• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard rack information review......

cameron.sprinkle

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok. I know there are numerous threads but I wanted to ask everyones opinion on their wakeboard racks. Looking to purchase some and with so many out there would like some help on deciding.

A little background. I am not a hard core wakeboarder. Just getting started. I am looking for a great value for money. Not looking to spend $1000 on them.

Please give an honest account of your experience and the brands you have used.

Thanks

I bought a quick release rack from Bullet Lines ($99 I think).

It looks and works great, and I don’t think I could justify buying anything more expensive. Being able to take it off easily for towing is a nice feature.

Ok. I know there are numerous threads but I wanted to ask everyones opinion on their wakeboard racks. Looking to purchase some and with so many out there would like some help on deciding.

A little background. I am not a hard core wakeboarder. Just getting started. I am looking for a great value for money. Not looking to spend $1000 on them.

Please give an honest account of your experience and the brands you have used.

Thanks
If you plan on carrying skis and wakeboards/light kneeboards only and don't need to swing those in, there are many options.
If you need a swivel, and add surf boards and some rough water into the mix, you will quickly find that there is no inexpensive rack that will make you happy.

I've had several over the years. The first one I really like/find easy to live with is the new OEM type
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-ar240-wakeboard-surfboard-tower-rack-a-beautiful-pair.12723/

Not cheap, not perfect, but overall - solid racks! I would buy those again, and again.

--

I have have two bulletline wakesurf racks with the swivel, great for the price.

I had version of these racks with the universal mounts. be careful with the universal clamps. best to get the ones directly from them with the clamps made just for your tower size. The only other thing i can say after owning these is that i found with just one bungee in the middle. the two pieces of the bungee tended to bunch in the middle of the board and had some boards almost fall out in choppier conditions. The racks I'm using now have a bungee per fork so they tend to stay separated and have double the holding power. I'll avoid sharing what racks i have cause of the price. IMHO the swivel is almost priceless and worth every dollar.

I had version of these racks with the universal mounts. be careful with the universal clamps. best to get the ones directly from them with the clamps made just for your tower size. The only other thing i can say after owning these is that i found with just one bungee in the middle. the two pieces of the bungee tended to bunch in the middle of the board and had some boards almost fall out in choppier conditions. The racks I'm using now have a bungee per fork so they tend to stay separated and have double the holding power. I'll avoid sharing what racks i have cause of the price. IMHO the swivel is almost priceless and worth every dollar.

No problem. Thanks for the input. You can list the racks you use. I know the swiveling portion of the rack will add a significant dollar amount. Not to say I am not going to look them as well.

If you plan on carrying skis and wakeboards/light kneeboards only and don't need to swing those in, there are many options.
If you need a swivel, and add surf boards and some rough water into the mix, you will quickly find that there is no inexpensive rack that will make you happy.

I've had several over the years. The first one I really like/find easy to live with is the new OEM type
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-ar240-wakeboard-surfboard-tower-rack-a-beautiful-pair.12723/

Not cheap, not perfect, but overall - solid racks! I would buy those again, and again.

--

As posted in the other threads, I bought the Monster Tower/XTP rack even though they call it a 2.5" for our 2 3/8" tower. They work great, and I saved over $100 off of the Yamaha rack. If you are on a lift and need to swivel, this is the way to go. If you don't need swivel, the bullet lines are solid. The monster swivel only seems to come in Surf/Wake.

I have the Samson Typhoon racks. Their swivel mechanism is VERY nice. butter smooth. They are also highly customizable. I have a Wake/Knee and a Wake/surf/Wake. They also sell just the forks. So i could change either one to any of the other configurations. They are very pricey. Not quite the price of the PTMs. IMHO... cry once. Tried all different kinds of cheaper racks. once your add swivels youre really not that far off from the Samsons.

another benefit of the swivel is the ability to easily swivel them in to Raft up at the beach. have done it the past two weekends.

www.samsonsports.com

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-tower-rack-saga.18368/

Last edited:
@cameron.sprinkle
The disconnect is a big knob that you unscrew to remove the rack, and the mount is left on the tower. There are a couple of indexing pins that are attached to the mount so it doesn’t wobble or rotate after you screw the knob down.

When you order the rack they will ask what diameter your tower is and will send you a correctly sized clamp.

Having a swivel mount would be nice, but even my 10-year old has no problem getting boards out of my rack.

I have the Samson Typhoon racks. Their swivel mechanism is VERY nice. butter smooth. They are also highly customizable. I have a Wake/Knee and a Wake/surf/Wake. They also sell just the forks. So i could change either one to any of the other configurations. They are very pricey. Not quite the price of the PTMs. IMHO... cry once. Tried all different kinds of cheaper racks. once your add swivels youre really not that far off from the Samsons.

another benefit of the swivel is the ability to easily swivel them in to Raft up at the beach. have done it the past two weekends.

www.samsonsports.com

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-tower-rack-saga.18368/
I also have the samson racks. Expensive but woth it.

There's several on the market and after having two boats and two types of racks, here's what I'd consider a MUST in a rack:
1). Get one with a bracket specifically for your tower diameter size. It'll just fit better long term.
2). Swivel racks are a must...otherwise it's a long reach around to insert/remove the boards. You can also swivel the rack in when towing.
3). multiple bungees mounting points are required as this will keep the boards in place better.
4). make sure there's at least one wider slot in the rack so you can put a surf board in the rack. Two narrow slots can limit you.

@cameron.sprinkle
The disconnect is a big knob that you unscrew to remove the rack, and the mount is left on the tower. There are a couple of indexing pins that are attached to the mount so it doesn’t wobble or rotate after you screw the knob down.

When you order the rack they will ask what diameter your tower is and will send you a correctly sized clamp.

Having a swivel mount would be nice, but even my 10-year old has no problem getting boards out of my rack.
I agree, even many MasterCraft ski/wake boats came with no-swivel racks. It can be an issue though in some docks.

--

The reborn racks come with universal clamps with the rubber inserts. Stay away.
I would tend to agree. Those work okay with their towers. Swivels are also not very sturdy.

--

There's several on the market and after having two boats and two types of racks, here's what I'd consider a MUST in a rack:
1). Get one with a bracket specifically for your tower diameter size. It'll just fit better long term.
2). Swivel racks are a must...otherwise it's a long reach around to insert/remove the boards. You can also swivel the rack in when towing.
3). multiple bungees mounting points are required as this will keep the boards in place better.
4). make sure there's at least one wider slot in the rack so you can put a surf board in the rack. Two narrow slots can limit you.

Good info.

Back