• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Almost 8 months to the day from placing our order and our Wake Booster arrived yesterday. Received only the 3rd one arrive here in Minneapolis.

Everything was as promised and I was impressed by how light the aluminum booster is. Will try it out this weekend and report back.

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
After several months of the ship date being pushed back, mine arrived today. I will also not be able to use until the weekend. It will be interesting to see how it does. I also ordered two double 6.5 kicker enclosures and a 4x100 wetsounds amp. Going to be a busy weekend.

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First day with the wake booster.

Winning combination so far:
Both rear internal ballast full. Empty ski locker. 540 bag centered on the top swim platform.
Wife and four small kids = less than 400 lbs people.

210 lbs, 37 yo, cwb ride board, 14’ water depth

Pictures provided in subsequent posts.
Video here:

I am able to surf ropeless carving for a very long period of time. I used to run an additional 1000 lb bag on the rear floor but with the wake booster I do not need that bag and my wave is nearly as big. That 1000 lb bag was a pain in the ass to fill and drain with a big and impatient family in the boat - no more.

I’m done spending money and time on tuning the wave. I’m happy where it’s at and my neighbor 2 slips down just got a new VLX with all the options and has no idea how to use it and insists that I go out with him every time.

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
the instagram account is private, can't see the video

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
First day with the wake booster.

Winning combination so far:
Both rear internal ballast full. Empty ski locker. 540 bag centered on the top swim platform.
Wife and four small kids = less than 400 lbs people.

210 lbs, 37 yo, cwb ride board.

Video here:
http://instagr.am/p/BydhFJchLe1dLkxSwBnXd9KPd74W4cKP_L--OA0/

I am able to surf ropeless carving for a very long period of time. I used to run an additional 1000 lb bag on the rear floor but with the wake booster I do not need that bag and my wave is nearly as big. That 1000 lb bag was a pain in the ass to fill and drain with a big and impatient family in the boat - no more.

I’m done spending money and time on tuning the wave. I’m happy where it’s at and my neighbor 2 slips down just got a new VLX with all the options and has no idea how to use it and insists that I go out with him every time.
Curious - did you try and use ski locker ballast and if so what characteristic of the wake improved by emptying it?

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Curious - did you try and use ski locker ballast and if so what characteristic of the wake improved by emptying it?
Hmm. If you have any suggestions how to make the video/post itself public let me know. I want nothing to do with social media so used my wife’s. I used this process in the past and it worked so if any of you instagram junkies can let me know what I need to do I will try it.

I started with the locker ballast at 85%, the. 50% then 25% and then zero. The wave was too long with the locker ballast and not enough push.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hmm. If you have any suggestions how to make the video/post itself public let me know. I want nothing to do with social media so used my wife’s. I used this process in the past and it worked so if any of you instagram junkies can let me know what I need to do I will try it.

I started with the locker ballast at 85%, the. 50% then 25% and then zero. The wave was too long with the locker ballast and not enough push.
Sorry I don’t use instagram so have no idea.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That might be the issue. I think you can see it if you have Instagram.
I'm on Instagram and it won't allow me to view it. Your wife's account itself is private and she would have to remove the private account restriction from her Instagram for those who she does not allow follow her to view it. Either that or she grants access to 100 new jetboat followers... either option might not be very preferable to her.

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm on Instagram and it won't allow me to view it. Your wife's account itself is private and she would have to remove the private account restriction from her Instagram for those who she does not allow follow her to view it. Either that or she grants access to 100 new jetboat followers... either option might not be very preferable to her.
If someone that has a YouTube channel and wanted to PM me, I can text them the video to post on the channel. I really do not want a YouTube channel is my issue.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Maybe as plan B you can just post a screen capture of an optimal point in the video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YamaPissed

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
As an aside, I did not like the surfboard that came with the package. The rope is very nice however.

The board is just too wide and felt a bit clumsy.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can’t say I have a winning combination, but first time out surfing (ever) and first time with the booster. Friend went ropeless. Time to fine tune the system.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@YamaPissed, post the video to YouTube then you can imbed it here or just post the link.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for sharing. That's a good looking wave!

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
As an aside, I did not like the surfboard that came with the package. The rope is very nice however.

The board is just too wide and felt a bit clumsy.
Huh, I’m no expert but I have the same board you have and rode the new board that came with the package and was really impressed. If you decide to sell it, pm me.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody ever put steel/lead weight in the wet storage lockers vs. the swim deck?