• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Booster

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Update to the story. Original dealer in Tracy said that the WakeBooster was no longer available and needed to credit back the price. Called the Dealer in Rocklin and they said that they only ordered 5 of them for this year and those were gone and that Yamaha won't even allow them to order more until August or September. He made it sound like they get to order for the year kind of like what they do for boats, and when those are gone, they are gone.

So, the morale of the story: if you want a Wake Booster, call around and find a dealer who has one in stock. Otherwise, it'll be next year.
I guess I’m lucky to be one of the few to have one here. Sorry for your unfortunately circumstance.

I’ll sell you mine for 5x the amount? 😂

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
No there's the luv! :rolleyes:

But called Mission Motorsports and they are shipping one up.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What did the dealer in Irvine say - he had a few 24' booster models

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the note. I thought it was strange that they are no longer available, but are still listed on the Yamaha web page. 1 + 1 = 3 anyone? I'll call them when they open at 10.

I was dealing with Tracy Motorsports. If they don't have it, I'll call Rocklin or Irvine and see if they can ship it to me.
Received mine from RiverCity Boat Sales (Portland) last week. Had them ship it to me.

Heard Rocklin only had the 212 available. Last time I spoke to Tracy they never received any.

rickt61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
So need your help. I just tested a 2019 212x . Had my wife, the salesman who is easy 240 pads and myself 230. They were nice enough to let me bring s friend to try to surf behind the boat. Filled all the ballast tanks to 100 % and no matter wihat speed we tried he could not let go of the rope because he didn’t have enough push. Before you ask he is a very good surfer and has been doing it for some time. So I guess my question is what do you need to do to surf behind the 212x? Does the wakebooster make that much of a difference? Do you need more ballast? Thanks for you help, I don’t want to pull the trigger on one until I know we can really surf behind it.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In my opinion the wake booster is everything. Like Wakesetter and their wedge, it’s a must and game changer. My whole family was ropeless at the lake today within 1 min of getting up and riding for 2-5 minutes at a time as judged by how many songs they made it through on their playlists :)

rickt61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thank you for the reply. So you have not added any ballast besides what the 212 comes with?

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So need your help. I just tested a 2019 212x . Had my wife, the salesman who is easy 240 pads and myself 230. They were nice enough to let me bring s friend to try to surf behind the boat. Filled all the ballast tanks to 100 % and no matter wihat speed we tried he could not let go of the rope because he didn’t have enough push. Before you ask he is a very good surfer and has been doing it for some time. So I guess my question is what do you need to do to surf behind the 212x? Does the wakebooster make that much of a difference? Do you need more ballast? Thanks for you help, I don’t want to pull the trigger on one until I know we can really surf behind it.
I have a 2019 212X, the wake booster and a fat sac for the swim deck. I’m also 290lbs and can not only surf but I can surf rope less. It took me 2 months to fine tune it all, but once you dial it in, it’s amazing. Currently my set up consist of 30% on the port side, full 750lbs fat sac on the surfers side, 35% on the star board side, and roughly 700lbs of Humans in the boat with our speed at 11 mph.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have a 242x and run with an additional 500-600 of steel weight. We can go ropeless without, but the wake has a lot more push with it and only our family in the boat (wife & 3 small kids). With guests we shed 200lbs usually. We also don’t fill our center ballast much 50% or non surf side 0%.

Multiple friends that are actually Wakesetter ambassadors also use 600lb of steel weight to tune their wake in. Par for the course in my opinion.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have 2017 212X - you need something to clean up the wake (Yamaha WakeBooster or Gantlin WakeWedge) but you also need to add about 700-800lbs on the corner of the swim platform. The Gantlin custom swim deck bag (750lbs) works perfect for this. I tried a lot of different things and until I had the Yamaha Booster and the Gantlin custom bag there just wasn't enough push for anyone more than 120lbs. My son and daughter could drop the rope with just the Booster and stock ballast but not me, took the Gatlin bag to drop the rope for me.

Last edited:

rickt61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Wow sounds like you have it dialed in for sure. Thank you for responding. I really wanted to buy the 212x but after seeing the wave I didn’t think it would be worth it. Happy to hear that it’s possible because we love the layout of the boat. Thank you again.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow sounds like you have it dialed in for sure. Thank you for responding. I really wanted to buy the 212x but after seeing the wave I didn’t think it would be worth it. Happy to hear that it’s possible because we love the layout of the boat. Thank you again.
These boats are special as far as the design and I would NOT buy one specifically to wake surf, but I also wouldn't give up too easily if surfing is just one of the activities. The best wake generated by a Yamaha can be on par with many dedicated wake boats. It is common for even the most expensive wake boats to still need and use aftermarket ballast.

You can throw a decent wave without the booster or the wedge, @bobbie here has shown us plenty of pictures, with just swim deck ballast.

These boats have a recessed transom and the "rear locker" ballast ends up being more mid-ship. Large amount of ballast on the swim deck is a must. The best way to accomplish this that we know of is with the Gatlin custom Transom Ballast bag.

With some aftermarket mods you can have an adult of any size surf ropeless behind those boats.
The main limitation as I see it is in switching sides, that has been proven to be a PIA. If your crew can all agree on surfing on one side only (be it regular or goofy) - you are in good shape. If you need to switch sides often you may be better off looking elsewhere, IMO.

--

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
here‘s the wake I get after my setup. I don’t think I need it any bigger as it works completely perfect for me!

Attachments

rickt61

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes that definitely looks big enough. Thanks for posting the picture. Looks like a nice clean firm wave.

Rocket33

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2004 ar210. What can use for a surf wake . I don’t want suction cup attachments . I have a wrap . Please help !

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2004 ar210. What can use for a surf wake . I don’t want suction cup attachments . I have a wrap . Please help !
I would recommend the Gantlin Products Wake Wedge. The wake booster isn't compatible with your model. The suction cup versions don't really work for jets either, as they force counter steer washing out the effects of the delayed convergence.
@jcyamaharider is the guy to help get your setup together. I've got done great deals on boards. When your ready, shoot me a message and I'll get you a discount code.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We will be running a Black Friday sale when the time gets closer.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length