• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upper Chesapeake Yamaha Run?

What date(s) work best for you?

• 6/4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 6/11

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/25

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Let me know what you hear and if you make it out. We just talked to my friends parents and they said it’s dead calm right now. We are going to give it a go and if winds pick up later we will call it early.
A few have said battery island was OK. We have to finish loading, stop and grab some subs and we'll be underway

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Enjoy! And nice meeting you guys! We just got off. If you get brave go up River on the Susquehanna! River was angry boating back to our marina. Solid 2 footers!

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Enjoy! And nice meeting you guys! We just got off. If you get brave go up River on the Susquehanna! River was angry boating back to our marina. Solid 2 footers!
We'll be fighting that, returning to the ramp. Wasn't bad going with the wind. Don't even care. Beautiful day on the water

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That wind definitely sucked. The kids had one heck of a tubing experience though! Hoping for better conditions this weekend.

LandSharksMom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The river was like that on Saturday in Sunbury. Not 2 footers just no still moments! lol River was bored!

Tuesday we made down to Port to and to the island. So cool. Loved it. The launch isn't that bad either, minus the courtesy dock just smaller than what we've been around so far. Parking lot will help yah make sure your boats locked down tight. Oh and one ramp, great for no pressure loading! With a barking dog! (she's a bit dramatic at times)

We had a great day!! I've been stalking this camera for months! And boom there we are! :) I'm weird, but it was too cool.

IMG_4337.PNGFBI3.jpg

Moxie had a blast! In her element! She's one of the reasons to get the boat! Thanks pup! :)
FBI2.jpgFBI.jpg

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone use the Lapidum Boat Ramp and able to comment on how it is? We used to boat out of Lake Clarke but it was way too busy on and off the water. The past 2 years we've mainly been on the Conowingo Reservior, launching out of the Dorsey Park Ramp by Peach Bottom. It's never busy and plenty of dock space at the ramps but the ramp is super steep and I'd like to do some exploring south of Conowingo and into the upper Chesapeake. Lapidum is a little closer for me than Port Deposit.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Does anyone use the Lapidum Boat Ramp and able to comment on how it is? We used to boat out of Lake Clarke but it was way too busy on and off the water. The past 2 years we've mainly been on the Conowingo Reservior, launching out of the Dorsey Park Ramp by Peach Bottom. It's never busy and plenty of dock space at the ramps but the ramp is super steep and I'd like to do some exploring south of Conowingo and into the upper Chesapeake. Lapidum is a little closer for me than Port Deposit.
It isn't great. Steep ramp. Lots of growth. Usually only one ramp open due to growth. Rock hazards etc

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will probably be going out at mariner.
Figures. I’ll miss you again. We are switching it up tomorrow because I want to wakeboard on some smooth water. We are going out of Dorsey Park boat launch in Delta PA on the Susquehanna River above the Conowingo Dam. It’s a great spot and only a few minutes further of a drive from my house then it is to Mariner Point.

Heads up for Mariner Point. The marina next to it closed and the paddle board/ kayak shop is now operating right at the ramp. The folks that run it are great but just watch out for the paddle boarders sitting in the middle of the no wake zone when you first head out. They will just look at you and not make any effort to give you any space.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question for the PA folks, have any of you been out on Blue Marsh lake up near Reading PA? We had a lacrosse tournament at an indoor facility up that way over the winter and between games I drove out there to see it. Looked pretty decent. Wondering if anyone has any experience on it.

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are out on the boat today. Just got to our usual spot.

Regarding Blue Marsh - I have not been. I’ve heard it’s really busy on the weekend and jet skis get crazy. But just what I’ve heard. I haven’t been myself.

Another question for the PA folks, have any of you been out on Blue Marsh lake up near Reading PA? We had a lacrosse tournament at an indoor facility up that way over the winter and between games I drove out there to see it. Looked pretty decent. Wondering if anyone has any experience on it.

Corsair21111

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to know About Blue Marsh. I’m off this Wednesday, I work for state government, and was thinking about heading up there if I can all of my chores done between now and then. 🤞🏻

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Figures. I’ll miss you again. We are switching it up tomorrow because I want to wakeboard on some smooth water. We are going out of Dorsey Park boat launch in Delta PA on the Susquehanna River above the Conowingo Dam. It’s a great spot and only a few minutes further of a drive from my house then it is to Mariner Point.

Heads up for Mariner Point. The marina next to it closed and the paddle board/ kayak shop is now operating right at the ramp. The folks that run it are great but just watch out for the paddle boarders sitting in the middle of the no wake zone when you first head out. They will just look at you and not make any effort to give you any space.
We noticed the kayak shop our first trip out. I hope they inform their customers to use the kayak ramp and not the boat ramps.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Well, yesterday marks the second time we have been passed in the small 6 knot channel, returning to mariner point. This JA was blowing his horn right after the railroad bridge. I thought I heard the horn but dismissed it and then later, my wife said she thought she heard it as well. Tide was out and it was quite shallow in the open area. I maintained direction/course and if he wanted to go around, outside of the channel was available. He waited to closer to the ramp to finally make his move at .9 mph faster. Stupid

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Anyone going out today? Probably heading to havre de grace to cool off.