• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vectors

Tims Ford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone have Thrust and lateral vectors?
How do they work for your boat ?
I do have the cobra vectors on my boat now
Thoughts ??

Tims Ford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
242 limited s e

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like mine, as well. But the Cobra's vs TV's is one of the oldest debates on the board here. Might as well be Hatfields and the McCoys...

Tims Ford

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just called cobra
Had a long discussion with the owner. The vectors might need to be adjusted
They were installed when I bought the boat
thanks

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have Thrust and lateral vectors?
How do they work for your boat ?
I do have the cobra vectors on my boat now
Thoughts ??
I have both the TV and LT and love it. Wife has been learning how to drive the boat and since getting both she has been more confident at slow speeds where she wasn't prior. The LT's made a great addition for control around the dock. Yes, you can use the twin engines to do similar maneuvers but the LT's make it easier.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are thrust vectors a good idea for new boaters? I have a Yamaha FSH195 Sport. Haven’t gotten it on the water yet!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Are thrust vectors a good idea for new boaters? I have a Yamaha FSH195 Sport. Haven’t gotten it on the water yet!
Enhanced steering is a good idea for everyone. Do your research between both brands and make your choice.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve just learned the FSH 195 comes with vectors

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve just learned the FSH 195 comes with vectors
Your probably confusing the articulating keel for aftermarket steering fins.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your probably confusing the articulating keel for aftermarket steering fins.
Ah yes. They did call it a keel in a video I saw. With that said, are vectors still necessary? Sounded like maneuverability with the keel was good

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ah yes. They did call it a keel in a video I saw. With that said, are vectors still necessary? Sounded like maneuverability with the keel was good
Learn to drive the boat as is first. Then if you want better control do your research and go with the solution that fits your needs. Cobra's are made of aluminum and provide the most control at slow speed and high speeds. Thrust Vectors are plastic and only provide more control at slow speeds.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Learn to drive the boat as is first. Then if you want better control do your research and go with the solution that fits your needs. Cobra's are made of aluminum and provide the most control at slow speed and high speeds. Thrust Vectors are plastic and only provide more control at slow speeds.
What he said.

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The biggest complaint I hear is speed bleed-off in turns ,bow wander all the time, and loss of steering if you rapidly reduce your speed in a turn. My super ultimate ak-19 deluxe handles all that and more. The current buy direct discount price is $268.99 with free domestic shipping. here is a post from a customer who just tried them on his 19 foot Yamaha jet boat.
Timothy Wild

I’m not one for writing endorsements but I wanted to take a minute to thank Jeff and Cobra jet steering for such an outstanding product. I looked at JBP TV’s and they seemed a little flimsy by comparison to the CJS product. I race airplanes and do aerobatics at airshows and I don’t want to strap anything onto my vessels that isn’t completely solid. That being said I got to try my new super ultimate ak deluxe with mega fang plus upgrade and an EZ lock for good measure in the Gulf of Mexico today and WOW! Normally I would have to pretty much continuously be turning my steering wheel to keep somewhat on track, today I was hands off…literally. Underway it’s like doing a perfectly straight hole shot and tracks perfect WOT. Coming into the dock I was maneuvering better than the guys with triple engines. To me, this is how it was meant to be and I can’t say enough about Jeff’s customer service…I called him after 7:30PM on a Friday night and he was there for me to double check my work…I really can’t say thank you enough.

Last edited: