• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

VIDEO OF THE SCARAB LINE UP AT THE TORONTO BOAT SHOW

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 said it well, and I ain't got no dog in this fight either, but in that there video up at the top, Steve (from Scarab) himself - at :38 says, "...BRP Power,...Seadoo Power, Seadoo Dash.."

So I'd be inclined to think that it's a new iteration of the SeaDoo boat.

It makes perfect sense and it happens very often in the boat industry. Especially among small builders out here in California. Boat molds are bought and sold all the time.

Why would Scarab want to invest in an entirely new design and all the engineering, testing and tooling that goes along with it, just to test the water in a new to them marketplace? If it takes off for them then you can expect bigger and better things - I would imagine.

Years ago I purchased a small line of center console boats - lock, stock and barrel. All the molds, all the inventory of parts, but not the company or the name and none of the debt. The guy who owned it was having a tough time making any money and he was too old to keep trying. Needless to say, he was delighted with whatever he could get for his inventory.
I gave the boat a new name, made a few, gave a few away and ultimately sold the whole shebang for a little more than I had in it. Too much work for little return if you ask me. :cool:

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
There are over half a million Rotax engines on the water today. How's that for reliability?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There are over half a million Rotax engines on the water today. How's that for reliability?
Oh yea.... There are Millions of Yamaha engine on planet today..! boom! Plus Toyota bought shares in Yamaha just to utilize Yamaha's engine manufacturing.. Double Boom!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
THE OWNER OF SCARAB BOAT, FOUR WINNS AND GLASTRON.....
www.beneteau.com/
130 YEARS MAKIN BOATS..... ;)
More like "130 YEARS of Buying and Selling Boat Brands"..... Four Winns, Glastron, Wellcraft, and Scarab were all either out of business of heading that way until Platinum bought the brands and since has sold to Beneteau Group. Which will likely try to revitalize the brands and sell them off here in a few years. Again nothing against any of these companies.

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh yea.... There are Millions of Yamaha engine on planet today..! boom! Plus Toyota bought shares in Yamaha just to utilize Yamaha's engine manufacturing.. Double Boom!
WOW BRAVO.... BUT YOU KNOW. THEY SELL MORE COROLLA THAN CADILLAC TOO..and is your throttle sticking like on the corolla ;)... I consider my 215 like the cadillac of the jet boat for 2014.. triple boom, ;)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Beneteau is an outstanding Yacht builder...a boat I will never be able to afford.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
More like "130 YEARS of Buying and Selling Boat Brands"..... Four Winns, Glastron, Wellcraft, and Scarab were all either out of business of heading that way until Platinum bought the brands and since has sold to Beneteau Group. Which will likely try to revitalize the brands and sell them off here in a few years.
WOW BRAVO.... BUT YOU KNOW. THEY SELL MORE COROLLA THAN CADILLAC TOO..and is your throttle sticking like on the corolla ;)... I consider my 215 like the cadillac of the jet boat for 2014.. triple boom, ;)
They also sell more Corollas than Suzuki too, you sure yours is a Cadillac and not a Suzuki?

Last edited:

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
THE OWNER OF SCARAB BOAT, FOUR WINNS AND GLASTRON.....
www.beneteau.com/
130 YEARS MAKIN BOATS..... ;)
Well, I don't quite know where you're going with that or where you're taking this thread for that matter, but Beneteau bought Rec Boat Holdings in JUNE....OF THIS YEAR!

Do you really think they had any input into these boats?

Besides, it's the first time they have been involved with motorboats under 12 meters. They are renown for their beautiful sailing yachts...and I've sailed a few, and they are fine. Very fine. They also own Jeanneau, Lagoon, Prestige and Monte Carlo brands. And they build houses too. Big Company.

And if you don't subscribe to the trade news, the story behind Rec Boat Holdings: it was formed by Platinum Equity (money) in 2010 after it purchased the brands out of the Genmar Holdings bankruptcy.
Genmar owned Wellcraft, who owned Scarab. Back in the day, Genmar built over 300 models of boats at nine manufacturing locations in the United States and Canada. They had long arms in the industry.

It's all business at that level.

So you know there wasn't a lot of cash being thrown around while they were doing a turnaround.

Johmas50

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I seldom comment on these types of threads, but is the OP just being a troll or what? I love the new boat brands, and I am very glad to have owners of these new brands on the board, showing all of us what is new in the market, they are proud of their boats, and they should be. The new Scarabs are awesome, and from what I've seen the other new jet boat manufacturers are building solid products as well. I think we are all proud of what we have and really love to show our boats off to the board. Having input from owners of all jet boat brands is one of my favorite things about this board vs the board which shall not be named, but it seems like everything this new dude has posted since he appeared on the board has been negative, it really ruins the mood. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I seldom comment on these types of threads, but is the OP just being a troll or what? I love the new boat brands, and I am very glad to have owners of these new brands on the board, showing all of us what is new in the market, they are proud of their boats, and they should be. The new Scarabs are awesome, and from what I've seen the other new jet boat manufacturers are building solid products as well. I think we are all proud of what we have and really love to show our boats off to the board. Having input from owners of all jet boat brands is one of my favorite things about this board vs the board which shall not be named, but it seems like everything this new dude has posted since he appeared on the board has been negative, it really ruins the mood. Just my 2 cents.
You know I just post a video about the lineup they present at the Toronto boat show. Dont have any control on peoples who bash as soon as its not a Yams. Just sayin. And for those who are interested, they put the see doo dash because its a part of the engine with the computer of the engine who control all the mode you can have.

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Well, I don't quite know where you're going with that or where you're taking this thread for that matter, but Beneteau bought Rec Boat Holdings in JUNE....OF THIS YEAR!

Do you really think they had any input into these boats?

Besides, it's the first time they have been involved with motorboats under 12 meters. They are renown for their beautiful sailing yachts...and I've sailed a few, and they are fine. Very fine. They also own Jeanneau, Lagoon, Prestige and Monte Carlo brands. And they build houses too. Big Company.

And if you don't subscribe to the trade news, the story behind Rec Boat Holdings: it was formed by Platinum Equity (money) in 2010 after it purchased the brands out of the Genmar Holdings bankruptcy.
Genmar owned Wellcraft, who owned Scarab. Back in the day, Genmar built over 300 models of boats at nine manufacturing locations in the United States and Canada. They had long arms in the industry.

It's all business at that level.

So you know there wasn't a lot of cash being thrown around while they were doing a turnaround.
I know all the story, the pres Roch Lambert is from thetford mines .qc. and its about 25miles from my home. The point is that beneteau would had never bought scarab if it was a piece of shit, because they just made high class stuff. They believe in the products, it met their quality standard and its a great way for them to be present in a smaller boat creno. AND ALSO..as a criteria for me when I buy something, it a must if its made in north america(Canada or Usa), its makin our peoples working, that why I also buy an Harley-Davidson, a Vette, and my cars and my Ram are all made here. Have a great day

Simon Bedard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did not talk about the Yams, just talk about my Scarab

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
+1 Dont feed the troll....

Threads started by @Simon Bedard:

https://jetboaters.net/threads/rotax-engine.3477/unread

https://jetboaters.net/threads/video-of-the-scarab-line-up-at-the-toronto-boat-show.3465/

https://jetboaters.net/posts/57835/

https://jetboaters.net/threads/the-scarab-advantage-scarab-195-vs-yamaha-192.3466/

A quick search would have revealed that all of these topics/content have been covered before.

Online arguments involving parties that are entrenched/bias in their own purchases just make for a bunch of yelling and hurt feelings. Move on...

We get it, you like your scarab. Thats awesome, lets all get along.