• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Bargains What A Deal!!!! <Post up Bargains Here>

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That flyer has been a permanent fixture in the head aka shitter since I got it a few days ago! Bad news is Harbor Freight is about 10 minutes away! Doh!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, guys fill me in on what I am missing. This looks like a good deal, and maybe this is the wrong place to post this. As anyone in the Midwest looking for a 24' Yamaha should be interested as well.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/5060898880.html

If this is anyone's boat on here, please reach out to me, as I am interested. With the release of the 2015 hulls, the prices of AR240 and 242LS from previous years have dropped huge. When I saw 242LS under $35K, they had my attention. When I see an AR240 under $25K, then I am calling my credit union.

So what am I missing. NADA is saying this vintage AR240 is a $27-$30K boat in good condition. What should I be looking for in that year? What about those engine covers? Those are not stock right? 2010 should be the latest 1.8ltr engines, but those covers look custom. I suppose a water test is the best way to find out.

I am working on a project next week in N Central Wisconsin, so the potential of driving my truck and checking it out are great. As always, your advice and comments are always welcome.

Thank you!

Also let me know if this would be appropriate in the general forum.
That looks like a clean boat to me. The covers are from jet boat pilot I believe. If so, there is a good chance it has thrust vectors as well. Bow roller has been upgraded and the trailer guides are after market as well. If the nada value is $25k to $30K the price is great and not one I would expect "in season". Still it could be a scam, if I were to check it out I'd ask to see and test drive it right away and would bring cash or a cashiers check with me. Oh, look for broken bolts or cracked cases on the oil coolers.
Also looks like upgraded Fulton F2 winch, custom trailer wheels, and a Fusion stereo head unit. If thus is for-real, the owner made a number of nice upgrades and wasn't afraid to spend money on it. I would, as Ronnie suggests, give it a thorough eyeball & water test ASAP & be ready & able to snap it up if it checks out.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ok, guys fill me in on what I am missing. This looks like a good deal, and maybe this is the wrong place to post this. As anyone in the Midwest looking for a 24' Yamaha should be interested as well.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/5060898880.html

If this is anyone's boat on here, please reach out to me, as I am interested. With the release of the 2015 hulls, the prices of AR240 and 242LS from previous years have dropped huge. When I saw 242LS under $35K, they had my attention. When I see an AR240 under $25K, then I am calling my credit union.

So what am I missing. NADA is saying this vintage AR240 is a $27-$30K boat in good condition. What should I be looking for in that year? What about those engine covers? Those are not stock right? 2010 should be the latest 1.8ltr engines, but those covers look custom. I suppose a water test is the best way to find out.

I am working on a project next week in N Central Wisconsin, so the potential of driving my truck and checking it out are great. As always, your advice and comments are always welcome.

Thank you!

Also let me know if this would be appropriate in the general forum.
Hmmmm, did you notice this:

condition: good
length overall (LOA): 24
propulsion type: sail

Are the sails in good shape? :confused:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

LOL. It IS a nice sail boat, however !@
<Still laughing> :winkingthumbsup"

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Likely he is referencing the high freeboard, lack of rudder/keel performance features of this vessel. :winkingthumbsup"

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Ya, there were plenty of red flags on that ad, and no response at all to inquiries. It was legit enough that I had to look into it.

So anyone on the board with an AR240 of that vintage thinking of selling in the $25K range, please feel free to call me, as my heart was starting to get hooked with the idea of finally getting back into a Yamaha boat.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya, there were plenty of red flags on that ad, and no response at all to inquiries. It was legit enough that I had to look into it.

So anyone on the board with an AR240 of that vintage thinking of selling in the $25K range, please feel free to call me, as my heart was starting to get hooked with the idea of finally getting back into a Yamaha boat.
I'll sell you mine for $25k if you throw in an extra 15k or so in cash!!

Thought that was suspiciously low. The new more expensive models tend to help the old boats maintain value.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'll sell you mine for $25k if you throw in an extra 15k or so in cash!!

Thought that was suspiciously low. The new more expensive models tend to help the old boats maintain value.
Sorry to say, he was only 3-5K under NADA which is based on actual dealer sales figures. So as much as an owner may want their 2010 AR240 to be worth $40K, they were $45K new. These are selling at dealers for $27-$30K.

Many owners keep comparing these to the $60K 242LS, which would not be a fair comparison. That and 242LS of this vintage are showing up under $35K on a regular basis. Everything depreciates sooner or later. I had just hoped I had found an aggressive seller ready to move. I think he did and just didn't pull his ad. (poorly written as it may seem)

Quick question for you, did that 2010 AR tower tip down? It looked to have joints from what I could see in the photos.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No it does not tip down. And no I don't expect to get 40k but 25k is too low. nada is not a great guide on these boats if you look around at actual sales and advertised prices. You will want to believe nada as a buyer but not as seller. The reality is nada historically runs low on Yamaha.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2010-YAMAHA-AR240-652942

The region affects pricing too.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's my point. I was not referring to Blue Book. NADA is based on actual final closing prices, not asking prices that are advertised. We are in agreement, this was priced low no matter who's book we are comparing it to. And the ad you showed is high in comparison as well. These boats are worth more to the owners, as there isn't much out there from Yamaha to replace them with, or at least enough to justify the cost difference.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't think we do agree, which is fine. For the last eight years that I have owned and been watching prices, Nada has been low on these boats. That price would have been a steal. That boat at Nada would have been a steal.

Anyway, back to the topic of bargains...

Last edited:

Port0222

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

also -- The title says "NEW 2010... " this has not been new for the better half of a decade!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I likey ! I just purchased my wife this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RU3RGQG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

She does laps back/forth in the lake, this one allows increased visibility AND intermittent rest stops. but remains inflated.

The device you show certainly has a lot of merit as a life saver ! 69-79$$ is a bit steep ?!?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was at Sam's Club yesterday and they had this on sale for $109. Website says $139. To me that is a good deal for this... Has two built in coolers, cup holders, etc...

They also have an 8 person version for $40 more... with two additional loungers. floating island.jpg floating island 2.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
God I hope my wife doesnt see this.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thought SOME of y'all - those of you not like me and not on Weight Watchers - might be interested in this one;

$20 @ KrispyKreme for only $10 !

Short time frame as it's a GroupOn.
Enjoy, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

https://www.groupon.com/deals/krispy-kreme-48-amarillo?utm_source=GPN&utm_medium=afl&z=skip&utm_campaign=201678&mediaId=217560&wid=http://bensbargains.net/

If you use this "code" you also save an additional $2 !!!!!!!!!!!

So it's $20 worth of Food and Drink for $8 !

Almost as good as a nickel cee-gar !

Today only. Groupon is offering a
$20 credit to Krispy Kreme for $10 - 20% off with coupon code MAGIC20 [Exp 7/12] = $8 with free shipping. Promotional value expires 8/26.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this on my local Craigslist. Seems like a steal... http://charlotte.craigslist.org/boa/5112424658.html
Sounds like they have it priced at low market value for sure. Too bad the description says Dual Captains Chairs and the photos show an actual SX210 that doesn't include dual captains chairs. One of those "too low to be real" deals.

This shine of that exterior hull and lack of graphics wreaks of gelcoat repair. Who knows.