• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Upper Chesapeake Yamaha Run?

What date(s) work best for you?

• 6/4

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 6/11

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 6/25

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
How is the marina at Mariner Point? Is it busy, congested? We usually go out through Wilson Point, but man it gets crazy there.

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
How is the marina at Mariner Point? Is it busy, congested? We usually go out through Wilson Point, but man it gets crazy there.
Busy but not bad. We have had a few times where parking was getting close to full. This year that hasn't happened yet. Plenty of parking. Wilson pt gets stupid. Nothing anywhere near that

steveinmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I’ve never been, but it does bring out some awesome speed boats on the bay. Lees Landing on the Susquehanna is one of the stops for the poker run. Boats dock up 4 deep at the Lee’s Landing dock.
Talked to some people that hang out at battery and they said they had front rows seats for last year's poker run, anchored at the island. They go through the channel right there.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Yea there was some pretty serious rigs out there. Commercial size tractors pulling monster trailers. These boats were no joke. We spent the day watching from HMI. Water was murky and rough, most likely due to the races and extra people going out watching, but still a good day. We swung out to Maryland Marine to check out a slip we want to lease for the rest of the summer. Very cool spot, right at Sunset Cove restaurant. Found out the boat must be bottom painted to slip it in the bay, I didn't want to paint this one. Nice day out though, next time we will try Mariners.

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
BTW, This was at Mariner Point this weekend.... 448917169_832217565457496_3610241115910815085_n.jpg

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Btw, that's NOT me LoL

1BadTundra

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
I have no idea, a buddy was meeting us out there, he sent me this pic on FB... He was headed to Mariners when he saw this.

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went there Sunday afternoon for the first time and really liked it. It wasn't busy at all but it was on the windy side so conditions weren't great once you got to open water. Locals who can be more picky may have stayed away. Bathrooms were nice and there was plenty of parking. You can't park in the closest lot if you aren't from MD but there is another lot that is open to all and still very close. I would definitely come here again.

We typically go to Conowingo Reservoir and do watersports but I wanted to test the boat for the first time this year before July 4th vacation and I wanted to actually go somewhere. We traveled down to Hart-Miller Island which was about 12 miles.

Steve73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went there Sunday afternoon for the first time and really liked it. It wasn't busy at all but it was on the windy side so conditions weren't great once you got to open water. Locals who can be more picky may have stayed away. Bathrooms were nice and there was plenty of parking. You can't park in the closest lot if you aren't from MD but there is another lot that is open to all and still very close. I would definitely come here again.

We typically go to Conowingo Reservoir and do watersports but I wanted to test the boat for the first time this year before July 4th vacation and I wanted to actually go somewhere. We traveled down to Hart-Miller Island which was about 12 miles.
How was the trip down to HMI?

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How was the trip down to HMI?
Would have been a breeze on calm water but waves were anywhere from 2-4' so it took a lot longer. I could have dealt with going faster but my wife and 4 year old wouldn't have liked it. We only averaged about 15 mph. I'm sure we'll do it again but be pickier about the weather.