• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What did you do to your boat today?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I've had one before and loved it. It eventually wore out. This one is new and I haven't used this one, yet. I like that it's a high volume/pressure pump. It pumps up my big 2 person tube in no time and it pumps it nice and tight.

Perfect, thanks

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reinstalling Port engine after cleaning bio-fouled cylinder water jackets. Port install

Last edited:

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Kept wiring up my blue seas fuse panel and getting the GPS/depthfinder installed. While we were at it, admiral decided to start peeling at the old swim deck matting on the back to prep for the seadek. I was expecting a full on fight based on the horror stories I’ve read here, but she crushed it without much fuss. Unfortunately once it was off though we discovered a BUNCH of spider cracks in the gel coat underneath the lower level. I’m not worried about them there since they’ll be under the mats, but I am worried that they’re gonna travel and get worse to where it’s not covered. Anybody else have similar cracking?0CF47D3C-C48D-4490-8507-CF938F2C318F.jpeg93ECF6BE-9223-4BDE-8CC2-CC218A39F42B.jpeg

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
If the spider cracks are only in the gel its no problem but if they are through the glass then thats a place where water can get in and rot the wood core. Only problem is there is no way to tell without grinding into them to do the repair. If it wasnt the deck i wouldnt worry about it but thats a very wet area. Thats also assuming that the deck has a wood core in that area. I am assuming it does. Most boats do for strength or else the deck would be too springy. I know for sure that hatch does

svana

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the spider cracks are only in the gel its no problem but if they are through the glass then thats a place where water can get in and rot the wood core. Only problem is there is no way to tell without grinding into them to do the repair. If it wasnt the deck i wouldnt worry about it but thats a very wet area. Thats also assuming that the deck has a wood core in that area. I am assuming it does. Most boats do for strength or else the deck would be too springy. I know for sure that hatch does
Some of them are hairlines, but there are other spots where a small chunk of the glass actually came up with the mat (think nail head size for the bigger ones). I’ll try to clean it up and snap some photos of them today when we go back to the marina.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yea hairlines can go through the gel and into the glass as well

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Kept wiring up my blue seas fuse panel and getting the GPS/depthfinder installed. While we were at it, admiral decided to start peeling at the old swim deck matting on the back to prep for the seadek. I was expecting a full on fight based on the horror stories I’ve read here, but she crushed it without much fuss. Unfortunately once it was off though we discovered a BUNCH of spider cracks in the gel coat underneath the lower level. I’m not worried about them there since they’ll be under the mats, but I am worried that they’re gonna travel and get worse to where it’s not covered. Anybody else have similar cracking?View attachment 140795View attachment 140794
I don't know man, but maybe the the mats kept the boat together. Should replace before venturing out again. :winkingthumbsup"

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cleaned my boat after spending a month at the dealer. Sanding dust everywhere in the engine bay, overspray in places, dirty shoe prints on some of my seats, and generally just filthy from being rained on. Glad she's all cleaned up, and back in storage out of the element's. Tossed some antifreeze in each of the ballasts too as I noticed a little bit of ice in there. Water wasn't frozen solid, but better safe than sorry. Granted it has been sitting outside in freezing Temps for a month +. Also put a quick connect on my high pressure pump.
Engines look really good. If you don't mind, how are you cleaning the engines and compartment without fear of water intrusion. I know the connectors are water tight but it freaks me out a bit. On my wave runner the ECU/fuses has a cover over it but our boats don't. I use low pressure water and rags to clean so not sure if I should use the same approach on the boat or do you feel that isnt needed on our boats?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Engines look really good. If you don't mind, how are you cleaning the engines and compartment without fear of water intrusion. I know the connectors are water tight but it freaks me out a bit. On my wave runner the ECU/fuses has a cover over it but our boats don't. I use low pressure water and rags to clean so not sure if I should use the same approach on the boat or do you feel that isnt needed on our boats?
My engines are generally spotless and don't take more than a spray with CRC and that a light wipe with a microfiber. This however I used purple power, a boars hair lug nut brush, and a soap bucket of meguiars hyperwash. Then I hosed it down using a normal hose. When I do car engines I cover the alternator and battery, then go to town with a pressure washer. These engines likely would be fine with the same treatment, honestly. Didn't see a need and also didn't want to blast water everywhere. Then I blow dried the engine bay with my master blaster blower. Touched up any drips or wetness with a microfiber and treated the gelcoat with reload from carpro, and rest of the engine with PERL from carpro(I was out of CRC). Then another touch up with a microfiber to catch any residue after I let it set for a few minutes.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My engines are generally spotless and don't take more than a spray with CRC and that a light wipe with a microfiber. This however I used purple power, a boars hair lug nut brush, and a soap bucket of meguiars hyperwash. Then I hosed it down using a normal hose. When I do car engines I cover the alternator and battery, then go to town with a pressure washer. These engines likely would be fine with the same treatment, honestly. Didn't see a need and also didn't want to blast water everywhere. Then I blow dried the engine bay with my master blaster blower. Touched up any drips or wetness with a microfiber and treated the gelcoat with reload from carpro, and rest of the engine with PERL from carpro(I was out of CRC). Then another touch up with a microfiber to catch any residue after I let it set for a few minutes.
Ok, not too different than my approach, minus the carpro on the gelcoat or the boars hair brush, gotta get me a set of good ones. I just use my gas powered leaf blower to dry stuff off, that master blaster is a pretty penny. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Ordered Hot Sauce and 303.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, not too different than my approach, minus the carpro on the gelcoat or the boars hair brush, gotta get me a set of good ones. I just use my gas powered leaf blower to dry stuff off, that master blaster is a pretty penny. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
I have the smaller one.

I use an electric leaf blower for larger things. The little one is easy to use on smaller spaces.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the smaller one.

I use an electric leaf blower for larger things. The little one is easy to use on smaller spaces.
Hmm, hadn't seen the sidekick one, that is definitely doable.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hmm, hadn't seen the sidekick one, that is definitely doable.
It's great for things like the engine, rub rail, and tighter spaces where a large area blast of air isn't helpful.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All the respect for those tips on keeping boats looking good. Changing the subject a bit. I am working on cleaning up the cooling system and trying to keep it clean. This is a continuation of Post #363. After cleaning cylinder water jackets Bio-fouled Port engine up and running for 10 minutes on hose with no issues.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Didn’t do anything TO it.... but did order the Jetboatpilot front platform with Seadek and pads. Will see how long it takes to get it now.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Shoveled the snow and ice off the cover, does that count?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Didn’t do anything TO it.... but did order the Jetboatpilot front platform with Seadek and pads. Will see how long it takes to get it now.
I ordered the step over and and large engine pad for our soon to be 195S about three weeks ago, JBP had it to us in 7 -8 days.