• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Underwater Transom LED light opinions wanted

MillsyMO

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
I did rock rock lights in my 2019 it's a big hole you will have to drill, and they don't protect they are only for ambient light don cheap out
I already had them from a truck I took them off of. The only holes I’d drill are the screws to hold them on to the underside of the platform. I planned on running the wires up the scupper drain and cutting a hole on the top side of the drain tube to pull the wires through and connect them to my RGB controller that runs my speaker lights. I’m not concerned about the cost as much as I am wanting a nice light show on the back of the boat. I am in MO and all of our water is pretty muddy/murky so I wanted something bright enough to light it all up behind the boat. I have 12 pods and thought that would be very bright but not sure bc I’ve never used them to light up water. 😆

BHudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread but I’m looking to add rock lights under my swim platform on my ar250 and stumbled across this thread. These photos and videos look awesome so now I’m thinking I just need drain plug lights. Did anyone end up mounting led rock lights under their swim deck or just drain plug lights? Thanks for the ideas.

I put two lumitec lights in the transom below the water line. They are very high quality and look great. I can also set the color when I turn them on. They are pretty bright which is what you want under water because the water absorbs a lot of light. Mount them low to keep them under water when the boat is rocking in the waves.

Amazon link below:

Attachments