• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trips to Bangkok to locate Boat Parts in the back streets ( New update sorry for the delay)

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm the same way...was with you until the food...chicken feet? :dead:
I'm trying to think what if any part of the chicken they don't use even the beak is ground up for dog food and the feathers are made into dusters, Nothing goes to waste here, Chickens feet are really tasty you would be surprised i know to a westerner it seems unappealing but you have to try these things you never know you may like them, Thanks for spending a little time to read it.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great pictures and write up. I am looking forward to seeing more.
Thanks for that, I didn't think it would be so popular, I will sort some more photos out for you later and post them. Thanks for taking the time to read it.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's a few more Photos for you to have a look at, I don't take Photos of the Tourist places as i like to get down to reality, There are many ways to look at a country and you don't learn about the people unless you mix with the real people no picture postcard I'm afraid.

Doing the washing in the River.jpg

This is at the rice plantation the Lady doing her washing in the river.

Rice Fields.jpg

The Rice plantation

Didn't want to disturb the Buffalos Lunch.jpg

They still use the Buffalo in the Rice fields

Rice workers house.jpg
This is where the Rice Farmers live they are poor people no car no social life wake up 4.30 am and go to bed about 8 pm it's a hard life.

Feeling for Muscles by hand.jpg
This is the Rice Farmers catching fresh water Prawns and Mussels by hand, You can see what they have caught.

This is what they got after 1 hours work.jpg

This is what they caught after 1 hours work

Rice truck.jpg
This is there Rice truck for taking the Rice to market.

This lady was Building the Dam in the Rice Fields.jpg
Lady building a Dam in the Rice fields, She will work from about 6 am after cooking food for the Family and she will finish about 6 pm and go cook again then sleep as she will be awake about 4 am to prepare food again, She will earn about $4 a day just enough to pay for a manicure.

Boat 2.jpg
My old Boat when i lived on Koh Chang Island

Boat.jpg
Boat Photo again, I don't understand why there not full size.

At the end of the beach a nice Restaurant in a fishing Village.jpg

This is the Seafood Restaurant in the Fishing Village in Ba Pha about 60 miles South by sea from where i live now sometimes i go there in the Boat for a day trip, Well that's a little more insight into Thailand i will sort some more Photos out but I'm out in the boat today it's about 35 degrees and calm conditions, I hope you all enjoy the Photos.

Attachments

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great stuff, Geoff. Keep it coming!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome pics. Thanks again, keep em coming!!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks for the photo tour.....awesome!

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the photo tour.....awesome!
Thanks for that i really thought that maybe members would perhaps find it a boring post and i have been very surprised at the response.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks so much for the pictures and insights. Glad I was born where I was born!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does KFC serve fries in Thailand? I was really surprised that they do in England. The only potatoes on the menu in the US are mashed.

I will avoid the McDonalds. The last time I went to a foreign McDonalds was in Marsielle for a Royale With Cheese. When we came out someone had broken the window on our car and taken all of our stuff. So I am sticking to the better quality and healthier local food from now on.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does KFC serve fries in Thailand? I was really surprised that they do in England. The only potatoes on the menu in the US are mashed.

I will avoid the McDonalds. The last time I went to a foreign McDonalds was in Marsielle for a Royale With Cheese. When we came out someone had broken the window on our car and taken all of our stuff. So I am sticking to the better quality and healthier local food from now on.
Yes they serve fries or mashed, Because the Thai people like spicy they serve there chicken really spicy you have to ask for original or you get served spicy automatically, Same applies at KFC.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pleased you enjoyed them, For some people life can be very hard here and they have to work to live, There are no government handouts here no benefits if you don't work you don't eat.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's the start of the winter here in Thailand and the rains have just about finished so the temperature is starting to drop we're getting down to the mid 30s now and you are starting to feel the difference in the mornings and evenings, The forecast isn't good this week for Boating and we have choppy seas and up to 1 meter waves, I didn't get out in the Boat yesterday because of the conditions i went for a walk to the beach as it was Sunday and many Thai people like to eat together and socialize when they don't work so i have taken a few photos for you to have a look at, I hope you like.

IMG_2185.JPG
This is the local Rag Market always busy

IMG_2186.JPG IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2188.JPG
I don't know who did the Haircut the local council i think

IMG_2190.JPG

This is where you can eat at the Market, Great food and always very fresh, Pork Soup with Holy Basil leaves under a dollar but delicious

IMG_2193.JPG

The local children enjoying the waves they don't get conditions like this very often so they were all out on Sunday having a good time.

IMG_1691.JPG

These are the normal conditions at the same spot

IMG_2201.JPG

This is the local temple
IMG_2205.JPG

It looks out over the Lake

IMG_2202.JPG
It's in a beautiful setting, Well i hope you enjoy the Photos i will post some more for you as I'm on my travels, I appreciate I've strayed from finding boat parts in Bangkok but i only go there about once a month so just filling in with the local Thai ways and day to day life.

Attachments

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
GREAT photos, Geoff. So many Thanks !
Please do continue. Very interesting.
Merry Christmas to you - Mikey Lulejian- Back home again @ Lake Oconee, GA

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
GREAT photos, Geoff. So many Thanks !
Please do continue. Very interesting.
Merry Christmas to you - Mikey Lulejian- Back home again @ Lake Oconee, GA
Thanks for that and same to you also.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pleased you enjoyed it and thanks for taking the time to have a look.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x2 - Really great to see some of the culture. Thank you

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
x2 - Really great to see some of the culture. Thank you
Your very welcome i will get some more shots on my travels and post them as i wont be going to Bangkok for a few weeks.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks Geoff. Reminds me of Korea and Okinawa from my younger days. I always enjoyed getting off the beaten path to look for the local "mom & pop" stores and restaurants. I often found that they were very appreciative that I found my way to their restaurant and would go out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

appreciate the virtual tour.

Geoff Cooper

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Geoff. Reminds me of Korea and Okinawa from my younger days. I always enjoyed getting off the beaten path to look for the local "mom & pop" stores and restaurants. I often found that they were very appreciative that I found my way to their restaurant and would go out of their way to make me feel comfortable.

appreciate the virtual tour.
Yes that's right, I often just jump in the jeep and take off for a few day that turns into a week and get off the beaten track, You can find many small villages that they have never seen a white man and heard stories about them eating the children it's quite amazing really, This place is full of old wives tales and superstition, Everyone believes in Ghosts and nobody will buy a house if they know someone has died there, The children in the remote villages will run up and touch you and run away again until they see your not going to hurt them and make friends.

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It is nice to see pictures from other cultures. Thanks for sharing.