• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do I need at Overton's?

mdchachi

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have this 20% Overton's coupon staring at me. As a relatively new owner I'm sure there are many things I must "need."
They have a ratcheting transom strap (Erickson Bolt-On Retractable Ratcheting Transom Tie-Downs) which looks interesting. It's not the boat buckles that everybody recommends but I'm a little worried about the boat buckles because it seems like a lot of people are modifying their trailer by bending the tab to fit them on. If these are smaller they might be better for me.
I also looked at bow rollers but it doesn't look like they sell the recommended Stoltz.
Maybe a good bumper for the rear where the cleat is frequently below the point where the bumper needs to be...

Any ideas/advice?

big fenders 26x 8.5, it amazes me how people spend 70k on a new boat but cant spend a $100 in a pair of big fender and 2nd anchor, not saying this is you, but my experiences at the lake and beach.

big fenders 26x 8.5, it amazes me how people spend 70k on a new boat but cant spend a $100 in a pair of big fender and 2nd anchor, not saying this is you, but my experiences at the lake and beach.
Thanks. It's definitely not me because I've never spent that much on a boat and hard to imagine doing so. :-)
But the bigger fenders had crossed my mind. Second anchor too. Thanks.

Unless Shorelandr and Yamaha changed something on the trailers you should already have a bent tab to use for boat buckles by the tail light. I didn't have to modify anything. Bolted right in and fits although snug to the tail light but never any issue. Never tried the Erickson brand so just do some research if you want them to make sure the ratcheting mechanism isn't junk and will hold up. Worst thing you want is a ratcheting strap that doesn't ratchet lol.

Unless Shorelandr and Yamaha changed something on the trailers you should already have a bent tab to use for boat buckles by the tail light. I didn't have to modify anything. Bolted right in and fits although snug to the tail light but never any issue. Never tried the Erickson brand so just do some research if you want them to make sure the ratcheting mechanism isn't junk and will hold up. Worst thing you want is a ratcheting strap that doesn't ratchet lol.
That's good to know. I wasn't sure because there was a bunch of talk on this thread. But maybe it doesn't apply to the 19 foot trailers.
"I had to drill into the trailer for the best possible fit."
"I do plan on drilling new holes in the sides to mount them though, they are at a very odd angle right now."
"I was able to bend my existing tabs slightly and they fit perfectly."
"Put on some Boat Buckles this weekend. Here is my no-drill approach." <== this guy took his bracket apart and took a torch to it.
"I grabbed a large rubber mallet and bent the existing tie down bracket towards the outside trailer rails and they bolted right up."

That's good to know. I wasn't sure because there was a bunch of talk on this thread. But maybe it doesn't apply to the 19 foot trailers.
"I had to drill into the trailer for the best possible fit."
"I do plan on drilling new holes in the sides to mount them though, they are at a very odd angle right now."
"I was able to bend my existing tabs slightly and they fit perfectly."
"Put on some Boat Buckles this weekend. Here is my no-drill approach." <== this guy took his bracket apart and took a torch to it.
"I grabbed a large rubber mallet and bent the existing tie down bracket towards the outside trailer rails and they bolted right up."

See my pics in this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/boatbuckle-g2-retractable-transom-tie-down.15800/#post-271900. If your tab is the same (it should be) then there is no modification required. The guy with a torch has a completely different aluminum trailer lol. I wouldn't worry what people with larger boats or different trailers are having to do.

Back