• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks. I guess I do see it mounted on both sides in the pics further up the thread. Is the video above with the Wake Booster?
Yeah it can be mounted on either side, you mount on the side you will be surfing.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Per the FB post, it had wake booster.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don't think this is delaying convergence because typically that involves altering the opposite side of the surf wave. I think this is mainly like Scarab where it gives a path for water to come around and push away jet wash/spray. You mount it on the side you are surfing on. You don't install one on each side although that would be interesting to see what it would look like but my guess just a mess of wash in the middle. I don't think you would want to run this on your boat without forgetting to remove it. Looks to be welded steel construction so it should be stout but I would not want that trying to catch water above surfing speeds.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think this would be in the water at planning speeds. It appears to be aluminum based upon the weld beads. Appears to be 3/16 or 1/4 for the top plate and angle supports with a smaller gauge for the scoop. I am going to try and make my own but not sure when I will get to it.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The first one of us to purchase this thing should post up the instructions and all the associated cautions and warnings that come with it... lol.
It’s hard to tell by the pics but at plane speeds it just might be far enough back and up out of the water enough to run without removing. Or maybe not... if not from the video demo I’ve seen installing it, it looks to be very quick & easy to install and remove without getting in the water. I can remove the wedge without getting in but it’s not all that easy and definitely not install it without getting in.
I love the idea of having surfable wake without stepping and crawling over extra ballest bags hogging up the swim platform. Definiatly will be interesting to see and hear from us real world users.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t think this would be in the water at planning speeds. It appears to be aluminum based upon the weld beads. Appears to be 3/16 or 1/4 for the top plate and angle supports with a smaller gauge for the scoop. I am going to try and make my own but not sure when I will get to it.
I agree it is aluminum, but I think it will most definitely drag under the boat on plane. From the pics I saw, it sticks down quite a bit (past the transom/bottom of the hull).
I would think it would need to be disassembled/uninstalled to cruise.

--

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I wonder if it will still fit on boats fitted with trim tabs... will the actuators be in the way?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if it will still fit on boats fitted with trim tabs... will the actuators be in the way?
Hopefully. Assuming the design like the one chosen by most here (including my) with Lectrotab short actuators and 9" chord Tabs. That design was meant to accommodate the Wake Wedge keeping U-tie downs accessible. The actuators are in-ward of the U-tie downs, so hopefully out of the way of the Wake Booster that wraps around the outside.
But - impossible to tell without the exact measurements, and the Booster location under the platform is recessed quite a bit...

--

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone know if we’ll be able to order through sites like partzilla.com?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
From what I can see the trim tab could be an issue. It depends on how far inboard your tabs are. The booster is about 28 inches wide and its sort of curved. It extends from the edge of the hull inward following a curved arch. Overall length installed from outside edge to inside edge I'd guess to be 20 inches or so.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My local dealer just called and confirmed what we have heard. The Wakebooster can only be ordered with the 2019 watercraft order. It is actually a stand alone line item on the order form like it is a watercraft and not an accessory, thus there is no part number listed yet. It cannot be ordered stand alone, only as a package. And it will not ship until early Feb. 2019. MSRP of $999.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
My local dealer just called and confirmed what we have heard. The Wakebooster can only be ordered with the 2019 watercraft order. It is actually a stand alone line item on the order form like it is a watercraft and not an accessory, thus there is no part number listed yet. It cannot be ordered stand alone, only as a package. And it will not ship until early Feb. 2019. MSRP of $999.
Are you saying it is a package in the sense that it is package with the boat and can't be bought standalone, or package as in package with a rope and board so the booster package can be bought stand alone just not without the rope and board?

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Are you saying it is a package in the sense that it is package with the boat and can't be bought standalone, or package as in package with a rope and board so the booster package can be bought stand alone just not without the rope and board?
A package with a board and rope. He didn't say if there was a limit on what he could order, but he did indicate that the boosters could be ordered without being assigned to a boat.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We’ll see. I believe it when I see it.

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A package with a board and rope. He didn't say if there was a limit on what he could order, but he did indicate that the boosters could be ordered without being assigned to a boat.
I stopped into River Valley this past Friday and got pretty much the same info.
The whole package booster, board and rope is $999.
They placed an order for 80 of them and will have a time frame this week as to when they will be available.
You also don’t need to buy a 2019 boat to get the package.

NORCAL-GAS

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yep, I’m not believing the “have to buy a boat” to buy the package.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way this is going to fit, after I looked again at my tabs!
My tabs can be partially dismounted and braced up/out of the way, but - will it be worth it?

I can't wait to see more info. I'm sure Wake Booster works, but I'm skeptical about it working better than what's already out there.

--

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No way this is going to fit, after I looked again at my tabs!
My tabs can be partially dismounted and braced up/out of the way, but - will it be worth it?

I can't wait to see more info. I'm sure Wake Booster works, but I'm skeptical about it working better than what's already out there.

--
I like my trim tabs too much to mess with them for this. So if it doesn’t fit I’ll keep using the wake wedge which at least we know works. After the surfpointe marketing bs I’ve become more skeptical.