• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard tower cracks

@Gerrie I don't think that reinforcement is the issue. I believe that it's caused by the mounting holes not being chamfered. The cracks on mine were in the gelcoat not through into the fiberglass. It doesn't matter how much reinforcement you add, the gelcoat can still crack. I would think that you wouldn't want it to rigid, I would think that it need to allow for some flex.

Last edited:
I have see your pic that's good i think you put more information about wakeboard.

Williamsone46,I suspect (know) you are right. But you know that knee jerk reaction to a problem that leads to over engineering to prevent it from happening again. I'll be sure to chamfer the holes as well. Did it ever re-crack?

Williamsone46,I suspect (know) you are right. But you know that knee jerk reaction to a problem that leads to over engineering to prevent it from happening again. I'll be sure to chamfer the holes as well. Did it ever re-crack?

Strengthening it to might make it wore by not allowing it to flex it might not just crack the gel cost but rather the fiberglass.

It never did re crack. Still fine to this day. I don't own it still but I see it all the time.

Mm mm, good point. Maybe less is more. The fibreglass shop opens again next week. I'll talk to them. Two of mates, one an engineer, one owned about every kind of boat you can think of, agrees with you.

Back