• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trim tabs Lectrotab

Jmland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ha! I live in havasu and i primarily boat on it and the river and have been thinking of doing this for some time. The river and the lake are more often than not rough, due to wind or mainly other boats.
Wow I keep my boat there you are starting to see alot more Yamaha boats there. You won't be sorry adding the tabs it a must there.

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow I keep my boat there you are starting to see alot more Yamaha boats there. You won't be sorry adding the tabs it a must there.
There is a decent amount, am going to try and go out this weekend, it’s windy A.F today so hopefully it calms down tomorrow.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Anyone have pics of tabs with the wake wedge installed?
I have short actuators and am having issues finding the perfect spot when wake wedge is installed.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling here are some, that's all I got right now. Unfortunately I wont be able to get to my boat for few weeks now due to my work and travel schedule.
That water is coming out of my ballast bags draining, if you wonder, lol.

--

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling here are some, that's all I got right now. Unfortunately I wont be able to get to my boat for few weeks now due to my work and travel schedule.
That water is coming out of my ballast bags draining, if you wonder, lol.
View attachment 106776

View attachment 106777

--
Nice!
I am thinking my 212 may have a shorter platform which may cause me the alignment issue. Good to see it once though.

Inspectorjoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Lectrotab trim tabs, 12 x 12 on our boat, has been a great mod. for our M/Y Yamaha over the last 3 seasons. The improvement of the ride while in the chop was worth the price.
Can you provide details of the models. I own a 2018 -242x and I’m looking for such for my boat as we spend a bunch of time in the open water . Thank you.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The kit we identified as the base unit that will be sold thru this program, will contain the following:

2) S-BK-24, short, 12VDC actuators w/28’ cable

2) T9x16-9282, stainless steel tabs, w/taper bent sides (up)

1) MLC-1, manual leveling control

These kits are typical for all of the Yamaha, 240 & 242 models

Contact and phone in your orders using the below information

Ask to talk to Dan and let him know we sent you

Phone: 804-368-8428
Toll Free: 888-LECTROTAB (532-8768)
Fax: 804-368-8438
Email: sales@lectrotab.com

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can you provide details of the models. I own a 2018 -242x and I’m looking for such for my boat as we spend a bunch of time in the open water . Thank you.
@jacoviii gave you good info. 9" x 16" are the tabs for your M/Y. You will have to decide on the type of controller you want. Call and talk to them. Their product works well on these boats. Here is another thread from way back and his "math" to get there. https://jetboaters.net/threads/trim-tabs-options-wake-surfing-and-cruising.12031/

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you’re out in the open Ocean, these are a game changer must have. This should be the first mod, well besides secondary bilge in transom. You’ll love them, take it from me.👍🏽🤙🏽

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Inspectorjoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone have photos of how to ram the wires trough the platform? And to the control panel?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is a pass thru hole in the mounting bracket for the actuator between the 3 screws. Drill a hole thru the fiberglass at that location and feed the control wire thru the hole to the inside of the boat. Then seal the hole.

20220624_115518.jpg

Inspectorjoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There is a pass thru hole in the mounting bracket for the actuator between the 3 screws. Drill a hole thru the fiberglass at that location and feed the control wire thru the hole to the inside of the boat. Then seal the hole.

View attachment 181136
Correct I guess my question was more as how do I get to inside the swim platform? To get the wire and secured the actuators

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take off the cover that is where you clean out plugs are. Then you can see the gap between the top and bottom of your swim platform. There is in an inch or two of space there.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Piece of advice, put something around your arms and wear a heavy duty glove if you decide to stick your hand in there. Sharp fiberglass threads all over the place. They bitr pretty good....

Last edited:

Inspectorjoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Correct yes in deed. I’m having to take this task on my own as I can’t find anyone around me whom would install without kicking my ass or placing a lengthy time line

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Piece of advice, put something around your arms and wear a heavy duty glove if you decide to stick your hand in there. Sharp fiberglass threads all over the place. They bitr pretty good....
Agree, Sharp will jump out and touch you.

1D3008E1-4F6E-41EB-B0F9-FDFD00729A9B.jpeg

Be careful down there. On my m/y I placed the mounting base for the actuator so that the screws imbedded in the backing plate for the tie down. Lots of sharp sticking up.

Snoopy76

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wanted a better ride out of my Yamaha 2018 242X, so I researched it on jetboater.net, coming from an IO I wanted to enjoy using trim tabs for water conditions. My 242x was an ok ride but not a good ride and when the water conditions changed, it sucked, it's no fun when swells are coming sideways into the side of the hull.
Knowing that on a Yamaha boat and the swim platform on the back was not going to be your normal tab insulation, saying that, I reached out to Lectrotab for advice seeing that they had a quite a few Yamaha boats with their trim tabs on them.
You could not ask for a better company to help you, very, very knowledgeable about their products and since they had already designed the tabs for the Yamaha boat I felt I came to right place.
Dan and Russ were great, they helped me every step of the way and answered all of my questions, trust me I had tons.
I purchased the 9 x 16 tabs with short actuators with the semi auto control, and it blended in perfect and looked factory installed.
The installation was not difficult at all, followed it step by step, very easy to perform.
Took the boat out right after and wow, what a difference it made. I cannot say enough about the performance of my boat. It made all the difference in the ride and easy to use. With the tabs on the boat, fully retractable, it's like they are not even there.
Just want to say if you have the boosters by Yamaha or the wedge, the actuators, they do not interfere with the tabs, they still work , which was another huge plus for me.
I can not stress how much they have improved my boat, saying that ,THANKS to Dan and Russ at Lectrotab.
I've just bought a 2013 242 limited S. I will first start off by saying we Love this boat!!

BUT. Me and kids wanted it to be able to surf and wakeboard behind it and can not really do that. I'm reading about these cool trim set ups on here and wanted to know if my boats to old for those or not?
Thanks,
Jason

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've just bought a 2013 242 limited S. I will first start off by saying we Love this boat!!

BUT. Me and kids wanted it to be able to surf and wakeboard behind it and can not really do that. I'm reading about these cool trim set ups on here and wanted to know if my boats to old for those or not?
Thanks,
Jason
Trim tabs will not help you surfing. It is to trim the bow down a bit so that it cuts through the chop and creates a smoother ride. You can wakeboard no problem on your boat. Surfing, please search the forums here for ballast and also you model and surfing and you will find plenty of threads to read so you can start your journey.