• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater light indecision

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Back to thinking about a transom mounted underwater light. Narrowed it down to Lumitec Seablaze Quattro (blue/white, 2000 lumens) at a good price ($228) on Amazon right now (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XKPZ9Z) or the Dragon (8000 lumens) V2 from boatpluglight.com for $224 with controller (Dagon V2 Transom Mount) and thought I'd see if anyone had opinons/recommendations they'd care to pass on!
  • Don't care about lighting up the whole bay so lumens difference is meh. I'm thinking both will be bright enough?
  • same goes for colors - boat is blue so most likely will run in blue or white mode in either case
  • Lumitec has brass case while other one is...? Running mostly in brackish water
  • Lumitec controlled by switch, BPL by remote which would probably be easier to wire than switch?
  • No idea about durability for either brand...
  • Center mounting above drain plug. Could end up out of the water when running. Lumitec has thermal protection and will dim accordingly - can't find anything similar for BPL?
  • This is kind of a lark so budget an issue and the basis for these two (and the Admiral won't think I've lost my mind completely!)
I've pulled all the threads I can find on here and there seems to be a fairly even split between L and BPL - and lots of post of "recently put these on" which had me wondering about the longevity and if people still like their choice.
Thanks!

Last edited:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jocolo21 , I hope the $25 was a typo or else I officially hate you! :D