• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What’s up with your nickname (screen name)??

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’ve seen some unique names on here. Just wanted to get the story behind some of them if you care to share.

My first name is Beau and I have a long, you will never be able to pronounce it just by looking at it, last name. The first 3 letters r Sko. Ever since high school, Beau Sko has stuck!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mine started when I raced ATV motocross and flat track.... Red (honda) thumper (slang for a 4 stroke) 9 (riding number)

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Last name is Byrne (pronounced burn) and the wife decided to call our boat Sunbyrned. I wanted Byrnecurse because we’re plagued with bad luck, but I didn’t win.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Last name is Byrne (pronounced burn) and the wife decided to call our boat Sunbyrned. I wanted Byrnecurse because we’re plagued with bad luck, but I didn’t win.
Haha! Love it.

Twilight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Twilight was a name I chose when I was a little kid for gaming. I wanted something dark and mysterious lol. Many years have passed and it still stuck.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’ve seen some unique names on here. Just wanted to get the story behind some of them if you care to share.

My first name is Beau and I have a long, you will never be able to pronounce it just by looking at it, last name. The first 3 letters r Sko. Ever since high school, Beau Sko has stuck!
@BeauSko ......"My name is Beau and I have a long, you will never be able to"..........man at that point I wasn't sure where you were going!!!!! LOL. Of course you know what Beau is translated from French? :cool:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@sunbyrned .....gotta say I'm with your wife on that one - great name AND did you really want to tempt fate with the other name that we will not mention? :cool:

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@sunbyrned .....gotta say I'm with your wife on that one - great name AND did you really want to tempt fate with the other name that we will not mention? :cool:
Ha! The wife is usually (always) right. Byrnecurse is not a good name for out in the water.
What’s your story @Canuckjetboater ?

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@BeauSko ......"My name is Beau and I have a long, you will never be able to"..........man at that point I wasn't sure where you were going!!!!! LOL. Of course you know what Beau is translated from French? :cool:
HAHAAAAAAA!!! Man, I guess I need to start proofreading!

Twilight

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My first game name used to be BassGrabber because I loved to fish for bass as a kid. Later I realized the name was not the best XD. Swapped to twilight

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
My first game name used to be BassGrabber because I loved to fish for bass as a kid. Later I realized the name was not the best XD. Swapped to twilight
@Twilight .....oh yeah! I can see the possibility there, lose that first letter (consonant) and you're in "me too" territory LOL :cool:

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Started my first online trading account back in the '90s. Wishful thinking that I would eventually become a millionaire, so I tried wishful1, but it was already taken. So, I made it wishfull1 (intentionally misspelled). Stuck with me ever since.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waylon Charles Lee Earls is my name, I’ve been using Wayloncle ever since there were things to create usernames for.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ha! The wife is usually (always) right. Byrnecurse is not a good name for out in the water.
What’s your story @Canuckjetboater ?
@sunbyrned .....well - it was a "hint" to my brothers south of the 49th parallel that I was a northern friend. Missed having dual American/Canadian citizenship by less than 48 hours. Father was posted to the Pentagon and parents decided to deliver me in Canada where grandparents could visit before we left for the U.S.A. Parents bought a house in Chevy Chase. Too funny, right! LOL Spent grades 7-9 in an American school. Parents had a condo in Florida for 20 years so I have a lot of American friends. So thought Canuckjetboater fit the bill. :cool:

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@sunbyrned .....well - it was a "hint" to my brothers south of the 49th parallel that I was a northern friend. Missed having dual American/Canadian citizenship by less than 48 hours. Father was posted to the Pentagon and parents decided to deliver me in Canada where grandparents could visit before we left for the U.S.A. Parents bought a house in Chevy Chase. Too funny, right! LOL Spent grades 7-9 in an American school. Parents had a condo in Florida for 20 years so I have a lot of American friends. So thought Canuckjetboater fit the bill. :cool:
Lol, very interesting!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I’m a big Seinfeld fan and always say “Giddyup” (Kramer) not sure where the joe part came from but I remember the night I found out about this site and I was watching a rerun... name is Nate for the record!