• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here. My dealer has me on an unofficial "list" for when they become available but nothing close to having one ordered yet. If you find out something different please let us know.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HHughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RightStuff get the custom swim deck and it will wake up that wave better than that 650 bag on your top deck. The custom bag puts the weight all the way to the outer corner of the boat better than just putting weight on the upper swim platform. Big difference and weight placement is key! My custom 490lb bag throws a better wave than when I had 1400 lbs on the boat and these pics I didn't even have the bag completely full lol.

View attachment 82957 View attachment 82958
Where can you get the swim deck bag?

HHughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RightStuff get the custom swim deck and it will wake up that wave better than that 650 bag on your top deck. The custom bag puts the weight all the way to the outer corner of the boat better than just putting weight on the upper swim platform. Big difference and weight placement is key! My custom 490lb bag throws a better wave than when I had 1400 lbs on the boat and these pics I didn't even have the bag completely full lol.

View attachment 82957 View attachment 82958
Did you have anything else besides the swim platform bag? Wake shaper or other ballast?

HHughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HHughes just the swim deck bag
@haknslash thats great. I’ve got the same AR192 and would like to try this setup. The wave looks great, was it able to produce enough push to go ropeless? Thanks for all of the info. Just got in on jetboaters and it’s got some great stuff on here, thank y’all.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@HHughes I haven’t been able to go ropeless yet but with a slight turn it gives enough push to get slack in the rope. At that point skill and finding the sweet spot needs to take over. I’ve got pics on here somewhere showing the slack I get and I weigh 230 lbs so not a small guy lol.

Edit - here are some pics last time I tried the bag out with a buddy of mine driving who couldn’t really get smooth throttle inputs with a jet drive. He needs practice for sure but you can see the slack I can get. I could probably toss the rope that day but called it early after nearly losing my finger in the rope when I fell on a run.

54F61E87-4B87-4F98-98AD-0B21BEBDD6EF.jpeg F7037B6A-4BEC-41FB-AD70-477610FA097A.jpeg 16AFEE67-BE15-4604-85BB-5709C7620F8E.jpeg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is a great looking wave. What else did you have other than that swim deck bag? Any wake shaper or other ballast?
Thanks - just the Gatlin Wake Wedge and their swim deck bag and another standard bag in the ski locker, that's it - and here is Jerry approving of his creation, lol.
Note how far out the surfer is! It's a serious wave.
upload_2018-12-10_22-11-45.png

And here is another clip from early Summer:

--

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if others have seen this or if its been mentioned but first I have seen that Yamaha is now selling their new wake-booster-packaged Slingshot surfboard as standalone on ShopYamaha site for $599.99. Thought it was interesting they broke it out from the package.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/slingshot-coaster-5-3-wakesurf-board?dealernumber=&ri=true
Interesting! The same board (Slingshot "Coaster" 5'3") is also available on Slingshot's site minus the Yamaha branding for $549.
https://www.slingshotsports.com/2019-Coaster?quantity=1&custcol17=102

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't know how you could say without riding one. I will say this, I picked up a phase 5 Wire on sale towards the end of last season. It's not the most nimble board, but man is it fast. I'm not a small guy (6' 230lbs) and I went from really working to stay in the pocket (ropeless on a cheaper board), to riding my back foot to stay off the swim platform. Amazing difference.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ha! So that must be $50 Yamaha sticker on there. :)
I guess that makes it a $105 dollar sticker... :greedy:

So... what do you guys think? Is it really the best board, for our small-ish wakes?

--
It very well may be...? However, I'm content to wait until those awaiting their Booster packages give their opinions. I've also already have 3 surfers and surf foil that I think are going to great fun when paired with the wedge and transom ballast.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So... what do you guys think? Is it really the best board, for our small-ish wakes?

--
Yeah who knows, but sounds like quite a bit of back and forth effort happened between SlingShot and Yamaha brain trusts to make it that. It will be interesting to find out how well it works as people start trying it out this spring.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As was previously posted, good captain Steve Larivee (BoatTest) seemed to do just fine hanging out in the pocket...

Screenshot_20181212-220843_YouTube.jpg