• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake foil build

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Base plate is attached. Lots of clean up required. Tried to do the whole thing in one go...bad idea i think. But it will cure as one piece. It needs a few more layers on the mast to the plate. 20180517_104632.jpg

Attachments

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No video to show yet. The small board I used first was a total failure. Attached it to the slingshot board and managed to get airborne for a moment or 2. Wife was not cooperating with boat driving so that was that.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hold my beer
I love it.

Any concerns over rigidity......as in do you think aluminum will flex less than the carbon/fiberglass that is typically used? Just curious as this looks amazing.

Also, Thinkpads are the best.

satovod

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love it.

Any concerns over rigidity......as in do you think aluminum will flex less than the carbon/fiberglass that is typically used? Just curious as this looks amazing.

Also, Thinkpads are the best.
This is russian space-grade forged alloy V95, something like US 7075T6 but a little rigid and stronger.