• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are your thoughts on the Sea-Doo Switch Pontoon Jet Boat?

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can second this. The spark can take a beating. The only issue I’ve ever heard is some of the internal foam breaking up. But that seems rare and doesn’t apply to the switch. The ACE motor has become more reliable then the previous BRO motors.
Spark owner here, I agree I beat the hell out of it and if anything breaks you buy the new pc and pop it back on.

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Taking a closer look at that spec sheet, i noticed theyre coming with iDF... Maybe the iDF will trickle its way into the scarab lineup.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If I ever would want a toon, I would get this one. I don't have the $$ to buy a second boat and wouldn't change my 242 for this. Then again, if I were to get a second boat or change my 242, I would go small cruiser.

I like the idea though. More jets for the peoples!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
t Berkshire with a 150 for ~$40k in '18. A Switch is similar size/shape/price.

I would think the Switches need to have similar performance at the minimum. Would like to see somewhere in the 40's with the 230HP on the 21ft.

What does an AR210 run? @HangOutdoors has one. That is similar HP and length to a switch, although obviously hull shape is quite different. Looks like an SX210 runs around 44mph according to boattest.com.
As a previous owner of a spark, I have never heard this. Those things would take a beating and be fine. It is pretty thick plastic, seemed much stronger than fiberglass. In either case, replacing one would be relatively easy I would think.
i guess it depends but... once cracked, it can't be repaired... thats shitty
1628863588308.png

LakeTravisBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Me and the wife fight all the time about how she wants a pontoon and I don’t, this boat may save my marriage.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cannot believe in this day in age the boat companies don’t have 3rd party reviews release with the announcement like the car companies do. This really misses a ton of marketing.
Doesn’t seem like they need marketing. I called about four dealers and they’re already half way sold out and are asking for thousands over MSRP

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I don’t think you need to repair, you just unbolt that part and replace with a new pc.
Yeah imagine that on a bigger scale

Doesn’t seem like they need marketing. I called about four dealers and they’re already half way sold out and are asking for thousands over MSRP
thats crazy this thing is getting so much attention already. I would have never thought... but good for them!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Never much cared for pontoon's and my first reaction was negative but the more I look at this thing the more intriguing it is. I think the handle bars just might wind up being a plus if this thing is as quick and nimble as it looks like it could be, for a pontoon anyway. Would be fun to try one.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think the Sea-doo modular tank is only 4 gallons, a nice size for the PWC but likely a bit small for the Switch. Sea-doo says not to stack them, but I wonder if you can?

One also might be able to get a larger, non Sea-doo tank, and fabricate a mount for the LinQ. I know I have seen videos of folks making their own mounts for non Sea-doo coolers for their PWCs.

I definately would like to see a video of the Switch in rougher water. Being a tri-hull it should help, but I have my doubts.

Jim
I imagine seadoo or others will come out with a bigger spare tank for the linq tiles if range is an issue.

I’m not sure what the tile dimensions are but it only tanks an 18” cube to hold 20 gallons.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it only tanks an 18” cube to hold 20 gallons.
I saw this and thought; No effing way that's right, I'm gonna check that math.....Sure enough (18in)^3 = 21.02gal...I would have bet money it took more volume than that.

Learn something new every day.

thefortunes

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw this and thought; No effing way that's right, I'm gonna check that math.....Sure enough (18in)^3 = 21.02gal...I would have bet money it took more volume than that.

Learn something new every day.
I did too, lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Welp my deposit is in. Going to run it as a full time rental.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will need reports, of course, @adrianp89 ....

I join everyone in hating the steering. I think it will be difficult to get fine control with that input mechanism (and more difficult to get fine control over the engine with the finger throttle). Reserving judgement on the rest. I did note that the 'stackable' extra tank is like 4 gallons and not stackable (it stacks with some little storage pocket, not with another tank). One of my main questions is how this LinQ system holds up. If one of the tabs breaks off, can you no longer use the seat or cooler or whatever it was? Or is that not possible (that it breaks off)?

I did see in the documentation that it has a swim ladder, but haven't seen that in any of the photos. Same with the nav lights. Interestingly, it says it comes with a quick connect for towing, but then a post for towing is extra on some models. Also interesting that you can buy a lock to lock down your storage compartment, cooler, etc.--a set of 2 is $92.

Will continue to monitor...

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
This would be a no brainer for a lot of people.....if it had a wheel

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I would think (hope) the helm was a result of time constraints and the bean counters. Hopefully next year they find the time or money to redesign.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I saw a video with the ladder. It’s a telescoping model integrated into the starboard stern corner a little lower than the deck.

having purchased two new Waverunners this season, my opinion is that many people, especially those with pwc experience, will have no problems with the handle bar controls in place of a steering wheel and separate throttle/shifter controls.
Especially these with seadoo’s intelligent braking/reverse system.