• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What’s up with your nickname (screen name)??

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
REALLY used to look like Drew, now I just rock the glasses. Intentional misspelling of the last name so folks don't get us mixed up. Fans are tiresome
Hahaha! Was definitely curious about yours.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My boat’s name is Dixie Highway. It’s become unfashionable to call the south Dixie (Not sure why, SJW’s never research what they’re trying to cancel), but growing up where I did with a mainly southern family I understood it well. My hetero life mate is from the south, and we both love it there and long to return lol. This boat is our path to happiness so there you have it, it’s our Dixie Highway. There’s a road up here near Chicago named that too, always drive by the exit and it made me think about what I’d name a boat and why.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My boat’s name is Dixie Highway. It’s become unfashionable to call the south Dixie (Not sure why, SJW’s never research what they’re trying to cancel), but growing up where I did with a mainly southern family I understood it well. My hetero life mate is from the south, and we both love it there and long to return lol. This boat is our path to happiness so there you have it, it’s our Dixie Highway. There’s a road up here near Chicago named that too, always drive by the exit and it made me think about what I’d name a boat and why.
Interesting to me because we have a Dixie Highway in Louisville. I always just assumed you were from around here.

Sealegs89

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Joined the site for some insight when I started boat shopping, just a random name I made up on the fly haha

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Zipper...everytime I see a thread title with the word Zipper in it I think, what did I do now! My handle has nothing to do with all the zippers installed on our bimini for the sun shades. The real Zipper (RIP) was my 14yo border collie, my "work horse" on the farm. My wife and I made award winning sheep and cows milk cheeses on our farm for 20 years. If anybody has ever tried to move 200 sheep in the same direction without scattering, you know how much work that dog saved me. He was famous on his own as he was in several publications but was cut out of our photo in Martha Stewart Living Magazine. He was pissed. Never stood for another photo. Loved to watch him work the sheep. Thats it, it's all about a man and his dog. Below, he was sitting at my feet looking up, but he was a wet, dirty dog. I was no different and they cropped him out.

20170713_165754.jpg

Zipper, retired. It's all about eye contact when herding.

20170712_163908.jpg

Last edited:

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Interesting to me because we have a Dixie Highway in Louisville. I always just assumed you were from around here.
As a matter of fact I’ve seen a LOT of roads/streets named that all over the place, seems to be a popular street name.

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Zipper...everytime I see a thread title with the word Zipper in it I think, what did I do now! My handle has nothing to do with all the zippers installed on our bimini for the sun shades. The real Zipper (RIP) was my 14yo border collie, my "work horse" on he farm. My wife and I made award winning sheep and cows milk cheeses on our farm for 20 years. If anybody has ever tried to move 200 sheep in the same direction without scattering, you know how much work that dog saved me. He was famous on his own as he was in several publications but was cut out of our photo in Martha Stewart Living Magazine. He was pissed. Never stood for another photo. Loved to watch him work the sheep. Thats it, it's all about a man and his dog. Below, he was sitting at my feet looking up, but he was a wet, dirty dog and they cropped him out.

View attachment 126771

Zipper, retired. It's all about eye contact when herding.

View attachment 126772
Great, great story!

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Extremely unoriginal over here. mjs5128 was my Penn State user ID and email. Its been around for 15 years, Guess I'm stuck with it...

tim h

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I suppose mine should be "Hammy" if it were a nickname, but i'm on several different forums and just took the EASY WAY OUT when coming up with a screen name. So it is my first name and first letter of last name....(yawn). Never owned a jet boat. My good friend does @upperdeck , and we took it to Bimini in 2012' or 2013 if I recall. Only 4 boats on that trip. @Andy S @justason and another member. GREAT trip, a little rough going across though. I have owned MANY MANY different YAMAHA'S through the years; snowmobiles, motorcycles, jet skis.... And now repowering with Yammy outboards. :winkingthumbsup"

mkbcaptain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
MKB are my initials, and I’m a USCG Licensed Master Captain. Ahoy!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Mine is easy
;)
So you were 14 and had sex with a 19 year old And it happens 0 times after that .14SX190 But your still bragging to your friends about it???

i was trying to live to 1999 I had a GS1100, and raced a mustang every night.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Mine indicates a lack of creativity.
Same here. Wasn't trying to be funny or cute. It's just me. And, I've only met two other Deans in my life. Not a common name. So why not. :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A play on my name Jared... and I want people to think I'm "rad". 😎 Let me know if it's working. 😉

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fight that with his name as well. Grew up in the Cloverleaf neighborhood just off Dixie Highway and I-264. Took some mental gymnastics to overcome his username, and flashbacks of my childhood :D

@BeauSko To answer the original question.......I was attempting to sign up for a message board back in the mid-late 90's for S-10 pickups. I had gone through about 240 possible usernames attempting to register, and they were all taken, dissapproved, or otherwise not possible, so I started doing all kinds of weird spellings and numbers and such attempting to get a username that would work. 2kwik4u finally worked, and I was in. At the time I was doing a LOT of autocross and road racing, so it felt somewhat clever (I was 19 at the time) to use the letters and numbers to tell you I was faster than you.

It's been my online "personal identifier" ever since. I was early enough in gmail to get it as my email address as well, and can't seem to let that go, so now I maintain two email addresses for that reason alone. Every year on my birthday I get a reminder of how many places I've signed up with that name. I think last year I had something like 55 "happy birthday" messages from random message boards I don't visit anymore.

Sadly, just about a month ago, my first and favorite message board was finally shut down. www.s-seriesforum.com was my "internet home" for the last 20+ years, and it went away very suddenly. Was hard to communicate my sadness over that with the wife. She tries hard, but I don't think she completely understands my internet friends just yet :D :D. I'm still working on the transition to make jb.net my "internet home"........so far so good.