• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Underwater Transom lights on X model boats

I thought about that, but I may need to run with the interiors on for some reason but don't want the big light on. I dunno, just trying to think it through.
for me those scenarios are probably rare. Only one time I can think of I ran into that issue is we had a to-go box flip over from dinner and it had ketchup in it. In that case I'd give 0 fucks about my underwater lights also being on. ?

Maybe I need to get out more and stop sitting behing my computer thinking about mods and creating small percentage scenarios :)

Maybe I need to get out more and stop sitting behing my computer thinking about mods and creating small percentage scenarios :)
Dude, that's my life too! All day long I come up with random scenarios that are likely never going to happen. It's why I'm good at what I do. ?

Got the lights today and hooked them up to a battery I had in the garage. They're plenty bright for my boat with 3. Also they're a nice compact size. So, I'll install them as low in the transom as possible and that'll ease even the remote fear of water pressure from the booster. Hopefully will get them installed some time this weekend.

I have the same outside lites as you ordered, but added this in the center https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XJCRSL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it is really cool with the color change

View attachment 183985

Nice! My articulating keel is kind of in the way. A light that big would totally fit, just run into a good bit of interference. Will definitely put these in a place where if I decide to go bigger one day it won't be that big of a deal. My guess is the little I'll use these I'll be satisfied. I'm hoping to sell this boat in the next 2 years. So, doing mods that I want but not going all out on anything. Juuuuuuuuust cause I know you never get your money back in mods.

Managed to get them installed. No real lessons learned. Biggest challenge was getting the clean out hatch off since I sealed that thing REAL good when I bought my boat. No leaks but also a huge PITA to get off. Took several hours. Biggest word of caution is to make sure to use the tool posted above on all of your mounting holes or use the next size up drill bit just on the front of the drilled hole. I swore I did it for all of them, but heard a crack when putting in a screw. Pulled it out real quick and hit the hole with the drill bit. Went in easy. Can't really see any chipped gel coat so if there is it's hidden underneath about 1lb of 4200. ? I REALLY didn't like the gauge wire used for the interior LEDs so I ordered a push button switch. I hooked the lights up to a spare battery I had in my garage to show the lights when done. They're bright but not OMFG bright. For my usage I think they'll be perfect. The fiberglass on these boats is paper thin. Yikes! Barely had to drill and BAM all the way through. I measured and adjusted these templates 20 times. There's nothing flat or straight on the back of this thing to measure off of.

IMG_20220730_190707057_HDR.jpgIMG_20220730_195951402.jpgIMG_20220731_011448035.jpg

Wrapped up the install tonight. As long as nothing leaks I am more than satisfied. Need to clean up a crap ton of tools, and give the boat a good cleaning from dirty hands and me bleeding on stuff. Crazy what'll knick ya sticking your hands in places. Went with a simple push button on off switch with LED ring so I could see it. Otherwise black button on a black surface at night would be impossible to see.
IMG_20220801_214905523.jpgIMG_20220801_214704293.jpgIMG_20220801_214658549.jpgIMG_20220801_214743792.jpg

Wrapped up the install tonight. As long as nothing leaks I am more than satisfied. Need to clean up a crap ton of tools, and give the boat a good cleaning from dirty hands and me bleeding on stuff. Crazy what'll knick ya sticking your hands in places. Went with a simple push button on off switch with LED ring so I could see it. Otherwise black button on a black surface at night would be impossible to see.
View attachment 184300View attachment 184301View attachment 184302View attachment 184303

Awesome...!!

Awesome...!!

Shit... I have the clean out hatch off right now putting in Second Bilge...... Just ordered two of the same ones you have @suke. I have LED Marine Rockers that I will install, may as well do it all now......
Definitely do it now. Taking that thing off after I sealed the shit out of it took an insane amount of work. I think I could get it off slightly faster a second go round now that I have a few tricks, but damn if I ever wanna do that any time soon. This shit better not leak. ?

Definitely do it now. Taking that thing off after I sealed the shit out of it took an insane amount of work. I think I could get it off slightly faster a second go round now that I have a few tricks, but damn if I ever wanna do that any time soon. This shit better not leak. ?

I gotta hold, too many other things to do and I cannot Not have the boat ready to leave by Saturday Morning.... Already pushing it. Plus we have 2 or 3 days or rain and thunderstorms this week, I could get into a bind. sigh...

Got the boat cleaned up after bleeding all over it and touching the seats accidentally with dirty hands. Also the fiberglass dust from the switch.

Last pic during the day.
IMG_20220802_194812444_HDR.jpgIMG_20220802_194817485_HDR.jpg

I plan on installing my lumitec seablaze x2 right at the red circle. Ignore the bent thrust vector it was replaced under warranty and this picture is 8 years old. Any issues with that depth?
1659551272104.png

I plan on installing my lumitec seablaze x2 right at the red circle. Ignore the bent thrust vector it was replaced under warranty and this picture is 8 years old. Any issues with that depth?
View attachment 184505
I wouldn't think so. The lumitec's can technically be ran out of water and if it reaches a certain temp it'll either cut power and/or dim the lights.

Here's one of the Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 RBGW installed between the scupper and the drain plugtempImagej0MA73.pngtempImageo0LO9Y.pngtempImage1Pfd6v.pngtempImagej0MA73.pngtempImageo0LO9Y.pngtempImage1Pfd6v.png in the murky waters of the Chesapeake Bay just at sunset...

Here's one of the Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 RBGW installed between the scupper and the drain plug in the murky waters of the Chesapeake Bay just at sunset...
Cool, that's exactly where mine will be going. I bought the blue white seablaze x2

Back