• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wake Foil (Poll on Group Buy Interest?)

Who's interested in a group buy on a Slingshot Hoverglide (wake foil)?

• My spouse said no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm hoping they post in the next week, I don't know for sure how long they'll want to run the sell. What would your suggestion be for a reasonable duration?
I think that would depend on how they do the group buy, if it is just a flat amount off after a certain number of people then I would assume a month or so. But if it is tiered then that makes it more difficult to figure out since at the end of the day I would think we all want the best deal we can get. It is a pretty expensive toy, so I can't imagine there will be a huge number of people joining but again that depends on kind of discount. Being optimistic, I am hoping for at least $300 off on the 2018 setup, as you can get a 2017 setup for $1400 or so, with the main difference that you can use the 2018 as a wake surf board as well.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think our thread has drifted downthe just off recent comments, I'm still hoping we can get the tally over 10 to make the group buy a worthy effort. We need a fleet of jetboater foilers!

I'm hoping they workout the details of the sale soon... meanwhile I'm trying to determine which FCSII fins will work best with the board for wakesurfing with it...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No kidding, as I posted the last message I got a reply from slingshot on the fins.

Here's the correspondence:

Sent: 4/12/2018
Subject: Fin Recommendation

Jared,

In the video, we were using the FCS II Carver Smalls. Here is a link to them:

https://surffcs.com/shop/surf-quads/fcs-ii-carver-gf-quad-rear-set

They are a ton of fun! We would recommend getting the smaller size. Medium will do alright as well.

Thanks,

Alex

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 4/11/2018
Subject: Fin Recommendation

What FCSII fins are recommended for wake surfing with the WF1 wake foil board. If none in particular are recommended, do you know which ones are being used in the 2018 promotional YouTube videos.

Thanks in advance,

Jared
This friend was also going to look into an account with FCS in order to distribute the funds as well.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, I've not been in a hurry to purchase my setup seeing as how I'm still at least a month away from sticking my toes in the still fridgid waters. But, I did hear back from my friend at R7 Watersports about the idea of hosting a group buy and she says they're on board with it. No word yet on what kind of deal they'll offer...? I'm not sure what kind of margins they're working with as a retailer. I'm hoping it'll be enough to tempt a few of us into purchasing.

I just see it as being a positive all the way around for our boats. Seeing @giroux68 video of his daughter on it I think proves it's not the crazy airchair of the past, but a stable family friendly toy they're all going to be fighting to ride...

I'll keep you all posted on the offer as I get details.
Wait, I loved the air chair. I got on it once as a kid and saw the other side of the lake.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wait, I loved the air chair. I got on it once as a kid and saw the other side of the lake.
Nice! I'm sure they are a blast... I'd give one a go if I ever had the opportunity... at least now, when I was a kid the looked crazy!

I was a late bloomer getting into skiing/boarding. Despite having boated my entire life I didn't build up the courage to try skiing until I was 12 (so much fun wasted :sorry:...).

Anyway, that's another story! I'm into about everything now. These foils I think are an item that are going to take hold quick, I predict it won't be long until we're seeing more and more of them.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm still hoping we see the deal soon. I just changed the oil and plugs today and I can feel the weather turning. It's got me jonesing pretty hard to get all my new toys in order and get in the water... I know some of you guys are a month into your season already... I've chatted my with my friend at R7 earlier this week, they were tied up making orders for their seasonal inventory. I'll check on a timeline and plans tomorrow.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does 25% off sound to you folks?? That's $400 off.

That would put it at $1200 pre tax. Shipping would be calculated separately depending on location. (Retailer is looking at a drop ship option direct from the manufacturer.)

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would be in for 1200. It would be nice to get estimated shipping. It shouldn't be to crazy, but you never know.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
$1200 I’m in!!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that with the fins and straps as well. I have not pulled the trigger on a surfboard yet. As I understand it with the right accesories this would be both a foil boad and a regular board?

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm in for $1200!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that with the fins and straps as well. I have not pulled the trigger on a surfboard yet. As I understand it with the right accesories this would be both a foil boad and a regular board?
That is the price for the Hoverglide package only. https://r7watersports.com/product/2018-slingshot-hoverglide-foil-wake-package/

I know they'd happily add the straps to the package (I'm not sure the cost), I need to probe further to see if they'll supply the fins upon request as those are a separate product thru FCS (https://surffcs.com/shop/surf-quads/fcs-ii-carver-gf-quad-rear-set). I am also hoping to add the H2 wing to my order for a little more effortless surfing.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Update: Slingshot will drop ship the boards directly for a flat rate of $140 :greedy: to anywhere in the continental US. Which is logistically the best option, as each of these require 2 packages each to ship and judging from those who are interested they'd be shipping to NY, FL, and WA.

NEW SHIPPED PRICE $1,340

Also, due to demand, Slingshot is estimating mid May for shipping.

Consensus:
1) Shipping is not a bargain
2) At 25% discount is still $259 less than I can find elsewhere...

R7 should be posting the sale soon.

(Still trying to get answers on accessories)

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ouch, yeah that shipping really hurts the deal but if we were already planning on buying one still saving some decent money. I know you mentioned shipped but any word on potential tax?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ouch, yeah that shipping really hurts the deal but if we were already planning on buying one still saving some decent money. I know you mentioned shipped but any word on potential tax?
The answer is they don't charge tax on internet sales. Bonus!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Too rich for my blood at this time. Where is the already over spent mod and toy budget this year and can’t afford a divorce so maybe next year voting option?

My mods/toys this year...
Ballast System
Stereo Upgrade
Fixed Vhf
Kegerator
Inverter
Two new wakeboards
New tube
New fenders
Swivel wakeboard racks
Fish rod/cup holders
Fin upgrade
Second RTIC cooler
Built in inflator
Push Button Start 2.0
All drain plumbing replaced
Sound Proofing
Gas strut for port storage seat
Soon to be trim tabs
Soon to be 14 gallon gas caddy

Anxious to see videos from those that get one.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too rich for my blood at this time. Where is the already over spent mod and toy budget this year and can’t afford a divorce so maybe next year voting option?

My mods/toys this year...
Ballast System
Stereo Upgrade
Fixed Vhf
Kegerator
Inverter
Two new wakeboards
New tube
New fenders
Swivel wakeboard racks
Fish rod/cup holders
Fin upgrade
Second RTIC cooler
Built in inflator
Push Button Start 2.0
All drain plumbing replaced
Sound Proofing
Gas strut for port storage seat
Soon to be trim tabs
Soon to be 14 gallon gas caddy

Anxious to see videos from those that get one.
That's alright @Mainah we forgive you this time... we know you'll be too drunk to foil this summer after your kegerator install anyway... But after all that, what's another $1,340 lol?!

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any updates on the group buy yet?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any updates on the group buy yet?
Unfortunately no... I sent a couple messages this past week and have yet to get a reply. The last update I received was a week ago that they were in the process of ordering the surf fins and getting pricing for straps. I know they had a trade show going on downtown this weekend, that's my guess as to why I've not heard anything.

She told me to stay on her case about it, so I bug her as much as I feel I politely can. I'm hopeful they'll get it going soon. I'm as anxious as anyone to get the thing... my boats getting wet tomorrow, so the season is here.

I'll let you know the second I hear anything. Sunday nights seems to be one of times I have frequently heard from her *fingers crossed*.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Up EARLY (3am) with my little one this morning and haven't been able to get back to sleep... So if course I'm here.

I got a message at 11pm from my friend saying "Let's start it tomorrow." Which "tomorrow" is now today... which also may have something to do with why I'm not asleep right now... I'll message her in a few hours and see what the strategy is.