• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Water concerts this summer?

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are a lot of videos and postings about open air boat events/concerts/live music, but we've never attended one. Does anyone know of any coming up this year somewhere in the Northernish - Mid-West?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While not a concert, per se, if you can make it up to WIsconsin, you can drop in on Lake Michigan at several launches in the area, and head over to the Summerfest grounds. Depending on what you might want to hear, you'd have to move up and down the shoreline around there, but you might just find it easier and more enjoyable to tie up and walk the grounds - the main stage (American Family Insurance Ampitheater) is the only stage you'd have to pay extra for, if you wanted to see someone playing there. Usually, that's the current headliner type of act, Dave Mathews Band is supposed to be playing September 15, for example. All the other stages are free with admission to the festival grounds, and if you've never been, there's enough that you just might want to plan for a few days or even the whole week.

It's been pushed back to September this year, but that's better than not having anything at all, like last year, and hopefully next year can get back to its typical spot in late June - early July. The other ethnic festivals are fun as well, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm partial to German Fest and Polish Fest, but they've got a few others that are tailored to specific heritages and celebrating said heritage.

Not sure if they're doing anything yet at the Leach Ampitheater in Oshkosh, WI, but if they bring back the concert series, that would be something to come to. Park on the water right next to the ampitheater, and there would be zero problems hearing whatever band is playing (I've seen Styx there, and just missed Ted Nugent and 38 Special due to my schedule, for instance). Thus far, nothing seems to be going forward, but that's something I keep an eye on, since it's only a 40-50 minute ride from my place.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
While not a concert, per se, if you can make it up to WIsconsin, you can drop in on Lake Michigan at several launches in the area, and head over to the Summerfest grounds. Depending on what you might want to hear, you'd have to move up and down the shoreline around there, but you might just find it easier and more enjoyable to tie up and walk the grounds - the main stage (American Family Insurance Ampitheater) is the only stage you'd have to pay extra for, if you wanted to see someone playing there. Usually, that's the current headliner type of act, Dave Mathews Band is supposed to be playing September 15, for example. All the other stages are free with admission to the festival grounds, and if you've never been, there's enough that you just might want to plan for a few days or even the whole week.

It's been pushed back to September this year, but that's better than not having anything at all, like last year, and hopefully next year can get back to its typical spot in late June - early July. The other ethnic festivals are fun as well, if you're into that sort of thing. I'm partial to German Fest and Polish Fest, but they've got a few others that are tailored to specific heritages and celebrating said heritage.

Not sure if they're doing anything yet at the Leach Ampitheater in Oshkosh, WI, but if they bring back the concert series, that would be something to come to. Park on the water right next to the ampitheater, and there would be zero problems hearing whatever band is playing (I've seen Styx there, and just missed Ted Nugent and 38 Special due to my schedule, for instance). Thus far, nothing seems to be going forward, but that's something I keep an eye on, since it's only a 40-50 minute ride from my place.
Awesome. Thanks! 6hr trip, but it sounds worth looking into.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Morse Reservoir in Cicero, IN has them every Friday from 6pm-9pm and some Saturdays.
Are you kidding me? I never new that, just moved to the Northside a few years ago. Go to Morse all the time, never knew this

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lake Shelbyville, IL has a very small Live Music presentation at their South Marina every Fri/Sat.