• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Rental Property Traveling Tongue Scale

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have @JBehrens address. Oldest has soccer practice tonight, and it's supposed to be raining through Wednesday night. Hoping to get the boat dried out from this past weekend and covered up Thursday night. I'll take my measurements then, and hopefully make any adjustments needed. With any luck it should go out either Friday of this week, or Monday of next week. Most likely at least a 3-day ship over to Cali from here though.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do not think there a rush. Take your time .....

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
10-4 Thanks guys. Looks like it's going to rain through Thursday at this point. Supposed to be sunny and 72 on Saturday though. Mother-in-law will be in town to help corral the boys as well, so I should have some quality time with the boat to get measurements, adjustments and such made.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Initial tongue weight on 2017 AR190 - 325lbf. Loaded for the lake with an empty fuel tank.

5% tongue weight = 6500lb trailer
7% tongue weight = 4643lb trailer

Both of those seem high to me. Hope to get the boat/trailer/truck combo across some CAT scales today or tomorrow. Will also fill fuel tank and reevaluate tongue weight.

Initial thought is it seems a bit high.

20181006_084915.jpg

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2kwik4u something is wrong with the math or I am not following :(

On my boat I have it at 7%. More weight is better than less weight.

I am sure with 5% will tow better but I would rather have a bit room for when I screw up. I have been in a situation where I had to floor it while doing 75mph. I was not paying attention to the speedometer, but when I got out the difficult spot the speedometer was just dropping below 90mph.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just estimating trailer weight from tongue weight. I'm unsure what my boat/trailer combination weight is, so I'm unable to know if my 325lb tongue weight is appropriately setup or not.

325lb is plenty light, well within truck and hitch limits and not a problem. However, if the combo weighs 5000lb then I'm light and need to adjust. Likewise if I'm only 3000lbs then I'm heavy on the tongue and need to adjust.

Just need to get the trailer weight to determine if my tongue weight us good or bad.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you know the trailer and boat dryweight, which is on the website, then add for full tank 6 to 7 lbs per gallon.
All your gear could be estimated or weigh it by holding each on your bath scale and subtract your weight.
I would say 4000 lbs would be a close guesstimate.
280 is 7% so if you want a safe slightly heavier target aim at 300lbs
If i was only 25lbs over my target weight i would leave it alone

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just hit me in the head to check. Where did the scale have its first thanks giving ?

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It was not in Cali so I would think it is with @2kwik4u ?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Add me to the list please. looks like @jgpncll will have it on the east coast

PM my address if i am after @jgpncll

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Out of the water yes.
Currently I am truck-less, unfortunately.
My Dura-max was totaled from a little tornado activity last month :(
A huge Oak Tree branch fell on the roof and rolled off of the hood/quarter panel.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK, I have it boxed and ready to ship. Just need to make sure @JBehrens is the next one in line. @Betik can you confirm that is correct?