swagger for days... 👏👏🙌🙌

Another great surfing video. And finally someone wearing shorts as short as mine lol. I know I'm beating a dead horse but at 145lb that board is huge for him. I'd look at a 4'4" board. He obv has the skill to recover as we saw in this video. I also like his style it's very laid back.
Yes, I recall he was looking for a board they could all ride. He could probably manage the 4'4" Butter Bar or rip on the 4'8" Cobra Cat with ease. (*Sigh*... To be 20 years younger and 145lbs again...)

That's the 5'0" Coaster XR and he's got all the freedom he wants on that thing to chill, lay down and take a nap, have a picnic, or a dance party with a lady friend. ;)

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome thread! Thank you!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll start off with the board people seem to be the most intrigued with. That's the Slingshot Coaster. This board is available in 3 flavors. A larger 5'3", a 5'0" and a 5'0" XR (carbon fiber construction).

The design was co-developed with Yamaha for use with the WakeBooster package. There 5'3" board I'm riding in the following videos is the same as what comes I'm the package from Yamaha minus the Yamaha branding. It was designed as a skim/surf hybrid, with a near flat bottom but enhanced surf style rocker line.

Let the videos soak for themselves:

Haha - your kids when "Old Town Road" comes on... Looks like they might have heard that before. 🤣

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haha - your kids when "Old Town Road" comes on... Looks like they might have heard that before. 🤣
I seriously have had to limit the number if times they can play that song or they WILL have it on repeat. all. day. long... o_O

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So Jared this is my board of choice a Phase 5 Oath (carbon fiber). This board is amazing . . . this board is a 4.4 and you see where the mat is placed ? On your video you are riding the Cobra Cat 4.8 model did you ever feel like you needed to move your front foot a little more forward off the traction mat ?
oath.jpg

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So Jared this is my board of choice a Phase 5 Oath (carbon fiber). This board is amazing . . . this board is a 4.4 and you see where the mat is placed ? On your video you are riding the Cobra Cat 4.8 model did you ever feel like you needed to move your front foot a little more forward off the traction mat ?
View attachment 97874
I didn't. I can see that my front foot is near the front of the mat in the video, but my stance felt comfortable. Any father on the nose and I probably would have had trouble. To date, it's one of my favorite boards I've been on. That board looks sick! Phase 5 is on my short list.

jcyamahariders wife

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome just figured I would ask since my mat stretches almost to the end of the board and this one is very similar. Can't wait to try out that cobra cat !