• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Twin engine parallel 212 XE

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Hi folks,

New the the jet boat world and just picked up a brand new Yamaha 212 XE. Before putting in the water I noticed that the starboard side jet nozzle seems to point in slightly with the wheel and fin/rudder in the straight position while the port side nozzle seems to be perfectly straight. You can just see in the picture of the stern. Also you can see in the jet wash image that the wash from the starboard side is crossing over the centre line. I was told this is Yamaha’s set up for Surf Pointe to make a better wake but it doesn’t seem right that only one jet would point inward. Anyone else have the same wake series or experience with this? C4BE4989-8DD6-41EC-A7DD-CA2F0CD7767D.jpeg836B0BE0-6DB1-4BD1-A8AD-94A1826A9A36.png

Last edited:

Russell

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
These jet boats tend to pull hard right at speed. Maybe they tried to correct the thrust pull by moving your jet inside slightly. I've done the same with my 2010- 212X.

In2ishin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
just picked up the same boat a few weeks ago. Have the same issue. I do know that Yamaha “toes in” the nozzles but one is clearly more aggressive than the other. I’m in for first service now and dealer is checking it out.

I also have cavitation at hard (ish) acceleration. Not sure if these are related. Will let you know @Grasshopper

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
just picked up the same boat a few weeks ago. Have the same issue. I do know that Yamaha “toes in” the nozzles but one is clearly more aggressive than the other. I’m in for first service now and dealer is checking it out.

I also have cavitation at hard (ish) acceleration. Not sure if these are related. Will let you know @Grasshopper
Thanks. I’m taking mine in next week. Will share what they say.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Thanks. I’m taking mine in next week. Will share what they say.
Dealer said it’s not right and needs to corrected. They told me Yamaha quality control has suffered in the last 2 years and this kind of stuff is slipping through. Sounds like an easy adjustment but very disappointed by initially Yamaha quality. I have another dozen or so smaller deficiencies the dealer is addressing as well.

In2ishin

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealer said it’s not right and needs to corrected. They told me Yamaha quality control has suffered in the last 2 years and this kind of stuff is slipping through. Sounds like an easy adjustment but very disappointed by initially Yamaha quality. I have another dozen or so smaller deficiencies the dealer is addressing as well.
[
my dealer trued the nozzles but didn’t “toe-in” slightly. The boat handled better before and now they are aware of the slight toe-in required.

I consider this a mild issue and am about to install Cobra Jet Fins which everyone raves about. Will reply after install and water test - hopefully this weekend.

bigger issue for me is losing power to one engine w “stop steering” message appearing on Connext + cavitation on acceleration. I *think* Yamaha has diagnosed these issues but can’t get back to dealer for a bit due to travel.

Will reply as the journey continues.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Note that the toe-in of the nozzles only applies to the wake series and they should both be toed-in the same degree for the wakepoint. The non-wake model like mine has no toe-in and both nozzles are perfectly straight as they should be. I checked mine to verify when I bought and installed a second tie-rod from Cobra Jet to balance out the steering - a long straight-edge will lay flat across the nozzles.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Note that the toe-in of the nozzles only applies to the wake series and they should both be toed-in the same degree for the wakepoint. The non-wake model like mine has no toe-in and both nozzles are perfectly straight as they should be. I checked mine to verify when I bought and installed a second tie-rod from Cobra Jet to balance out the steering - a long straight-edge will lay flat across the nozzles.
Thanks for the information. Seems to make sense. How did you get to know this?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other